Hacking WIP [Trinket] [Rebug] [Others] SWITCHBOOT_UF2 / FUSEE_UF2 modchip software

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
:gun:Double-post again...

Uploaded my small hekate mods on my git.

Only just realised I`d forgotten :(

PSxed

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh a lot of updates i see and another strap. Gonna test it out tonight. Not sure if i need it since everything is working fine as it is.

Last edited by PSxed,
Reactions: mattytrog

Dougiejones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of people (who have been here since Switchhacks day 1) think this Simple-UF2 is a pointless exercise.

No Simple-UF2 isn't pointless. It's very useful and fantastic !
Somes said setting up a "modchip" into the Switch is useless too lol Don't listen to them :toot:

I agree there is little need for the mode function if all straps are fitted. Wondering what else I can add...

What i think is :

• you should not add anything else to release Simple-1.0.0.UF2. On the contrary you should simplify a lot as the Long-press vol+ replace the need to push the f..ing damned tact-switch and twist back cover to change payloads...
  • remove mode function. Only a single mode whom manages until 8 payloads
  • remove payload's counter increase function. Once Switch booted chose another paylod with Long-press vol+ and Led's blinks. Power off or Reboot. Done.
  • Naturally keep the "Quick" backup function in Hekate
Cheers

Last edited by Dougiejones,

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone happen to have samd-1.6.19.tar.bz2? Arduino's server is having problems with downloads.

Edit: Got it. The server doesn't like VPN apparently.

Last edited by cracker,

TehCheez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Needing a bit of guidance here.

I have an Adafruit Trinket M0. I've already flashed SWITCHBOOT_TRINKET_JOYCON_VOLUME.uf2 to it and that worked, but I'm a bit confused on which Simple UF2 to pick from here: https://github.com/mattytrog/Simple-UF2/tree/master/SIMPLE-UF2_v097/UF2

I know it's not the legacy 3 or method 3, so would it be the REBUG or the generic dongle? I will be installing this M0 internally.

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Needing a bit of guidance here.

I have an Adafruit Trinket M0. I've already flashed SWITCHBOOT_TRINKET_JOYCON_VOLUME.uf2 to it and that worked, but I'm a bit confused on which Simple UF2 to pick from here: https://github.com/mattytrog/Simple-UF2/tree/master/SIMPLE-UF2_v097/UF2

I know it's not the legacy 3 or method 3, so would it be the REBUG or the generic dongle? I will be installing this M0 internally.
If you have already flashed, you don`t need to flash again.

But it will be TRINKET/REBUG if fitting internally

Reactions: TehCheez

TehCheez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have already flashed, you don`t need to flash again.

But it will be TRINKET/REBUG if fitting internally

Thanks! After reading your tutorial I was under the impression I would need to flash the SWITCHBOOT file and then the Simple UF2 file. Do I only need to flash the SWITCHBOOT file if I'm installing internally?

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks! After reading your tutorial I was under the impression I would need to flash the SWITCHBOOT file and then the Simple UF2 file. Do I only need to flash the SWITCHBOOT file if I'm installing internally?
Yes. SWITCHBOOT is a bootloader. Completely separate from other UF2 sofftware, despite it being a UF2 itself.

Choose your SWITCHBOOT, flash it and forget it. Then you can flash whatever "payload pusher" UF2 you like.

TehCheez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. SWITCHBOOT is a bootloader. Completely separate from other UF2 sofftware, despite it being a UF2 itself.

Choose your SWITCHBOOT, flash it and forget it. Then you can flash whatever "payload pusher" UF2 you like.

So would "TRINKET_REBUG_SIMPLE_UF2_V097.UF2" be the payload pusher? I've read over your tutorial multiple times and I feel like something is just flying over my head. In my head these are the steps:

1. Flash SWITCHBOOT file SWITCHBOOT_TRINKET_JOYCON_VOLUME.uf2 for joycon + volume. This is the bootloader
2. Flash TRINKET_REBUG_SIMPLE_UF2_V097.UF2. This is the payload pusher.
3. Prep Trinket and install in Switch

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So would "TRINKET_REBUG_SIMPLE_UF2_V097.UF2" be the payload pusher? I've read over your tutorial multiple times and I feel like something is just flying over my head. In my head these are the steps:

1. Flash SWITCHBOOT file SWITCHBOOT_TRINKET_JOYCON_VOLUME.uf2 for joycon + volume. This is the bootloader
2. Flash TRINKET_REBUG_SIMPLE_UF2_V097.UF2. This is the payload pusher.
3. Prep Trinket and install in Switch
Absolutely correct.

Reactions: TehCheez

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It reboots from sxos menu too.

Dual boot mode.
Dual boot mode?

That has to be due to the MAX77620 state that is being set. Are you running emunand? It will not be due to the chip at all as only one strap is being activated in dual boot mode. It is essentially a stock console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto