Newcomer

will give it a try and let u know, thank you

copying 16gb of movies to bring space down lol

samiam144 likes this.
  3. Kay12345

Kay12345 Member
    Newcomer

France
    Can you help when i unlinked the nands it deleted the ds profile exploit to access rxtools 2.6. Do you know how i can get it back ?

4. CaVaLiEr666

CaVaLiEr666 Member
    Newcomer

no luck :( still same, attached pictures to show, boot into rxtools fine and choose sysnand, goes back to home screen, i checked too and made sure it was in sysnand in settings

[​IMG] [​IMG]

i installed FBI installer cia same way and that boots, but install/import DevMenu_2x.cia fine then old3DS.AGB_FIRM.Patch.cia fails, goto devmenu to install and that does the same as title manager, also tried dev menu injected inplace of title manager. STUMPED !!!

how you guys work this out is beyond me lol ARGGHHHH

thanks again

Last edited by CaVaLiEr666, May 25, 2016
  5. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    Yes, do you have a ds flashcard? You must get the "rxinstaller.nds" from the rxTools 2.6 download and place it on your ds flashcard, then launch it from your ds flashcard. If you don't have one, there might be a file called "rxinstaller.bin" that you can launch, but I can't check right now. I have an MSET section in the tutorial, but it is for rxTools 3.0 so it might be different for you.
    Ah so FBI works then? In FBI, you must switch destination to NAND to install the AGB_Firm patch. You don't need to though, it's only if you want to play GBA games on sysnand.

..I should update FBI in the CFWKIT, along with the Menuhax thing I forgot to do yesterday xD I'll try to remember that tonight

CaVaLiEr666 likes this.
  6. CaVaLiEr666

CaVaLiEr666 Member
    Newcomer

to confirm, FBI works fine injected and installs cia files without issue with card size higher then 99gb, both dev meu and BBM do not with 96gb of space left on card. BUT i added another 70gb of files and lowered card down further now both dev menu and BBM work fine again
    so its deffo a card size problem with both, just to let others know

thanks for all the help appreciated :)

7. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    Okay thanks for the update! If I'm understanding you correctly, you had to lower your free space to about 32 - 36GB? Must have taken a long time xD Makes sense, Nintendo only recommends 32GB max!
    You're welcome :D

8. Kay12345

Kay12345 Member
    Newcomer

France
    No rxinstaller.bin doesn't work.
    "To install MSET with FBI, simply launch rxmode sysnand, launch FBI, and press SELECT. Now, select "rxtools3.x 4.x". MSET should now be installed"
    So i have to inject FBI into sysnand. Is it safe ? Also what's the difference between sysnand and rxmode sysnand because i don't see any difference even in the version.

9. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    Yes it's safe, the instructions are in Section 4. Sysnand is just your regular 3ds, unhacked. Rxmode sysnand is your sysnand with CFW patches that allow cia installation, etc., like in emunand.

10. Kay12345

Kay12345 Member
    Newcomer

France
    In section 4 i need to go to go.gateway... that doesn't for me also i can't boot decrypt9wip so forget about that. I have an option in rxtools 2.6 to inject FBI in sysnand over h&s will it work ?

11. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    Yes it should!

12. Kay12345

Kay12345 Member
    Newcomer

France
    It didn't work i think i have to add the tmd file corresponding to v2050.
    Also i have pokemon games and it told me that there is an update available do i just update from the eshop ? Cause i went in and i could press update but the update is like 1.3go i think, is it normal or maybe it will download all the game ? Basically can i download updates from eshop or is there another method ?

13. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    Yes you need both the .app and the .tmd file.
    Yes you can download updates from the eShop. You can also download them using CIAngel or download a .CIA of the update.

14. Kay12345

Kay12345 Member
    Newcomer

France
    Ok thx. Sorry i have another question:
    I saw on 3dsiso that i can download a cia for mset will it work like if i just install it on nand with FBI i will be able to start rxtools from ds profile ?

15. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    You still need to run the rxinstaller (.nds or .bin) afterwards. What firmware are you on again? You only need to downgrade your MSET is you are not on 4.x or 6.x.

16. Kay12345

Kay12345 Member
    Newcomer

France
    I am on 4.5 sysnand

17. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    Then you don't need to downgrade MSET. It won't change anything on your system.

18. Kay12345

Kay12345 Member
    Newcomer

France
    So i can just install mset cia and run rxinstaller.bin ?

19. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    You don't need to install the mset cia, because your mset is already on version 4.x (unless you changed it before). You only need to run rxinstaller.bin, but you said it didn't work for you before.

20. Kay12345

Kay12345 Member
    Newcomer

France
    Yeah wtf i can't run anything from the browser. It sucks.
    Finally do you know how i can update my FBI to the latest version ? And is it worth it like does it change anything or i can remain with the old one ?

21. Kay12345

Kay12345 Member
    Newcomer

France
    Yeah wtf i can't run anything from the browser. It sucks.
    Finally do you know how i can update my FBI to the latest version ? And is it worth it like does it change anything or i can remain with the old one ?

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Tutorial], Installing, Firmware

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.