Hacking Troubleshooting of dual hard drive problem with USB Loader GX

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bula said:
I tried two HD (both works with 672 and bellow revs.) but I only get a black screen does not matter what game I start. I always deleted my config dir so settings have nothing to do with this. I can not blame GX as for some all revs work. For now back to 672. For me this issue started with 673. One more thing did not make a difference if I booted through HBC or forwarder.

3.2U - cIOS14

rev. 682 fixed my problems. TY

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
giantpune said:
also what might be useful is this dol http://www.mediafire.com/?uoowwwoznzz
just run it and it will search if you cane a config on your sd or usb and delete whats inside them
Cane?

Used the .dol and I get the same black screen.
Also, I got a black screen trying to run it from the hbc inside usbloadergx,
Hbc just did something then returned me to hbc, the config file said "deleted" in it so I assume it did what it was supposed to.

I'm going to try r682 now.

bokbok99

Trophies
XP
Country
•Number of partitions: 2
•What hard drive are you using? WD Elements 1 TB
•The first GX Revision where the problem occurs: (674)
•cIOS Rev: (14)
•System Menu Version: (4.1E)
•Region: (PALJ)
•Preloader Installed? (N)
•SD or SDHC Card? (SDHC)
•Used GX on SD)
Additional questions:
•Have you tried turning off Ocarina Yes?
•Have you tried resetting the config files Yes?
•Have you tried making all your partitions primary Yes?
•Have you tried using a previous cIOS rev No?
•Do newer revisions work for you if you force cIOS selection by having the USB disconnected when starting GX, then plugging the cord in and selecting cIOS?

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bula said:
bula said:
I tried two HD (both works with 672 and bellow revs.) but I only get a black screen does not matter what game I start. I always deleted my config dir so settings have nothing to do with this. I can not blame GX as for some all revs work. For now back to 672. For me this issue started with 673. One more thing did not make a difference if I booted through HBC or forwarder.

3.2U - cIOS14

rev. 682 fixed my problems. TY

Excellent news. Glad its fixed for someone. Suggest others try this revision to see if it corrects your problems.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Revision 682 works perfectly for me, thanks mr.pune.
smile.gif

the_rhino_uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Am I right to assume that you get the latest revisions when you update in the USB Loader GX settings?

That's what I did last night which is why I think I am now on Revision 682 and still having problems.

Or do you have to manually download and install the revisions?

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
the_rhino_uk said:
Am I right to assume that you get the latest revisions when you update in the USB Loader GX settings?

That's what I did last night which is why I think I am now on Revision 682 and still having problems.

You should download it from http://www.4shared.com/file/121891497/369cb9d5/r682.html
680 was the rev. I saw when I went to update before downloading it from that thread.
They're on 684 now though, so maybe.
Just checked and there's no update past 682 anyway, dunno about starting from older rev's.

the_rhino_uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nollog said:
the_rhino_uk said:

You should download it from http://www.4shared.com/file/121891497/369cb9d5/r682.html
680 was the rev. I saw when I went to update before downloading it from that thread.
They're on 684 now though, so maybe.

But when you updated via USB loader (download over wifi) it 'should' be the latest revision right? How do you find out what ver you are on now, can you look it up in the settings somewhere?

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Go to Setting, credits in the top right corner.

It's not always the newest version on the update site, or so I read somewhere...

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
riddle43 said:
ok i just put in the 682 doll and im back baby all works
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

thanks logan you did it
moogle.gif
moogle.gif

Not me mate, I just compiled the source, its Giantpune you guys need to thank
wink.gif

Posts merged

QUOTE(the_rhino_uk @ Jul 31 2009, 02:04 PM) But when you updated via USB loader (download over wifi) it 'should' be the latest revision right?

Nope. All depends when the devs put it on the server. Might not always be latest source compile.

Hrugnir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, updated the main post. Revision 682 works flawlessly for me (in terms of game loading)... Now it's just a matter of getting the homebrew loading to work XD

Four_X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
woooooo hoooooo just updated to rev684 alls working fantastic with my 2 partitions
and Ocarina works 2 (let's hope it doesn't break again)
blink.gif

sl33p

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me guess: We needed 1.21 Jiggawatts of power to initialize iso loading but due to a decimal place error we were only getting .121. That was enough to get the loader going but we kept getting stuck in time warps. What a noob error
biggrin.gif

But glad it's all sorted out. GX is too great for it not to work.
smile.gif

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to r686 and games are now loading fine.

The only issue is that Ocarina functionality seems to be bugged. The first time I tried to enable it for a game it told me it couldn't find the code file, so I downloaded one. Now whenever I click the Ocarina button it code dumps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei5hC8ahLoc