• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Trump brought back firing squads, the electric chair, and gasing people.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
My statement stands. If you're taking the written word in the Bible literally you're not reading it correctly. Although, this isn't Bible Study. I just wanted to point out that God has been removed from most of the institutions in society and we're seen the result of that - they are all negative. Not obeying the Lord and living a life of sin will lead to misery and death, including being executed by Godless minions.
Don't take it literal just like Humpty Dumpty story or The Three Little Pigs. They all have good morals and there is no giant egg shaped creature. They are not literal.

Do you have any facts that show institutions without religion is negative?

Also which God? There are many God's. Which one is the correct God? Which religion or sect is the correct one to follow? Is it Islam, Jehovah Witness? Catholic?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people do not deserve a humane death. If you caused pain and suffering by breaking the law, you should have to endure the same. Maybe people would stop doing it for fear of the punishment.

gregory-samba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't take it literal just like Humpty Dumpty story or The Three Little Pigs. They all have good morals and there is no giant egg shaped creature. They are not literal.

Do you have any facts that show institutions without religion is negative?

Also which God? There are many God's. Which one is the correct God? Which religion or sect is the correct one to follow? Is it Islam, Jehovah Witness? Catholic?

Godless people do Godless things. If you can't seem to identify the Godlessness in people that run societies institutions then I suggest you read up about what's right and what's wrong (sinning). Once you get a good grasp of what is right or wrong it will be simple to identify all the sinners in the Government. Hint - They outweigh the non-sinners, just like Satan wants.

notimp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Why would Satan want that?

Ps: The answer for any good believer is - you should not guess his motives. Or in the opposite: Gods ways are mysterious. Or maybe you can deduct Satans motives, because he's only a fallen angle that always wants to be "Caliph in the place of the Caliph" (Although he rules over an entirely different realm.)? I'm not so sure on this one. Could you actually give me the answer, and by that I mean - speak with your handler if you are allowed to think about that (according to the current rules), or not?

Last edited by notimp,

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Godless people do Godless things. If you can't seem to identify the Godlessness in people that run societies institutions then I suggest you read up about what's right and what's wrong (sinning). Once you get a good grasp of what is right or wrong it will be simple to identify all the sinners in the Government. Hint - They outweigh the non-sinners, just like Satan wants.
You can't just make claims like that without evidence to back it.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I identify as Atheist yet I follow the 10 Commandments. What does that make me? I also believe in miracles.

Last edited by ccfman2004,

gregory-samba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess I'm going to hell, but I don't believe in such things.

When the time comes your prior acknowledgement of the truth won't be enough reason to keep you out of hell. At least if you're not sinning you won't run into lots of problems that sinning causes in this life, but our life on this Earth is nothing compared to eternity in the heavens. Maybe one day you'll accept God into you heart or not. That choice is up to you and I really don't care if you make it or not.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When the time comes your prior acknowledgement of the truth won't be enough reason to keep you out of hell. At least if you're not sinning you won't run into lots of problems that sinning causes in this life, but our life on this Earth is nothing compared to eternity in the heavens. Maybe one day you'll accept God into you heart or not. That choice is up to you and I really don't care if you make it or not.
People like you are the reason I became Atheist. I got tired of people forcing their various beliefs on me.

Reactions: AmandaRose

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
If you need a god to tell you what's right or wrong because you have no moral compass of your own, I'll laugh at you for saying that retarded shit.

notimp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
If you're taking the written word in the Bible literally you're not reading it correctly.
Good. One step closer to being a constitutionalist. :)

Here is the tradeoff as per constitution. You can believe in whatever to believe in. Your believes are yours. Your church probably gets to tax people (in some form), and or have tax exempt status. At the same time it doesnt intervene in any decisions of structural power whatsoever. Because we know it only has one answer, that answer is dogmatic. That answer is given by people who 'interpret the word of god'. And they are never wrong.

If you dont 'draw' those fangs, as in make it nice and fluffy - it conflicts with everything you know as society these days.

Also - speaking of people who interpret Gods word:

In March 2018, Pope Francis allegedly denied the existence of Hell and the endless suffering of the damned in a private talk with his friend Eugenio Scalfari, a left-wing journalist, who published his account of their conversation in the Italian newspaper La Repubblica. The response to Scalfari’s article was immediate and explosive. How could the pope deny such a fundamental teaching of the Catholic Church? The New Testament is clear on this doctrine. God created Hell for Satan and the rebel angels, but there was plenty of room to torture with fire and brimstone everyone who had rejected Jesus Christ as the Son of God:...
src: https://www.wsj.com/articles/do-we-still-need-to-believe-in-hell-1536850605

So either, the devil doesnt exist. Or the interpreter of God is wrong?

Also - History of art.
https://www.artsy.net/article/artsy-editorial-11-nightmarish-depictions-hell-art-history

So those people, mostly 'live' those visions. So they are possessed? Then why are most of them employed by the former nobility at the time and are painting in churches?

Or in other words, why does the church use their visions to promote christianity?

Last edited by notimp,

notimp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wonder if the accused sentenced to die before jan 20th have dirt on politicians (including trump) as they want them dead for other reason's then actual justice if they die i would really hope the lawyers will obtain a search to look through diaries etc

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
If you're not sinning, which is basically behaving in ways that will be detrimental to your health and well being then you are going to have an easier time in life, but if you don't accept God into your soul as the one and only true Lord you will spend eternity, after this life, in hell.

What I've seen and experienced in life begs to differ. I've also go no desire to play the left's "lets demand links then discredit them due to the source" with you. Without God evil fills the heart of man. Go do your own research if you're that interested in the issue.
I've done enough research on the topic. Politics has nothing to do with religion there's no point in bringing up the left making this a political topic. Your experience is anecdotal. You are committing a logical fallacy not citing your sources. You can't make claims and just go trust me bro it's real. Imagine a researcher not citing sources and just say go look it up. The burden of proof is on you. If you don't cite, then that makes your argument weak.

Stop being so damn weak and site your source. Stop bitching out just because people put your source under scrutiny. If it's a good source it should hold up, if not then it will crumble. This is how debates go, stop bitching out.

I use to be very religious person but not any more. And my heart isn't filled with evil. People irl say i'm a nice person and helpful. I don't cause any trouble. If we are going by anecdotal experience then that completely destroys your anecdotal argument that peoples hearts are filled with evil without religion. I also know many non religious people who aren't evil. And why shouldn't my experience in life not count as much as your experience?

Last edited by SG854,

notimp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Theres even an encyclical on Dante, issued on the 700 anniversary of his death, I just found out. ;) The catholic church surely is thankful to the person who invented the concept of the undying soul. Why he still remains a 'mere poet' in their eyes is a little strange though.. ;) (Can a man possessed by visions of hell and the devil not be a saint? Can you issue an enzyclica about a man so clearly possessed by the devil? In honor of his 700th anniversary?)
https://forums.catholic.com/t/can-a-baby-named-dante-be-baptized/290929/12

I mean he helped them sell so many indulgencies... :) ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indulgence )
----

How do those two things go together?

In the Epistle to Can Grande he thus explains the theme of the _Commedia_: "The subject of the whole work, taken literally, is the state of souls after death, regarded as fact; for the action deals with this, and is about this. But if the work be taken allegorically, its subject is man, in so far as by merit or demerit in the exercise of free will he is exposed to the rewards or punishments of justice." Attending to the letter, we find in the _Commedia_ a vision of that life beyond the tomb, in relation to which alone our life on earth has value. It presents a picture of the everlasting destiny of souls, so firmly apprehended and vividly imagined by the medieval fancy. But since this picture has to set forth mysteries seen and heard by none, the revelation itself, like S. John's Apocalypse, is conveyed in symbols fashioned to adumbrate the truths perceived by faith. The same symbols portray another reality, not apprehended merely by faith, but brought home to the heart by experience. Attending to the allegory, we find in the _Commedia_ a history of the soul in this life--an ethical analysis of sin, purgation and salvation through grace. The poem is a narrative of Dante's journey through the region into which all pass after death; but at the same time it describes the hell and heaven and the transition through repentance from sin to grace, which are the actual conditions of the soul in this life.

It may be observed that Purgatory belongs to the order of things which by their nature pass away; while Hell and Heaven are both eternal. Therefore the _Commedia_, considered as an apocalypse of the undying soul, reveals absolute damnation and absolute salvation, both states being destined to endure so long as God's justice and love exist; but it also reveals a state of purifying pain, which ceases when the men who need it have been numbered. Considered as an allegory of the spiritual life on earth, it describes the process of escape from eternal condemnation through grace into eternal happiness.
The eternal is an allegory of mans life? Both heaven and hell exist as states of bliss and suffering, as long as 'God's justice and love exist'? Life only has meaning in context of eternal damnation, or eternal bliss - after death? Dante could experience Hell "a mystery seen by none", before dying? Just like S. Johns Apocalypse (who was an apostle, and who is a saint), Dantes image of Hell is 'conveyed in symbols fashioned to adumbrate the "truths perceived by faith"'?

The Lombard, or rather the Franco-Italian period is marked by the adoption of a foreign language and foreign fashions. Literature at this stage was exotic and artificial; but the legacy transmitted to the future was of vast importance. On the one side, the courtly rhymers who versified in the Provençal dialect, bequeathed to Sicily and Tuscany the chivalrous lyric of love, which was destined to take its final and fairest form from Dante and Petrarch. On the other hand, the populace who listened to the Song of Roland on the market-place, prepared the necessary conditions for a specific and eminently characteristic product of Italian genius. Without a national epic, the Italians were forced to borrow from the French. But what they borrowed, they transmuted--not merely adding new material, like the tale of Gano's treason and the fiction of Orlando's birth at Sutri, but importing their own spirit, positive, ironical and incredulous, into the substance of the legend.
Dante clearly expected contemporary readers not only to interpret, but to appreciate the shades of greater and lesser nicety in the examples he culled from Roman, Apulian, Florentine and other vernacular literatures. This expectation proves that he felt himself to be dealing with a group of dialects which, taken collectively, formed a common idiom. In these circumstances it was the problem of writers, at the close of the thirteenth century, to construct the ideal vulgar tongue, to discover its capacities for noble utterance, to refine it for artistic usage by the omission of cruder elements existing in each dialect, and to select from those store-houses of living speech the phrases which appeared well suited to graceful utterance. The desideratum, to use Dante's words, was "that illustrious, cardinal, courtly, curial mother-tongue, proper to each Italian State, special to none, whereby the local idioms of every city are to be measured, weighed, and compared."
For an apostle or saint, Dante had quite an understanding about use of popular language and need to construct 'national epic' it seems. ;)

src: http://doctrinepublishing.com/showbook.php?file=52894-0000.txt

edit: Also, if you ever need an example of religious arguing - ending up in "I want to be suffering under a cruel but loving master, until this becomes entirely bliss" and "people having "felt the religious truth through their heart"" - stray no further and read those paragraphs. :)

People living by this doctrine are told that doubting those religious truths is a sign of weakness, and a sin ('Yes, domina!'), and if they ever have doubts, they should consult their 'spiritual guidance officer' who then fills them with grammatical paradoxes ("the love felt only through the heart leads to understanding religious truth" - "Yes, master, now I see!") and everything is fine again.

Its really a foolproof concept. ;)

Also isnt 'imagining what god is like' or god forbid 'depicting the being' a sin? Because it leads to questions - what he is like? But imagining hell, purgatory, and paradise - in the utmost detail, "regarded as fact; for the action deals with this, and is about this." (in Dantes Commedia) is not? That gets you your own catholic encyclical 700 years after your death? Not as an apostle, but as a 'poet'? Huh... better get into that business.

Last edited by notimp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.