Not open for further replies.

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone give me a hex editor that shows japaise cos i want to translate a game.

im using XVI32 but it not surport japanise

i want to translate Metal Fight Beyblade Choujou Kessen Big Bang Bladers but i need help. ive never done this before an want people to help me.

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, does your computer have the East Asian Language files installed? And I sometimes use MadEdit to edit the Japanese text.

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but I am being bogged down with a lot of things already
frown.gif
I don't think I can fit in any more projects at the moment.

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
no i want to translate Metal Fight Beyblade Choujou Kessen Big Bang Bladers but i need help. ive never done this before an want people to help me.

i wanted to edit the sdat file but it dont matter

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is what the link Rydian gave basically said:
Leland Davis said:
I have read in several places that the "full" language packs are only available for Win7 Ultimate, but I have not found anything about what level of East Asian language support is available in other versions of Win7. I don't need or want to change my menus or interface into Japanese, but I do need to be able to read Japanese web sites and to type in Japanese. I can do this just fine with XP Pro and Vista Home Basic, and am rather worried that this rather basic and vital functionality is only available on the incredibly expensive Windows Ultimate.
Answer to above quote:
Mark L. FergusonNo problem. The Region and Language app in Control Panel of Home or Pro will have what you want.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You need to find a Hex Editor that supports Shift-JIS or Unicode or specific Language Encodings.
Two I've used are HexEditor Neo and 010 Editor, both are not free.
If you just need a Hex Editor that can display Japanese, the Standard Edition of Hex Editor Neo is the cheapest at $24.99.

If you come across a free one, I'd be interested in knowing.
I use HxD most of the time, but it doesn't support language encodings.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cooleo said:
Can anyone give me a hex editor that shows japaise cos i want to translate a game.

im using XVI32 but it not surport japanise

i want to translate Metal Fight Beyblade Choujou Kessen Big Bang Bladers but i need help. ive never done this before an want people to help me.

As I told you in the other thread you made, you have to learn romhacking. Brushing up your grammar couldn't hurt either.
sentences liek this will not look well in a "japanise" game. But... How can you know Japanese if you can't spell the word right? :wtf:

I use Crystal Tile 2, Windhex and two others, but mainly CT2. MadEdit's pretty good, though.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spenstar said:
The bane of translating Japanese. >_>

He spelled Japanese as japais and japanise...
I don't think he really knows the language.

In the other thread he made, he stated he didn't even know romhacking or how to find the text files for the game.

EDIT: Okay, so after a little research I have to ask... For someone who knows Japanese, why would they need a Pokemon Translation? :wtf:

Eeeeh?
Meeeeeh?

Please be more serious and a bit more dedicated. If you ever want to have a translation team, being honest is the first step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-