Hacking triiforce mrc

virus2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rolleyes.gif
Hi everybody, I just wanna know if is possible to change theme of Triiforce, putting the images in some folder, Triiforce is made it of 12 PNG's, I want edit the images and make something nicer, like wii menu, or other themes.
These are the images
1zl9btc.jpg

This is the Background.png
orlatz.png

I know that it's possible, If someone knows how to do it, or that brilliant coders make it possible I'll
yaywii.gif

please don't mention ISO Fowarders for USB Loader
261kbhe.jpg

I were working on this for an example
dvhegw.jpg

What do you think guys? ^
I appreciate your replies

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
virus2k you can change the [istures.

You will need to get devkit and the source. It's been a while form I looked at it myself, but it *should* just be a matter of swaping the current pictures for the ones you want. If you name them identical then you can just compile it with devkit and you'll have your new background, which I think like looks really cool
wink.gif

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Also, inside the triiforce source code you will see some constants like COLUMNS, ROWS, SEPARATION, etc. Changing these will allow you to add more columns or edit where they start, etc.

Triiforce mrc uses a very old graphical engine, so it doesn't support wiimote IR pointer, so forget about the Wii and MENU buttons on the bottom. If you want to add these buttons you will have to modify almost all the code.

virus2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slimm I was thinking on that, but I didn't dowload devkit (first: I didn't find it) second: because I'm inexpert in coding,compile stuff, for that reason I was looking for a easiest method like theme folder, but it seems that this is the only method. if you know, and you can show me a little how to do it you will the best
yaywii.gif
I'm afraid to do a bad compile or something, then run the app and brick the wii
hate2.gif

Can I extract or something the files of Triiforce.dol and then merge again? is that compile?
I have Triiforce Mrc SS I want to edit that because that version mod is capable to run all from USB
thanks slimm

marc_max If you know how to edit all that stuff let me know to.
About the GUI, I know that is so simple, the support of wiimote IR and the buttons would be nice but I know that is EXTRA expert work
lecture.gif
, I put the buttons for design only to be like wii menu & usb loader GX, thanks.

Sinyk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you were to just upload your images in place of the ones that exist already and then recompile, all of the text that appears on triiforce when it loads or gives you menus would go right over your fancy triiforce logo at the bottom, so you may want to account for that somehow. The text could probably be moved to one side or the other. You could also make the triiforce mrc menu options a little more fancy (the Home, Sort, Console buttons) as they are just text.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I think it looks great... but when/if the gui is ever redesigned I don't know if it will still 'fit'

personally i like the look of the list of games on the one side, and the other side of the screen showing the cover of the selected game (this is how marc's first triiforce gui was)

virus2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sinik & xfalk40 I know all that, that pic is for reference, Inmediately somebody tell me how to replace the images or easy way to edit text, I will do the changes, thanks guys
2m4otqa.jpg
skxs15.jpg

rolleyes.gif
something simple like that, thanks

Sinyk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I get some time (moving when I'm not working) I will take a look. I like the idea and could probably come up with something that would fit (ps. can you make a version with the triiforce logo having MRC SS on it?
yaywii.gif

kallstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks similar to what i've been fiddling with the past few days heh. I made a modded version to use my dvd-style icon pack. I was going to play around a bit more with the background but its not too bad. If you guys want i can make both the (original) 9icon and 12icon layout later. Assuming that the 12icon layout requires different pics it too will be in its own folder inside the triiforce_mrc icon folder to co-exist with other layouts/icon dimensions.

Quick interface mod of TriiForce MRC SS

-changed console color to black
-changed layout and dimensions of pics
-changed load path of images to usb/triiforce_mrc/112x175

*best viewed on a 16x9 TV, but looks ok on fullscreen

This version uses dvd-style icons and loads them from
usb:/triiforce_mrc/112x175/

This can coexist with your current TriiForce mrc, so DO NOT overwrite your other icons. Simply place the new ones into the folder inside a 112x175 folder.

This is a USB ONLY version of TriiForce. It will only load images and nand from USB!

Kallstar

TriiForce MRC SS 16x9 DVD-Cover style Kallstar.rar (7.15mb - includes 177 WiiWare covers)

Excuse the preview image quality.
TriiForceMRCSS16x9Kallstar.jpg

wii-tom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sinyk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you were trying to build based off of the source file I provided a bunch of posts back, it should complain because I believe the original MRC source is in there as well (by request) so you would have to take it out.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks good kallstar im glad its a USB only version that works great for me, but is there anywhere else to get some more DVD style pics like you have, perhaps for the VC as well

BiPoLaR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help. Once upon a time I had this working great, then somehow my sd card got corrupted. So I had to start over a little. I'm using SFSD to dump my nand to USB, and I've tried both wad manager 1.5 and multimod v3b to install wads to usb nand (which I've done in the past), but I keep getting an error -1017. Can someone please tell me WTF! is going on? thanks
hate2.gif

virus2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kallstar said:
This looks similar to what i've been fiddling with the past few days heh. I made a modded version to use my dvd-style icon pack. I was going to play around a bit more with the background but its not too bad. If you guys want i can make both the (original) 9icon and 12icon layout later. Assuming that the 12icon layout requires different pics it too will be in its own folder inside the triiforce_mrc icon folder to co-exist with other layouts/icon dimensions.

Quick interface mod of TriiForce MRC SS

-changed console color to black
-changed layout and dimensions of pics
-changed load path of images to usb/triiforce_mrc/112x175

*best viewed on a 16x9 TV, but looks ok on fullscreen

This version uses dvd-style icons and loads them from
usb:/triiforce_mrc/112x175/

This can coexist with your current TriiForce mrc, so DO NOT overwrite your other icons. Simply place the new ones into the folder inside a 112x175 folder.

This is a USB ONLY version of TriiForce. It will only load images and nand from USB!

Kallstar

TriiForce MRC SS 16x9 DVD-Cover style Kallstar.rar (7.15mb - includes 177 WiiWare covers)

Excuse the preview image quality.
TriiForceMRCSS16x9Kallstar.jpg
yaywii.gif
NICE NICE WORK Kallstar, Thanks That's what i'm talking about, That is perfect for Wiiware your covers looks NICE,
but if you have a free time, can you do 12 or 9 wide icon layout for people that uses triiforce for VC to, but not too wide like original triiforce mrc images because in a widescreen looks soo wide, maybe 158x112 icons, something like this:
1z3qixw.jpg

virus2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii-tom said:
had the same issue on the SS version... If you delete the build directory... dev will re-build all the files needed including the .d file which have the the embeded extra src/wii/ crap... that should work for you
You're the man
lecture.gif
I delete the build folder and Walazz! do the trick, Thanks!

kallstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Original 9 Icon skin mod is done, and the 12 icon layout/skin mod is also done
smile.gif

These are all USB ONLY versions. I might compile SD only versions tomorrow in the meantime, im including the images and changes i've made to the TriiForce MRC SS Source. So anyone can feel free to compile their own versions should you wish to use these layouts.

Enjoy, and a HUGE thanks to Marc, Sinyk, Smyers75, The Lemon Man, Nicksasa, WiiPower and everyone else who make all this awesomeness possible!
yaywii.gif

TriiForce MRC SS 12 Icon Mod Kallstar (14MB with 542 properly sized covers)

This version uses 140x112 icons and loads them from
usb/triiforce_mrc/140x112/

This can coexist with your current TriiForce mrc, so DO NOT overwrite your other icons. Simply place the new ones into the folder inside a 140x112 folder.
TriiForceMRCSS12IconKallstar.jpg

TriiForce MRC SS Original 9icon Skin Change Kallstar (268KB)
TriiForceMRCSSOriginal9IconLayoutKa.jpg

TriiForce MRC SS Source + Kallstar changes (1.6MB)

Mirrors

emg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kallstar said:
Hi guys,

The old forwarders are now history. I created a new complete NTSC-U Forwarder set that should now work in USB Loader GX as well. These forwarders are 2stage forwarders. The iso will load a dol file in usb/Forwarder/Wiiware/xxxx.dol which will then load the wiiware title. These are the more advanced forwarders that should hopefully be future proof incase major changes are made to triiforce.
Hi Kallstar,

Thanks for taking the time to re-create all of these forwarders to work with cios38 r17. Everything that I've tested seems to work great so far.

Just a couple notes about your packs:

* Title WBYE00 (Strong Bad Episode 2) has two iso's in the dir. Not sure if this was intentional or if you forgot to remove one. I'm assuming the one with the later date is the correct one?

- Strong Bad Episode 2 NTSC-U WBYE00.iso - 1/16/2010
- WBYE00.iso - 1/18/2010

* The following two titles showed up strange/non-standard in WBFS Manager:

- waddir/MyAquariumUR.08072
- DlcGSAppMaster.0912031428

I renamed the first one to WW-My Aquarium, but could not figure out exactly what the second one was supposed to be?

* I like the idea of the WW- format to keep all the WiiWare games organized at the very end, but this doesn't quite get them to the end of the list. I'm not sure what other naming convention would make sense, and I'm not even sure it's a problem worth trying to solve. But the following are NTSC titles that alphabetically fall after WW- :

WWE SmackDown vs Raw 2010
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008
WWII Aces
X-Men Origins Wolverine
Yamaha Supercross
Yoga The First 100 Percent Experience
Your Shape Featuring Jenny McCarthy with Motion Tracking Camera
YuGiOh Wheelie Breaker
Zack and Wiki Quest for Barbaros Treasure
Zoo Hospital

Thanks for all of your hard work!

grant666uk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would realy love to set this up on my Wii using my 2 gig sd card. Does anyone have a link to a "easy" guide for this. Started using one on this site but it seemed harder than modding the console itself.

Thanks for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: