Hacking WIP [Trinket] [Rebug] [Others] SWITCHBOOT_UF2 / FUSEE_UF2 modchip software

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK... At some point today... Maybe tonight once I`ve tidied this wrecked-by-my-4-year-old house...

Changelog 0.9.8

• Initial DragonInjector support for forthcoming DragonInjector dongle

• 5 modes to choose from now...
  • MODE 1: 3 payloads
  • MODE 2: 8 payloads
  • MODE 3: ArgonNX
  • MODE 4: 3 payloads autoincreasing on modchip reboot (and no payload sent. If successfully sent, stays the same) - (for autoRCM users who DONT have vol+ strap fitted)
  • MODE 5: 8 payloads autoincreasing on modchip reboot (and no payload sent. If successfully sent, stays the same) - (for autoRCM users who DONT have vol+ strap fitted)

• Quick backup files (BOOT0/1/PRODINFO) now saved to /backups/Emergency_Emmc_Fix
  • -Restores from same folder for convenience

• Added 1 second timeout to stop payload.bin or payload<number>.bin autochainloading
  • -Press power and vol- to go to menu from cold boot.

• Added initial ArgonNX support. Graphics files to go into bootloader/gfx (use example gfx folder below
  • -Built using 0.2 version as 0.3 has framebuffer problems
  • -Under modchip Mode 3

Last edited by mattytrog,
Reactions: Dougiejones

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@mattytrog
What version of the SAMD board library is this compiled against?

Edit: Nevermind, I found that the problem was the Arduino SAMD library needed to be supplemented by the Adafruit SAMD library. :rolleyes:

Last edited by cracker,
Reactions: mattytrog

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Longpressvol.jpg

Hope this is easy to understand. Tidied code up a bit in 0.9.8.

Coming!

Soon (tm)

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
triple post again...

0.9.8 online. Bare in mind ArgonNX is at a very early state.

Looking at fixing framebuffer on it. There is a 0.3 but the framebuffer switching just doesn`t seem to work.

Will push a 0.9.8.1 or something when I looked at it.

Last edited by mattytrog,
Reactions: SaUzEr

methamz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont understand SWITCHBOOT part actually. I flashed a chip with Openocd and when I connect it to PC it says TRINKETBOOT and I can see CURRENT.UF2 file. What should I do after that? When I drag TRINKET_GENERIC_DONGLE_SIMPLE_UF2 the window dissappears right after copying is done. It means Im done? Its not a modchip btw. Im working on a external one.

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I dont understand SWITCHBOOT part actually. I flashed a chip with Openocd and when I connect it to PC it says TRINKETBOOT and I can see CURRENT.UF2 file. What should I do after that? When I drag TRINKET_GENERIC_DONGLE_SIMPLE_UF2 the window dissappears right after copying is done. It means Im done? Its not a modchip btw. Im working on a external one.
Yeah switchboot is for internal fitted chips only. It controls the straps. But because you don`t have any straps, it doesn`t apply to you.

Reactions: methamz

Dougiejones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi @mattytrog :)

just two questions if you plz. On your git what is " Simple-UF2_Universal_Hekate46_V098.bin " ?

and you wrote :

-Press power and vol- to go to menu from cold boot.

Which menu are you talking about plz ? is it payloads/modes changing when the switch is off ? is that right ?

THX

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @mattytrog :)

just two questions if you plz. On your git what is " Simple-UF2_Universal_Hekate46_V098.bin " ?

and you wrote :

Which menu are you talking about plz ? is it payloads/modes changing when the switch is off ? is that right ?

THX
No... If you have payload.bin, it normally boots straight away...

However, now, with the console off, hold down vol- and press power. Should take you to hekate menu without renaming or deleting payload.bin

Thats all.

And the universal one is just Hekate with my modifications in it which can be used on a PC or phone or NS-Atmosphere dongle.

Thats all.

Reactions: Dougiejones

Dougiejones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In testing now Simple_UF2. v0.9.8 and listening the Trinket's whistle (at least for a while) in bootloader mode love it :lol:
Gonna duplicate the payloads to increase til 8 cause i've got no idea where to find so much different's one lol (yet...)
Feedback asap....Damned always disturbed when that's not the moment...

EDIT 1 : Something going wrong with V0.9.8 for me...or maybe it's me for sure lol
Can't change Trinket'smode....but wait plz....zzzz

EDIT 2 : " However, now, with the console off, hold down vol- and press power. Should take you to hekate menu without renaming or deleting payload.bin "
It works (with µSD in) and displaying Mode number and Payload number. Great help btw :)

Last edited by Dougiejones,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto