Trying to find a Flashcart for my GBM

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by ness2728, Jul 18, 2011.

Jul 18, 2011
  1. ness2728
    OP

Newcomer ness2728 Newbie

United States
    Hey gbatemp people,

So I just bought a Gameboy Micro. I freaking love this thing. I always wanted one but never got one until I saw that post on Kotaku about them, so I hunted one down. Man it's cool.

Anyway, so I've bought a few games, and I'm hunting down a copy of FFTA, but the one thing I *really* want to play on it is Mother 3, which obviously I'll need a flash cart to do so.

Now, i'm not a complete nub, i do have some hardware for my DS:

[​IMG]

But, in trying to find something for the Micro, I'm having a hard time. a) figuring out which one is the best one to use and b) finding it somewhere to *buy*. Ive seen people suggest the Supercard SD but I can't find it anywhere, and what seems to be the #1 suggestion, the EZFlash IV, I can't find anywhere either.

So help me out here guys, what should I get?

2. The_Dragons_Mast

Member The_Dragons_Mast GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
  3. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
  4. ness2728
    OP

Newcomer ness2728 Newbie

United States
    Thank you for the link!! Do you know if the EZFlashIV has enough memory to run the 32mB games? I originally bought an ezflashiv lite compact for my DS, but I couldn't load Mother 3 onto it so I had to buy the ez flash v >_

5. The_Dragons_Mast

Member The_Dragons_Mast GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    Well it says it should but as I don't own one I am not certain. You better wait for someone who owns one to tell you for sure.

6. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Well, I have a full GBA sized EZFlash IV. Never tried Mother 3 in it though as I'm not much into RPG's these days. Let me give it a try and see if it works.....

Yep, the EZFlash IV will play Mother 3 (I used the English translated ROM), but you have to save it to NOR Flash memory and not boot it through the normal PSRAM. This is a simple enough process. It booted and saved just fine.

I did a little research to find some stuff on the net that will help you understand how to do it, here's what I came up with:

Explanation (and some instructions) of what I had to do to run Mother 3:
    http://ezflash.sosuke.com/about2180.html

Here's a link to the Wiki to help you make the right decision on which EZFlash IV to buy:
    http://www.sosuke.com/ezflash/wiki/index.php/EZFlash_IV

Huh, I actually learned a few things about the EZFlash IV myself while testing this game out for you.

Hope that helps you! [​IMG]

7. xyanide1986

Newcomer xyanide1986 Newbie

Netherlands
    Like Rayder said, the so-called 'fat edition' for the GBA can do 32Mb games run perfectly fine. I'm using one for my SP and micro, setting your console and games up is really easy but follow those instructions closely. You can also choose to write a few of your favourites to NOR because it boots instantly (hit select when you highlight a game).