• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Trump 2024 wants to bring firing squads back and televise them

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exposure to misinformation even in the context that you want to know what's being said actually has the effect of you recalling the misinformation as fact later on

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-i...factors-influencing-the-misinformation-effect
Can't disagree, but the more sources you have, the better capable you are of disassembling the bullshit and finding the kernel of truth.

Like I learned from Mortal Kombat. There is no knowledge that is not power. Even if it's fake news, at least you know what is being spread to other, more stupid people.

I might have pegged you wrong. You are close to getting demoted from being one of my Things. This is like four non-negative interactions in a row, all on the same day.

Real talk, that makes me happy. Rather have you as a friend than an enemy. Or at least a non-hostile entity than an enemy.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I look at specific news networks, I prefer news that haven't lost a defamation lawsuit or any "news" that parrots them.
Well if that's your response to an objectively credible source, we're not getting a reasonable or intelligent discussion with you either.

Not to mention the word salad that followed.
Neither one of them even tried to explain why "the right-wing does the most violence" is wrong. There are other sources that says this and it isn't just an US thing.

Vetusomaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yea....

Yea.... Because snopes is a reliable:wtf: source for fact checking......
People still trust Snopes and "fact checkers"? Holy yikes!

Fact checkers are just another form of propaganda and censorship with them trying to fool you about their credibility just for debunking a few actual rumors anyone else could easily debunk. "Fact checkers" are so laughable that they will even try "fact checking" obvious satire memes because they probably see satire as a huge threat for "democracy" or whatever.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
this week on the masked criminal: which law breaker will be unveiled first so they can be shot on sight? our hotlines are now open cast your votes now! :creep:

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People still trust Snopes and "fact checkers"? Holy yikes!

Fact checkers are just another form of propaganda and censorship with them trying to fool you about their credibility just for debunking a few actual rumors anyone else could easily debunk. "Fact checkers" are so laughable that they will even try "fact checking" obvious satire memes because they probably see satire as a huge threat for "democracy" or whatever.

Oh, you're one of those

Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol