Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaVaLiEr666

CaVaLiEr666 Member
    Newcomer

awesome guide, just got a 3ds xl updated to 9.2 and followed from start to finish, and now running rxtools fine, thank you :)

samiam144 likes this.
  2. zekepliskin

zekepliskin GBAtemp Regular

I think I know why - if you're using 9.2 for sysNAND the payload for menuhax is based on an exploit for a newer version, with lower success rate. As I posted in another thread :-

Seems changing the payload makes a huge difference, I can now also report about a 9/10 success rate (I've cold booted or restarted my O3DS about twenty times today for various reasons and it's only failed two or three times). Might be worth changing a few steps in the menuhax part of the tutorial or something to reflect this? Technically as you're basing the tutorial around 9.0 or 9.2 you might be able to include the U/J/E files pre hex-edited to point at auto.3dsx so it ties in with the rest of it.

Last edited by zekepliskin, May 24, 2016
  3. Kay12345

Kay12345 Member
    Newcomer

France
    But i told you i can't access to go.gateway and also reboot.ms/3ds. I think i will just unlink by removing my sd card and then format sysnand. The problem is how i can backup my nand without go.gateway or decrypt

4. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    @zekepliskin alright really appreciate the information. And that's a really good idea, I will add it to the guide later today! Thanks again.

@Kay12345 Yeah I get that, I also had the same problem, but I was able to use those URLs when I tried an older version of Decrypt9, so it's worth a try. But yes, you can just unlink the old fashion way.

5. Davidchao23

Davidchao23 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have a problem right now.

I recently downgraded my 2DS, and it is now on version 9.2.0-20. When I downloaded the pack from Mega and tried to launch Decrypt2 on HBL, all it does is flash red twice on the bottom screen, and launches me back to the homebrew menu. I don't know what I did wrong and I followed the steps in section 1 correctly. This also applies to Rxtools as well, as it shows a black screen and doesn't launch up.

Last edited by Davidchao23, May 25, 2016
  6. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    It sounds like you might have had an incomplete downgrade. Please refer to this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/a-small-thread-on-how-to-tell-if-you-got-an-incomplete-downgrade.408937/

Use this downgrade checker to see if your downgrade is complete: https://github.com/svanheulen/downgrade_check/releases

If it is not, you will have to use a game cartridge to update to a firmware between and including 9.3 - 10.7 (or <10.5 if you don't have Cubic Ninja or OOT), and then attempt the downgrade again. Be sure you use this guide to downgrade: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-2-(Downgrading)

Last edited by samiam144, May 25, 2016
  7. Davidchao23

Davidchao23 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I did have an incomplete downgrade. If this happens, do I use sysupdater to a later version and try again?

8. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    I'm not sure, I don't have experience in this. I don't see why not though, since updating is less risky than downgrading. Can you even launch sysupdater?

9. Kay12345

Kay12345 Member
    Newcomer

France
    Hey i just saw that i have the option of injecting FBI over h&s app with rxtools 2.6. Will it work to inject it to sysnand ?

10. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    Yes it works (but not for everyone, decrypt9 does it better).

11. wintermao

wintermao Member
    Newcomer

Sorry to bother you again sir, I am already at section 7, when i tried to rename Launcher.dat to E9 Launcher, my computer said that E9 Launcher is already existing..what am i gonna do about this? tnx in advance

12. Kay12345

Kay12345 Member
    Newcomer

France
    I just went without backup and format my sysnand to unlink then i updated my emunand to 11.0 it all worked out lol.

samiam144 likes this.
  13. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    Well, one of the Launcher.dat files belongs to EmuNAND9, and the other belongs to Decrypt9. Maybe you mixed up the file names? Rename one of them to just "Launcher.dat" and launch it. If it is not Decrypt9, then rename the other one to "Launcher.dat" and that one should be Decrypt9. "E9" and "D9" are just names that I chose so that you know which Launcher.dat belongs to which application, so you can name them whatever you want.

14. wintermao

wintermao Member
    Newcomer

Okay I'll
    try that.thanks..by the way, can i just skip this section 7 if i don't have a plan to play gba and dsi games?

15. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    Yes you can!

16. wintermao

wintermao Member
    Newcomer

One last question and i'm done, i swear... just going to clarify things if i really did right on hacking my unit...so to play my installed cia games, i have to load rxTools first right? Cause i can't see my installed cia games if i didn't boot rxtools first...or am i missing something? Like there can be a way to install it on my sysnand?

17. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    Yeah, you have to launch a CFW first. If you want to have CFW launch as soon as you turn on your 3DS, then go to the tutorial and read the Notice I put at the top of the tutorial, there is another guide linked there that sets you up with a complete CFW boot. It is called A9LH, or Arm9LoaderHax.

18. CaVaLiEr666

CaVaLiEr666 Member
    Newcomer

something messed up when transferring to a bigger memory card, started over and restored sys nand was back on 4.5, updated back to 9.2 all fine, then started tutorial again from scratch using new bigger memory card.

when get to Section 4 - Installing a CIA Installer and try and run the title manager, i get an error has occurred forcing the software to close, and system restarts

any ideas please ??

19. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    I'm not sure about this error. What size is your new SD card?

20. CaVaLiEr666

CaVaLiEr666 Member
    Newcomer

128GB, formatted to FAT32

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Tutorial], Installing, Firmware

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.