GYTB

andruwu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tried downloading over 1000 badges at first to install them using GYTB, then got an error and I assumed it was because I tried downloading so much

I went to go delete some and noticed the the badges I originally had through nintendo badge arcade were now in the 'badges' folder I had just created, so I left them alone

after deleting most of the badges I downloaded, I received a different error, even after it said it was successful.

when I click on the icon to decorate my 3ds with badges, It tells me I I can't customize my menu because I have no badges. that, and when I went to the badge arcade app and went to customize my menu from there, I received the same error from GYTB.

before I downloaded so many badges, I tested it out on a few and it was working perfectly. I tried to locate any folders on my sd card as to where the badge arcade badge's mightve been held before, but no luck. it isn't the issue with deleting the preview, as I made sure to delete each one.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the badges that I'd already had, as suddenly they ended up in my badge folder, but I'm sure what to do

edit: nvmd.... i overlooked a preview image

Last edited by andruwu,
  • Sad
Reactions: SylverReZ

SlopeDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DId you ever get this to work? I'm having a pretty similar issue right now, where I tried to delete all my badge arcade data, where it now says I can't access any of my official badges and it fails in GYTB when trying to access those official badges (completely ignores my 'badges' in my root folder.)

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
edit: nvmd.... i overlooked a preview image
Don't end off your thread with that. Wait until someone can help you, otherwise, it would be a waste of time for everyone.

DId you ever get this to work? I'm having a pretty similar issue right now, where I tried to delete all my badge arcade data, where it now says I can't access any of my official badges and it fails in GYTB when trying to access those official badges (completely ignores my 'badges' in my root folder.)
Maybe try clearing your badge cache, re-install Badge Arcade and load GYTB again.

SlopeDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't end off your thread with that. Wait until someone can help you, otherwise, it would be a waste of time for everyone.

Maybe try clearing your badge cache, re-install Badge Arcade and load GYTB again.
Thanks for replying! In trying to clear the badge cache using this tutorial, when trying to delete the CacheD.dat file, it appears to not hold any data (value of 0.00 B), and deleting it, the system essentially soft locks, with only the internal clock continues on the top screen. Was this what you meant by badge cache?

Tutorial Name on GBATEMP: Clear 3DS Icon Cache (Useful for Universal Inject Generator users)

SlopeDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, smth like that.
Ok, now I think I'm getting somewhere. I totally redownloaded badge arcade, and opened it again using another Nintendo ID. This caused it to delete all my official badge data, but it looks like GYTB isn't wanting to access my badges folder in the root directory. I've got a screenshot below showing what the GYTB console fully says when running.

edit: my badges folder in root has just a few images right now, they're all 64x64 images that I just pulled from the official repo
Post automatically merged:

Got it working! It honestly could've been a couple of things, but I completely deleted my badges folder (in the root directory) and when reimporting images I only named my images with lowercase letters.

Attachments

• 2DSIMG.jpg
    2DSIMG.jpg
    411.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited by SlopeDude,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more