Hacking WIP [Trinket] [Rebug] [Others] SWITCHBOOT_UF2 / FUSEE_UF2 modchip software

Dougiejones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What problem are you having Dougie?

It seems like a bad new Simple_V0.9.8.UF2 bad flash...Like nothing was upgraded...
But i can't be. Don't waste your time with me it's sure i missed something...I mean some Led's understanding/behaviour....
But it flashing so fast...

Last edited by Dougiejones,

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It seems like a bad new Simple_V0.9.8.UF2 bad flash...Like nothing was upgraded...
But i can't be. Don't waste your time with me it's sure i missed something...I mean some Led's understanding/behaviour....
But it flashing so fast...

Just boot your switch while holding vol- (have a payload called "payload.bin" on SD root)

If you go to hekate menu, it will tell you version you are on. Make sure you have downloaded the 512kb file. It must be 512kb

Dougiejones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just boot your switch while holding vol- (have a payload called "payload.bin" on SD root)

Yeap pal. But that's not the problem as i mentionned upon this works.
For the file size still verified and it matches.

My problem with V0.9.8 is that the Mode's changing doesn't match the New Flowchart Led's Colour (behaviour)....
While the Payload's change seems to be ok.

Don't take care of my little pb. I'll figure it out. If not i'll post ;)

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeap pal. But that's not the problem as i mentionned upon this works.
For the file size still verified and it matches.

My problem with V0.9.8 is that the Mode's changing doesn't match the New Flowchart Led's Colour (behaviour)....
While the Payload's change seems to be ok.

Don't take care of my little pb. I'll figure it out. If not i'll post ;)
OK... What chip are you using dougie?

Dougiejones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably you have payload.bin as memloader

I have so many but the sames lol. Seriously have you got an idea whom singles till 8 i could catch to make some tests ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Forgive me for all the dumb questions but i'm a noob to the Switch scene

What is sure is that Kids won't be ready to play with the Switch for now on as Dady is playing with UF2.
Anyway the Kids aren't alright, aren't they ? :rofl2:

Reactions: mattytrog

Dougiejones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I'm now in Mode 3 (ArgonNX) despite not led's blinking colors matched. I choose Power Off. After i power on while Vol- pressed and still Argon menu showing upp. No Hekate....

" Probably you have payload.bin as memloader "

No sir. Not named as so. For tests i only have payloads numbered : payload1, payload2,and so on...

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok. I'm now in Mode 3 (ArgonNX) despite not led's blinking colors matched. I choose Power Off. After i power on while Vol- pressed and still Argon menu showing upp. No Hekate....

" Probably you have payload.bin as memloader "

No sir. Not named as so. For tests i only have payloads numbered : payload1, payload2,and so on...
OK... You are using a trinket.

Sure you are using TRINKET/REBUG?

Are you seeing a blue LED when you press vol+? You should see blue, then white blink, then red, white blink, then green, white blink, finally white and a long long blink

OK... You are using a trinket.

Are you seeing a blue LED when you press vol+? You should see blue, then white blink, then red, white blink, then green, white blink, finally white and a long long blink
Dougie... If all else fails, hold down vol+ for 9 seconds. This will reset the chips settings.

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In other news...

Just made a "pull request". First one ever. No bloodt idea if I`ve done it right or not. Things are rather different! :Puzzled

Dougiejones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Oh yes i'm sure.

Now i see the correct blinking order yesterday not. It seemed the Trinket needed a full reset after UF2 flash by my side...But the problem remains i still can't choose/change payload with Vol+. There is not the counter's payload blink. And the console can't power off. It always reboots onto ArgonNX. No matter which payload manually chosen from ArgonNX menu.

Ah and i forgot to say that i can't boot into Hekate with Vol-/power anymore.

EDIT : Ok. Back to mode 1. Everything works as expected. Counter's payload blink is back. Power Off too. Vol-/power Hekate too.
So the problem is with the Mode 3 : ArgonNX. It's very persistent. On it you can't change payload with Vol+/Long press. Only manually.

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh yes i'm sure.

Now i see the correct blinking order yesterday not. It seemed the Trinket needed a full reset after UF2 flash by my side...But the problem remains i still can't choose/change payload with Vol+. There is not the counter's payload blink. And the console can't not power off. It always reboots onto ArgonNX. No matter which payload manually chosen from ArgonNX menu.

Ah and i forgot to say that i can't boot into Hekate with Vol-/power anymore.

EDIT : Ok. Back to mode 1. Everything works as expected. Counter's payload blink is back. Power Off too. Vol-/power Hekate too.
So the problem is with the Mode 3 : ArgonNX. It's very persistent. On it you can't change payload with Vol+/Long press. Only manually.
I know. ArgonNX is only 1 payload. I left it like that as I figured if people want to choose payload1.bin or payload2.bin or whatever, they would prefer to do it from ArgonNX menu.

I can make it autochainload like mode 1 etc if you like.

Don`t forget a 9 second press resets nearly all values (apart from usb strap)... 12 seconds resets usb strap detection. So its better to keep it plugged in to USB during detection!

Reactions: Dougiejones

Dougiejones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait plz...I've done many tests...and sh...too i've corrupted the payload's icons in ArgonNX lol
Listen please. I don't understand what happened...but now everythings working EXCEPT the Power Off from SX OS Horizon payload.
It always reboot to ArgonNX in Mode 3 (after a while).

I'm quite sure i pressed vol+ too long at the 6 seconds (rapid white blink) for Modes blinked out.

I know. ArgonNX is only 1 payload. I left it like that as I figured if people want to choose payload1.bin or payload2.bin or whatever, they would prefer to do it from ArgonNX menu. I can make it autochainload like mode 1 etc if you like.

No it's cool like this thank you.

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bugfix release coming Dougie.

I fucked up 0.9.8. Forgot to launch Hekate menu upon not finding payload.bin.

Removing it.

Gismor

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ArgonNX works only when i have Vol + Strap connected?
or can i use it when i have only the joy con strap connected?

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ArgonNX works only when i have Vol + Strap connected?
or can i use it when i have only the joy con strap connected?
At the moment, only when vol pressed. You can hex edit it though.

I`ve been thinking of being able to use a jig to change modes for people who don`t have it fitted.

What chip are you using?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto