Gaming Nintendo Badge Arcade - what will happen?

YeOldBarney

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Boy you turn me inside out; 'round and round!
Website
doyouliveinthe.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all! I've been looking at some posts about the Nintendo Badge Arcade (I'll refer to it as NiBA for the rest of this post, and for comments), and I have some questions.
So, as basically everyone knows, the eShop only allows you to re-download games and apps you have already downloaded/purchased before.

So, let's discuss some things:
  1. Is NiBA going to stay up for the rest of this year?
  2. Will anyone make a server for the NiBA? (I hope so)
  3. Will someone figure out how to change their amount of plays since the eShop is closed down, whilst the Nintendo server for it is still up? (+ if a custom server is made, do you think there be a website for that server that allows you to change your plays)
  4. Why does NiBA take SO LONG to load? (At least on my O3DS it does)
  5. What content does NiBA have to 'download'? (+ what's the size of the content it has to download?)

2: See this question.

3: Earlier, I got to change my practice catcher plays to 99. It's definitely possible. Just need to get enough free plays, haha.

4 & 5: After reading this post, downloading the Tool Pack, and then checking the contents of download data.bat, NiBA downloads 2 files, which, in total, can be around 55 MB, of badge data (files are allbadge_v130.dat and allbadge_v131.dat) corrisponding the the user's region and writes it to the SD card. O3DSes have write speeds up to 1.5MB/s (iirc), and download speeds of up to 500-600KB/s (iirc, again) which is why it's so slow.

Greatly appreciate any contribution to this discussion with details regarding these questions! :)

Last edited by YeOldBarney,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto