Not open for further replies.
  1. ImInsane

ImInsane GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Sucess in rxTools 2.6. Thanks

samiam144 likes this.
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Tried 2.5.2 and 2.6 and both of them freeze. I guess I just downgraded for nothing, since every website freezes and EmuNAND9 in homebrew launcher gives me a red screen.

3. Ghaleon1982

Ghaleon1982 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    How do you go anout uninstalling a game once your done with it?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Ok first thing to do is make sure you backed up your nan. Then go to your system settings and FORMAT your system with out the memory card in. Then let it reboot. Pop your memory card into your PC and format that as well. Put it back into your DS and start over. The issue is that you missed up on something and it's stored in your system info and the only way to rest it is to format and start over.

4. pancakewagon

pancakewagon Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Welp, I have a new problem now.

I backed up my sdcard before installing emunand. Restored all the files after, and my 3ds isn't recognizing the card as having any data on it. :(
    Going to data management > software just says "There is no accessible software data."

EDIT: I used an older backup and got it working. Maybe I made a bad backup? I'm going to see if I can try to get it working again.

EDIT2: I see what I did wrong the first time. After emunand installed there was a Nintendo 3DS folder already on the SD. Instead of deleting it and restoring, I merged. So I just deleted it and restored and it works! :)

Last edited by pancakewagon, Jan 7, 2016
    samiam144 likes this.
  5. bac0

bac0 Newbie
    Newcomer

Done! Great tuturial! Just one question, if i boot into RX emunand i can update in settings? Thanks!

6. darklordrs

darklordrs GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    well here we are again

eShop seems to be throwing errors no matter what in emuNAND, which is ultra shit because I had to delete my Smash update data (and Alpha Sapphire's too) so I can't play either online without updating. Kinda irritating.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Welcome to GBAtemp! Yes, you can update from the settings menu, IF AND ONLY IF it has "RX" somewhere in the firmware listed at the top of the screen so you're sure you're in emuNAND.

7. Saikuro

Saikuro Newbie
    Newcomer

I unlinked the emuNAND and the sysNAND, but now, when I boot normally without rxTools, the H&S app disappeared. I restored the original app and still nothing.

8. ImInsane

ImInsane GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Yes man, im try to update Alpha Sapphire and I cant acess eshop, I try to vinculate my acc in sysNand and this 3ds keep telling me to update.

9. darklordrs

United States
    kay so i just remembered i have cias for update 1.1.3 and my dlc for smash anyway, but AS is still an issue. This is a pretty crappy issue overall tbh.

10. hudhair

hudhair GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Can I use this tutorial and continue with Launching rxTools at Boot - Menuhax!?

11. Aeth-r

Aeth-r GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm watching the tutorial video and I have a question already, 2 minutes in. I don't have the folder ,"74b1c8d6df518909e4eb68e6637fb954" in my "Nintendo 3DS" folder. The only folder I have is "36f2cbf7c2fa73bc157f1fde6503ffa4" and "Private".

12. pancakewagon

pancakewagon Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Quick question for anyone.
    Is it recommended to install .cias to emunand or sysnand? From what I understand sysnand cant play non-legit cias so you would have to use emunand?

13. CheshireXZ

CheshireXZ Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Hello i've been using the beta 8 from the old guide is there anything new in the latset nightliee build? and thanks

14. hudhair

hudhair GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I downloaded rxtools 2.6 from here but i could not find a readme file.

15. Khaeroth

Khaeroth Member
    Newcomer

Venezuela
    There is a way to play old DS games? Like in an emulator or something?

16. darklordrs

United States
    Every "Nintendo 3DS" has a strangely encrypted set of shit held in two layers of folder with wierd garble names like those. Basically, click on the wierd garble-named folder until you get to a folder with title\dbs\extdata

samiam144 and Aeth-r like this.
  17. Aeth-r

Aeth-r GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Awesome, thank you. Thats what I thought but I just didnt want to go all willy nilly screwing around with shit without confirming first.

18. NekoMichi

NekoMichi Retro Collector

Can someone please help me? I've been trying to set up rxtools on both Windows and Mac, both of which has python installed. The files I'm using are the ones from the link in step 2 of the first post of this thread. On Mac, running cdn_firm.py gives a syntax error in Terminal. In Windows, running cdn_firm.py causes a window to appear for a split second, which instantly crashes and disappears. In both cases, no "firm" folder is ever generated. What's going on?

EDIT: Turns out python needed to be downgraded to version 2.7 on Windows. Still no hope for Mac, though.

Last edited by NekoMichi, Jan 7, 2016
  19. AileenLumina

AileenLumina Python main, software engineer and API designer

Germany
    People are still running into the same issues, issues they wouldn't run into when using my guide. @samiam144 's guide is really great, but I think I should leave a link to my tutorial here so most issues that may come up regularly can be solved. Just try to jump in there at the point where you have been on this tutorial. :) My tutorial is The easy, complete, comprehensive CFW guide for everyone.

20. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    That's incredibly unfortunate man..
    Just go to Data Management.
    Don't do this in Sysnand unless your nands are unlinked.
    That's normal. You can still see it in RXMODE SysNAND.
    Anyways, visit this thread for more info.
    Yes but you will have to first update rxtools to a 3.0 nightly like the one in the OP.
    I personally install everything to EmuNAND. I only have GBA games on sysnand.
    Not really I think. Maybe you're missing out on Menuhax though. If you have no problems, or if you're not interested in Menuhax, then you don't have to update.
    It's in the tools folder.
    No, you have to use a DS flashcard. DSi games can be installed via cias though.
    Which is why I'm only now starting to add a F.A.Q :rofl:
    But seriously, almost all questions asked in the thread is already mentioned in the guide somewhere or was answered in the thread a long time ago; I need to do a better job so that people notice all the info in the OP (yes I know, it looks intimidating, but you have to read it all if you want to be knowledgeable and safe)

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Tutorial], Installing, Firmware

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.