Hacking ROM Hack Translation Need help to translate a DS game

Kenta61

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I want to translate a DS game. There is already a translation thread for the game, but no further work is being done. I didn't want to create a new thread but just get ahead and open a new one when I made progress. That's also the reason why I don't mention the name of the game. Now to the problem: all files are in .bin and it is not easy to translate. An examble of where I'm stuck is the story files. After decompressing, there are 603 files. The first two, that is, 0 and 1 have no text. First text is in script data 2, the third file. I figured out how to change the length of the text and it work fine. But the problem is the game crash when it is loading sript 3 no matter what I do. The pointer after compressing the script data back are correct. I don't know where the problem is. Maybe someone who knows about hacking can write me a pm and help me.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    16.6 KB · Views: 61

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to translate a DS game. There is already a translation thread for the game, but no further work is being done. I didn't want to create a new thread but just get ahead and open a new one when I made progress. That's also the reason why I don't mention the name of the game.
Yeah, no, this makes no sense. No one is going to help you (or even particularly can help you) if you don't SAY WHAT YOU ARE WORKING ON.

There's certainly no point in trying to keep it secret when it's bloody obvious from your post history that it's DRAGLADE 2.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/draglade-2-translation-2021.593732/#post-9888957

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative