• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Trump 2024 wants to bring firing squads back and televise them

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Explain how it's hateful to point out violence, and how I'm manipulated for doing so.
You seem confused. You aren't pointing out violence, you are spreading a fallacy argument implicating millions of people. judging by your comments, you don't seem to know the difference.. or maybe you don't care. Its the same as talking to a racist who is convinced all black people are bad, they to will pull out stats to "back their claim".

I also don't think you actually know what propaganda is. You also think anyone who dares call you out must be somehow not a real person too don't you? Everyone who doesn't agree with your nonsense must just be a "Maga" and should be killed. This is why people like you are scary, who knows what you will do.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You seem confused. You aren't pointing out violence, you are spreading a fallacy argument implicating millions of people. judging by your comments, you don't seem to know the difference.. or maybe you don't care. Its the same as talking to a racist who is convinced all black people are bad, they to will pull out stats to "back their claim".
Ah, this is the gish gallop. It's a rhetoric tactic that the Nazis used to use, but is currently used by the alt right.

If you don't like the Nazi comparison, you can stop acting like a Nazi at any time. It's no longer hyperopic to compare you MAGAs to actual Nazis after you marched together size by side in Charlottesville in 2017.

It's important to set the record straight. You MAGAs are overwhelmingly the violent ones and try to gaslight us that it's antifa and BLM. The statistics and verified incidents prove this.

MAGAs are also not a race, it's a choice. The comparison and attempt to equate it is simply laughable.

There's no confusion here. You MAGAs, are objectively a violent people.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, this is the gish gallop. It's a rhetoric tactic that the Nazis used to use, but is currently used by the alt right.

If you don't like the Nazi comparison, you can stop acting like a Nazi at any time. It's no longer hyperopic to compare you MAGAs to actual Nazis after you marched together size by side in Charlottesville in 2017.

It's important to set the record straight. You MAGAs are overwhelmingly the violent ones and try to gaslight us that it's antifa and BLM. The statistics and verified incidents prove this.

MAGAs are also not a race, it's a choice. The comparison and attempt to equate it is simply laughable.

There's no confusion here. You MAGAs, are objectively a violent people.

I'm acting like a Nazi by calling out your hateful behavior? You are closer to a Nazi than I could even think of being. If we were in Nazi Germany, you would be first to volunteer and you don't even understand why. Are you going to go try to find another article now? Going to post some hateful memes on reddit for likes?

• Haha
Reactions: Jayro

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm acting like a Nazi by calling out your hateful behavior? You are closer to a Nazi than I could even think of being.
You don't even understand the definition of hateful.

It isn't hateful to point out that a group (one that isn't race, ethnicity, or creed) are proven to be violent. You're just projecting and it's really obvious to anyone remotely educated.

You're acting like a Nazi because you're defending groups that behave like em. That's on you.

Reactions: KingVamp

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You don't even understand the definition of hateful.

It isn't hateful to point out that a group (one that isn't race, ethnicity, or creed) are proven to be violent. You're just projecting and it's really obvious to anyone remotely educated.

You're acting like a Nazi because you're defending groups that behave like em. That's on you.
Wow, a series of strawman arguments is the best you can do? Well you didn't use any sort of logic to get to your conclusions, how can I expect to successfully use logic to talk to you? You're acting like a Nazi because you are taking the actions of a small group of people to define the whole, that's literally how Nazi propaganda worked. Anyone who called them out would be lumped in with whoever they didn't like.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, a series of strawman arguments is the best you can do? Well you didn't use any sort of logic to get to your conclusions, how can I expect to successfully use logic to talk to you? You're acting like a Nazi because you are taking the actions of a small group of people to define the whole, that's literally how Nazi propaganda worked. Anyone who called them out would be lumped in with whoever they didn't like.
Just a bunch of buzzwords you're using that you don't understand the meaning of.
Post automatically merged:

I hope this helps. This applies to Charlottesville, 1/6, the convoy protests and more:
fhjR3cLl.jpg

Reactions: Xzi

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people simply do not value human lives as much as others might.

I am one of them. I am 100% cool with public executions and have advocated for them for years. I support public flogging, caning and putting people into stocks for lesser offenses.

Obviously incarceration and probation aren't working. Maybe let's cut off a hand or two when we catch another looter. Maybe let's thrash a rapist in the town square in front of the entire public, and let the family of the victim be the one swinging the bamboo cane or the cat o' nine tails. Maybe let's shoot a mass shooter in the face on Pay Per View, and send a message.

If rehabilitation is not an option, making a messy display of what happens if you hurt people will be.

Fuck humans.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Honestly, if you televise them executions may serve as a deterrent to some extent.
I doubt it, televised executions where made by ISIS and the crime rate in occupied areas is far from negligible. Exposure to violence incites violence. It is a simplistic solution attempt to a complex problem that has many roots in the lack of social back structure. Crime and violent crime is lower when the population is better taken care of, not when it is most threatened of consequences.
Post automatically merged:

Some people simply do not value human lives as much as others might.

I am one of them. I am 100% cool with public executions and have advocated for them for years. I support public flogging, caning and putting people into stocks for lesser offenses.

Obviously incarceration and probation aren't working. Maybe let's cut off a hand or two when we catch another looter. Maybe let's thrash a rapist in the town square in front of the entire public, and let the family of the victim be the one swinging the bamboo cane or the cat o' nine tails. Maybe let's shoot a mass shooter in the face on Pay Per View, and send a message.

If rehabilitation is not an option, making a messy display of what happens if you hurt people will be.

Fuck humans.
Maybe if you have the highest incarcerated population rate in the world and still manage to be in the top 5 of OECD homicide rates it shows you that you are rather failing to deal with the causes of the problem and too focused on the punishment? 🤷 None of the bottom of the list in both lists have capital punishment, aside Japan, and all have a strong social state backbone.

Last edited by pustal,
Reactions: RetroGen

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Really? and you call yourself libertarian? How does your idea of liberty reconcile with surrending to a state, whose authority you largely don't recognise, literal power over life and death, like a God-Pharaoh of Egypy?

Last edited by Dark_Ansem,
Reactions: pustal and Xzi

Chaoticus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea....
https://www.snopes.com/news/2017/08/17/are-antifa-and-the-alt-right-equally-violent/

This is just for starters because I'm currently working and I'll have a lot more sources to back my claim, but right wing extremists (MAGAs) have been responsible for 74% of extremist violence in the US for the past few years. Left wingers are responsible for 2% and the remaining 24% are apolitical.

The right is often quick to pin the apolitical extremist violence as left wing but even if it all were, the statistics are overwhelmingly against them.

To say I'm the dangerous one for pointing out who is violent is simply laughable and ridiculous.
Yea.... Because snopes is a reliable:wtf: source for fact checking......

And while we throw mud.... Wasn't it the "Educated" People that carried out of the heinous stuff? I do remember seeing pictures of the well off and "Of educated minds" that sat back and laughed as the "Dirty" jews were beaten in the streets....

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you read any others, though?

I try to read them all. MSNBC, CNN, ABC, Fox News, NPR, The Hill, Talking Points USA, The Daily Wire, The Young Turks.

All of them. No bullshit. I grit my teeth and get pissed off when I am reading leftist bullshit (I would happily fistfight any of the Young Turks in public and catch any charge they wanted to file against me), and either cheer or cringe when I am reading right-leaning crap. But I want to get it from everywhere I can, so I can make up my own mind.

Do you only read that source, because you believe it to be more unfiltered, or do you get your news from multiple sources?

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you read any others, though?

I try to read them all. MSNBC, CNN, ABC, Fox News, NPR, The Hill, Talking Points USA, The Daily Wire, The Young Turks.

All of them. No bullshit. I grit my teeth and get pissed off when I am reading leftist bullshit, and either cheer or cringe when I am reading right-leaning crap. But I want to get it from everywhere I can, so I can make up my own mind.

Do you only read that source, because you believe it to be more unfiltered, or do you get your news from multiple sources?
I come across others like WSJ, MSNBC, NYT but only have the NPR app installed. There's no reason to really use multiple news sources of your primary one is reliable.

NPR tends to be a little slower to report though.

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I come across others like WSJ, MSNBC, NYT but only have the NPR app installed. There's no reason to really use multiple news sources of your primary one is reliable.

NPR tends to be a little slower to report though.
I disagree. I think it's important to see what the opposing side is being fed. It's important to know the strategy and the mechanics of the other side as much as possible.

I don't read multiple sources because I think most of them are truthful; most are not. I read them to see what OTHER people are reading and being informed by. And it sucks. Try it, knowing that it sucks. You WILL get pissed off.

BUT, you will be able to see what the other side is being fed by their chosen media outlet. That's just as important as being informed, yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: