ness2728

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey gbatemp people,

So I just bought a Gameboy Micro. I freaking love this thing. I always wanted one but never got one until I saw that post on Kotaku about them, so I hunted one down. Man it's cool.

Anyway, so I've bought a few games, and I'm hunting down a copy of FFTA, but the one thing I *really* want to play on it is Mother 3, which obviously I'll need a flash cart to do so.

Now, i'm not a complete nub, i do have some hardware for my DS:

IMG_20110718_125449.jpg

But, in trying to find something for the Micro, I'm having a hard time. a) figuring out which one is the best one to use and b) finding it somewhere to *buy*. Ive seen people suggest the Supercard SD but I can't find it anywhere, and what seems to be the #1 suggestion, the EZFlash IV, I can't find anywhere either.

So help me out here guys, what should I get?

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
ness2728 said:
The_Dragons_Master_F said:

Thank you for the link!! Do you know if the EZFlashIV has enough memory to run the 32mB games? I originally bought an ezflashiv lite compact for my DS, but I couldn't load Mother 3 onto it so I had to buy the ez flash v >_<
Well it says it should but as I don't own one I am not certain. You better wait for someone who owns one to tell you for sure.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I have a full GBA sized EZFlash IV. Never tried Mother 3 in it though as I'm not much into RPG's these days. Let me give it a try and see if it works.....

Yep, the EZFlash IV will play Mother 3 (I used the English translated ROM), but you have to save it to NOR Flash memory and not boot it through the normal PSRAM. This is a simple enough process. It booted and saved just fine.

I did a little research to find some stuff on the net that will help you understand how to do it, here's what I came up with:

Explanation (and some instructions) of what I had to do to run Mother 3:
http://ezflash.sosuke.com/about2180.html

Here's a link to the Wiki to help you make the right decision on which EZFlash IV to buy:
http://www.sosuke.com/ezflash/wiki/index.php/EZFlash_IV

Huh, I actually learned a few things about the EZFlash IV myself while testing this game out for you.

Hope that helps you!
smile.gif

xyanide1986

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Like Rayder said, the so-called 'fat edition' for the GBA can do 32Mb games run perfectly fine. I'm using one for my SP and micro, setting your console and games up is really easy but follow those instructions closely. You can also choose to write a few of your favourites to NOR because it boots instantly (hit select when you highlight a game).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9w_UTPpHjg