NULL

Trump's Transgender Troop Ban Goes Into Effect

Discussion in 'World News, Current Events & Politics' started by cots, Apr 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snugglevixen

Snugglevixen Princess of Cuddles

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    On your lap.
    A Y chromosome activates a gene which makes cells create testosterone. Testosterone determines the development of male characteristics and whether a fetus will develop a penis and testicles. The cells also create antimullerian hormone which prevents the development of the female reproductive tract.

So basically if through some birth defect a fetus with XX chromosomes develops into a male, it's because of hormones that are normally created by a gene carried by the Y chromosome.

So explain to me why an XX man whom has the same hormones as an XY man isn't intelligent and how women who lack hormones which 99.9% of the time rely on the Y chromosome are also intelligent?

Last edited by Snugglevixen, Apr 13, 2019
    LunaWofl, cottonMOUSE and AmandaRose like this.
  2. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Glasgow
    I was just in the middle of typing pretty much exactly what you just posted lol.

cottonMOUSE likes this.
  3. cottonMOUSE
    This message by cottonMOUSE has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Apr 14, 2019, Reason: No need for personal attacks.
    Apr 13, 2019
  4. WeedZ

WeedZ Possibly an Enlightened Being

Jan 13, 2015
    United States
    The State of Denial
    Do they not teach physiology anymore?

A gene is a set of instructions found in DNA, which is contained in a chromosome. The presence of the y chromosome holds the instructions to create a Male. Has nothing to do with production of testosterone. Testosterone production is a function of the gonads, not random cells, which in males is the testes. Some other gender neutral organs create testosterone as well, but my point is youre a Male before the testosterone production. I could go on, but basically you could have said we all came from storks and it would have been about as accurate.

Last edited by WeedZ, Apr 13, 2019
    Neo Draven likes this.
  5. cots
    OP

cots GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    The word transphobia is often used in the same manner as bigot and racist. Not only does it not apply to the situation, but it's simply being used to oppress other peoples point of views. Don't agree with something that someones says - simply throw out the word to silence the person. Misappropriately overusing the word actually does harm to the people that are actual victims of people being transphobic, bigots and/or racists as the words become hollow sounding to the people that you're trying to oppress. I don't see how going around acting the same as the people you dislike is going to solve anything.

6. Neo Draven

Neo Draven End Boss of the Entire Internet

May 3, 2010
    United States
    You said it all right there. Anomaly. Remember when I said that? Birth defects. Not XX, not XY. Birth defects. Anomaly. Would you like for me to post the dictionary definition of anomaly for you?

Testosterone treatments cannot change XX to XY. Period.

Testosterone treatments cannot alter every single cell within your body to contain a Y chromosome, even if you can achieve the same effects that a present Y chromosome would have achieved naturally.

Anything else?

Last edited by WeedZ, Apr 14, 2019 - Reason: Debate respectfully
  7. cots
    OP

cots GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    Birth defects and anomalies occur in such a small percentage of the population that trying to use them to justify the entire transsexual movement is really not a smart way to go about it. I'm not saying that is what you're doing, but often to support their viewpoint the presence of such things is used to try to convey "a reason" why everyone acts like they do when the fact is only a very minute percentage of transsexual people have such anomalies.

Last edited by WeedZ, Apr 14, 2019 - Reason: Editing quote
  8. Neo Draven

May 3, 2010
    United States
    Transexual refers to a style of dress. Transgender refers to the mental disorder that makes a boy think he's a girl.

9. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Nobody in this thread said they shouldn't. Most in this thread agree that gays should be allowed in the military.

Smoker1 likes this.
  10. bi388

bi388 GBAtemp Maniac

May 29, 2015
    United States
    Prove it. To both points. God this whole thread is a mess but this is what made me respond when reading through it. You cant make claims like these without the burden or proof. Also, you used the Appeal To Nature fallacy, implying whats "natural" is inherently better.

11. cots
    OP

cots GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    Transgender people have a gender identity or gender expression that differs from their assigned sex. Transgender people are sometimes called transsexual if they desire medical assistance to transition from one sex to another.

Last edited by cots, Apr 14, 2019
  12. Neo Draven

May 3, 2010
    United States
    So explain to me why an XX man whom has the same hormones as an XY man isn't intelligent and how women who lack hormones which 99.9% of the time rely on the Y chromosome are also intelligent?

Who said anything about intelligence? People with a mental disorder can still be intelligent.

Last edited by WeedZ, Apr 14, 2019 - Reason: Debate respectfully
  13. bi388

bi388 GBAtemp Maniac

May 29, 2015
    United States
    Last time this "debate" happened I posted a bunch of scientific, peer reviewed studies showing that trans peoples brains are physically and observably more similar to their identified sex than birth sex. If i need to i can go back in my post history and find them. Id like to see why physical body characteristics only matter until they dont support your side, then theyre ignored.

LunaWofl likes this.
  14. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Are you trying to tell me that a transgendered female, is a female brain in a male's body? If that's the case, then it's even worse than I originally thought. That sounds awful, and probably leads to a ton of mental illness.

Neo Draven likes this.
  15. bi388

bi388 GBAtemp Maniac

May 29, 2015
    United States
    Yes. Ill find the studies when i get the chance. Technically being trans isnt a mental illness though, dysphoria is. Theres a distinction because some trans people dont get dysphoria, and some non trans people do. I know a male who has abnormally large amounts of estrogen and it gives him dysphoria when though he isnt trans.

16. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

GBAtemp Patron
    Quantumcat is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Has gone offtopic and become a trash fire

slaphappygamer, Xzi and WeedZ like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
NULL