Tutorial  Updated

Merging badge data!

Hi GBAtemp. User @shutterbug2000 has found a way to merge two badge datas to essentially give yourself the badges of another player that has made their files publicly available. In this tutorial, we'll be using @Februarysn0w's badges (he/she has collected over 900 badges).

Februarysn0w's badge data: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=b6305612e3c95fbd&id=B6305612E3C95FBD!694&authkey=!ANwz34EVEYjGARc

1. Open the target's BadgeMngFile.dat and yours in a hex editor of your choice. (HxD is preferred)
5239b2ce86.png

2. Copy from 0x0 to 0xc (ctrl+g "C"; hex checked) from the target and then pastewrite the strings onto your file.
aca6040825.png

c548712ff2.png

3. CTRL+G to "3E8" and select everything starting from there to the end of the file and pastewrite it to yours once again. (Alternatively, you can copy from 0x1C to 0x20 from your file and then pastewrite the strings onto the target. Using this method, you can skip step 2 and 3. Then simply copy the target file to your 3DS)
38f9bac7e1.png

4. Save the edited BadgeMngFile.dat.

5. Copy the modified BadgeMngFile.dat and the target's BadgeData.dat onto your SD card and import them.

Please reply to this thread if this worked for you!

Great videos by @Ericzander:
CFW users:
Homebrew users:

EDIT: A lot of people don't know what to use. If you're a CFW user, use SaveDataFiler. If you're a *hax user, use ext_data dump tool or Sunshell by Rinnegatamante.

Last edited by froggestspirit,

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
badge2file + badge2date = no pokemon badges

14D1_BadgeData+14D1_BadgeMngFile (not from the subfolder) = pokemon badges (not all of them though i think.)

thank you so much februarysnow <3

Reactions: Nyannurs

Nyannurs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
guys, please... you don't just import Februarysn0w's data like it's cake, EDIT BOTH FILES!! (yours and his/hers)

Nyannurs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what do you mean edit both of theirs? It doesn't say that in your steps on the first page, just to pastebin certain parts of theirs to ours.
That's already editing both files...
edit: pastebin? you mean, pastewrite? it's a function from HxD.

Nyannurs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah pastewrite, sorry. And ah, you worried me for a sec and thought I had missed something
haha, did you get it to work though? i can try to troubleshoot a bit for you.

if it didn't work, make sure you copied from start to finish exactly. you can't miss a single byte or it'll be over

anonynom

Punchyleaf
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha, did you get it to work though? i can try to troubleshoot a bit for you.

if it didn't work, make sure you copied from start to finish exactly. you can't miss a single byte or it'll be over
It didn't work, when i go to restore the dump it tells me copying failed @_@ and that would be awesome if you could ^_^

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i wonder if its feasible to set up a site like 3dsthem.es for badges. dl the ones you want into a folder, run a program to edit your savefile and BAM you got your badges. if it's even possible it probably won't be easy though. but boy it would be awesome. also those neat themes made for the badges would be sweet too. anyone know where you can get the race mario one for one? i'd love that one.

anonynom

Punchyleaf
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, *hax user? can't help you much, so sorry. i'm cfw D:

@Ericzander, we need your tutorial magics :(
aw poop D: thanks for the offer at least :>
maybe your pictures idea will help lol

Actually, if this worked for you, can you tell me if the person who uploaded has the halloween themed badges? That's really the only ones i want so if it doesn't have it i wont have to go through all this stuff lol

Last edited by anonynom,

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
smh. i'll go do the tutorial with pictures
a section on the programs you can use to export and import would be good too. oh and the whole pastewrite thing is a tad confusing too. i was just ctrl+c ctrl+ving at first because i assumed (wrongly) that that's what you meant

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, [insert wut here]
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now I'm low, i was upstairs in my wifeys kitchen, now I'm downstairs in my dungeon.(My basement)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    do you mind? i snuck in with amiibo and jars, and am trying to do my thing brony style
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    have you ever regretted saying something immediately after saying it?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah what i was doing was trying to cure my ever-so-apparent crabs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    my younger brother is forcing me to play with him and my cousins are here *sigh*
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ that Hack a hacked 360 vid was neat, never knew it existed.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I thought it was interesting.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm this video is clickbait
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a dazzel capture card some place in storage
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I got a dazzel capture card some place in storage