Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eLFe

eLFe Member
    Newcomer

France
    I've got a red screen when I'm launching rxtools in CTRBootManager. When I'm trying to launch rxtools through the HomebrewChannel, red screen then reboot. Any way to fix this ?

Edit : Ok, I got rxTools working again when launched with the web-browser but the CTRBootManager & HomebrewChannel don't work anymore x)

Last edited by eLFe, Jan 6, 2016
  2. March

March Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    Does someone know about what i just asked?

Last edited by March, Jan 6, 2016
  3. MasterLel

MasterLel Cooonfusion of da highest orda

France
    your sysnand is 4.x ?

4. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Psycho!

Iraq
    Amazing job updating your Tutorial man, i am reading it now to help friend :) *thumbs up*

samiam144 likes this.
  5. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    I will update that part of the tutorial soon mate. For now, follow the part in the quotes that tells you how to download the mset files yourself; they come in .cia format. After that, you can install them to sysnand. If you are using fbi, destination must be set to Nand.
    3DNUS still works for files that are still on Nintendo's servers; the 10.3 firmware is still on the server obviously.
    Basically, generate the firmware.bin and place it on the SD card root. Also place rxtools.dat on your SD card root. Then use this URL to launch it: launch.rxtools.net
    Which step are you on?
    No you don't need 2 cards. Emunand takes up 1-2GB on your SD card (in a hidden partition) so naturally there will be less max space on the card that your PC can see.
    No, that is safe. If you downgraded MSET to the 4.x version, then yes you would be stuck at the 3D screen check.
    The old step 4a is still there in the spoiler.

However you can still use the new instructions. You will have to do Part 5 first (creating emunand) then do Part 4a but choose EmuNAND instead of sysnand whenever you have to.
    Use CHMM2. Be sure your nands are unlinked.
    Not sure why this is happening, but it happens to me if trying to use Decrypt9 through menuhax on sysnand..

6. Lv9Cirno

Lv9Cirno Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Yeah, i suppose my installation screwed up because fbi doesn't launch for me in dev mode.

Thanks but that tutorial is pretty damn unclear... Not even sure what the first step is supposed to mean.
    No idea how to run Decrypt 9.

7. Lv9Cirno

Lv9Cirno Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    And now I've managed to get cia to run in devmode, I installed sysUpdater.cia but it doesn't appear as a gift at the home menu...

8. eLFe

eLFe Member
    Newcomer

France
    Ok, I managed to get rxTools working with the Homebrew channel.
    I haven't set the "Type2" launch of homebrew channel, and I have not installed CTRBootManager yet.

Maybe that's this Type2 trigger which messes with the rxTools launch. I'll install CTRBootManager & check if it's working better.
    Edit : Now working fine. :D

Last edited by eLFe, Jan 6, 2016
    samiam144 likes this.
  9. MasterLel

MasterLel Cooonfusion of da highest orda

France
    It's alright I've followed the old instructions and everything works fine, thanks for your tutorial ;)

samiam144 likes this.
  10. DutchyDutch

DutchyDutch COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL

Netherlands
    Thanks for awnsering and making this tutorial.

samiam144 likes this.
  11. ImInsane

ImInsane GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Emunand is not found in ur SD, im step 3, anyone can help ?

12. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    I will try to make the tutorial clearer when I have time. For now, reading the Recap section gives you a pretty good idea of what exactly you're doing in each part.

If sounds like you may have a bad SD card or you installed sysupdater to the wrong destination (if you're using FBI, sysupdater should install to SD).
    If you are following the new instructions (I changed it about 12 hrs ago), then you do not have emunand yet. Creating emunand is part 5, so you can ignore that message in part 3.

ImInsane likes this.
  13. Ghaleon1982

Ghaleon1982 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The new way to install a cia launcher is really easy now. For sysupdater run that through homebrew chan

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

whats the max compacty sd card you can use for CFW?

14. Andylon12

Andylon12 Member
    Newcomer

I think you can use up to 64Gb SDHC cards. I personally have a 32Gb one, get the fastest you can, helps a whole bunch.

15. CaptainZef

CaptainZef GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    benefits to updated emunand?

16. ExpertgamerHB

ExpertgamerHB Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    I did everything in the tutorial so far before getting stuck on the part 4A.

I need to turn the HS.app into the BigBlueMenu app. But whenever I run Go.bat from the Universal Inject Generator I'm getting this:

----

This version of C:\Users\Name\Desktop\New folder\Universal-Inject-Generator-ma
    ster\tools\ctrtool.exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you're runn
    ing. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need a x86 (32-
    bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publi
    sher.

------

I know the problem is the ctrtool. I've done some digging myself and apparently older versions work. Versions 0.14 and 0.13 don't work and I can't find older versions than 0.13. I'm running on Windows 7 32 bit. Could anyone provide with a version that works or point me in the right direction?

17. ImInsane

ImInsane GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Emunand not found, i formated emunand via EmuNand9 and Gateway menu.

18. bac0

bac0 Newbie
    Newcomer

I'm stuck in the same, when you say ignore, you mean ignore the step3 or ignore the message and press a?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

What did you do in step 3?

19. MSearles

MSearles GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    In Part 4a section 13 of the tutorial where it states "choose the option to inject the hs.app", what does that exactly mean? I've gotten this far in the tutorial and now can't seem to understand that line. Does it mean to select "health&safety inject"? When I select that option though, it says that doing so is potentially dangerous.

20. Khaeroth

Khaeroth Member
    Newcomer

Venezuela
    After this tutorial, I installed some .cias.
    This works flawlessly :D Thanks

I have some questions:
    >How do I delete installed games?
    >Can I delete the .cia files after I install a game?
    >If I delete a game, the save data is lost as well? How can I backup the saves?

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Tutorial], Installing, Firmware

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.