AlphaLeonidasMS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1687991729141.png

The context basically is: I was playing Metal Fight Beyblade - Bakushin Susanow Shuurai! wich is the third title of the franchise for Nintendo DS, attempting to unlock all Bey Parts in the game, as there is no cheat or 100% save to unlock all parts.

Then i've found a big problem, these three boys are (from left to right) Sol Blaze V145AS, Dark Poseidon 145WD and Big Mac 320YEN. When i've saw that image i'd really wanted the first two in my game. The problem is that these guys could only be unlocked with Nintendo Zone in a specific date. And i do really doubt that there will be a emulation of Nintendo Zone avaliable on the future, so unless someone makes a All Parts Cheat or 100% Save i will never accomplish my goal of unlocking all parts.

The previous game called Metal Fight Beyblade - Bakutan! Cyber Pegasis had the same problem wich to unlock B-Killer and his Beyblade named Devil Serpenter H145FS you had to connect to Metal Fight Beyblade - Gachinko Stadium, which is a Nintendo Wii game.

What Hudson had on mind, this is just a children's game.

Someone need to help me so i don't have to play Pokémon instead (i hate that goofy portable creatues).

Last edited by AlphaLeonidasMS,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are two approaches the devs could have used.

1) The data is already in the game (on disc DLC being popular at the time) and unlocked accordingly.

2) The data was indeed transmitted from an online service and no longer is available. Rare on the DS but was a thing that was seen in various capacities.

For 1 then you might start by making cheats for specific beyblades if that is a thing (don't know whether this is more of an infinite potions type of cheat or play as boss type of cheat), possibly comparing save files before and after. Once you have existing ones in the game you can go outside the numbers there and see what the others yield.

For 2 then assuming someone out there is not able to dump a save with them on we can remake as a save editor (or maybe in game) you would want to figure out the stats they have and fill in the blanks where not.

AlphaLeonidasMS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There are two approaches the devs could have used.

1) The data is already in the game (on disc DLC being popular at the time) and unlocked accordingly.

2) The data was indeed transmitted from an online service and no longer is available. Rare on the DS but was a thing that was seen in various capacities.

For 1 then you might start by making cheats for specific beyblades if that is a thing (don't know whether this is more of an infinite potions type of cheat or play as boss type of cheat), possibly comparing save files before and after. Once you have existing ones in the game you can go outside the numbers there and see what the others yield.

For 2 then assuming someone out there is not able to dump a save with them on we can remake as a save editor (or maybe in game) you would want to figure out the stats they have and fill in the blanks where not.
The link you have sent to me, can i make cheat code request with it? interesting. But wich is the best cheat making tutorial you recommend to me?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That is not my link. The forum auto links certain key words.
For cheat making I usually link up
https://web.archive.org/web/20080309104350/http://etk.scener.org/?op=tutorial
and
https://doc.kodewerx.org/hacking_nds.html (if that is down then future forum searchers would do well to search enhacklodedia as it is copied many places)

I did witter a bit about them https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-create-a-cheat-code.635276/#post-10191991 and the hacking tutorial in my signature https://gbatemp.net/threads/gbatemp-rom-hacking-documentation-project-new-2016-edition-out.73394/ might contain something of interest here (if you wanted to do a full hack to see how it decodes new beyblades that would tell you which type you are dealing with in a hurry).

As above if it is within the game already (likely if others would have to play against it, though you could transmit the relevant details as part of a normal link play) then your approach would either be something akin to making an infinite potions cheat, or perhaps a play as boss cheat.

Infinite potions is a standard intro to cheat making. You start with a bunch of potions, or a bunch of money in a shop I guess, and use or buy them one at a time (if in a shop you might have to exit out to make it write it if you can undo your sales/have to confirm a deal) using the cheat search tool to scan for changes. Eventually other things happening in the background should filter out and you should end up with a number that corresponds to potions in your inventory.
One of three setups, though in most cases the first two, happens then
1) The memory locations themselves correspond to how many items you have. Next location over might then be the next kind of potion, next location a even better potion...
2) The memory locations contain an identifier and an amount value. You then fiddle with the identifiers (and amounts) to see what other numbers there bring. If 1 through 17 is the normal range for normal gameplay then other things (or bosses) might be 18,19 and 1A (hexadecimal in ROMs after all) but it could also be the end of the range, or random numbers within it. Next and last numbers being my first choice for a test but if you have to test them all then so it goes.
3) Full on custom details for the item. Usually seen more in big modern RPGs with lots of loot and options for it (stats, resistances/bonuses to elements, name, picture maybe, associated fluff text...) but I could see it for a beyblade in some senses as it is a group of custom things that may grow (or at least the monster within, can't remember the name gains levels). This would also be the case if it truly was downloaded custom from the servers and is not within the normal game.

There are certain things to look for to tell whether a game uses 1, 2 or 3 above before you go in for it but realistically at this point it does not matter. Sometimes 1 and 2 co exist with 1 being key items and 2 being inventory fodder you can buy-sell.

Equally do find the simple items -- no cheat maker does the epic 20 hour sidequest to get one final end game weapon (maybe only one appearing in the whole game with no option for more) when the first shop will sell you as many starting daggers or whatever as you like (you are a cheat maker so give yourself infinite gold) and then move sideways.

AlphaLeonidasMS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Honestly i do think that they're already in the game because those beyblades were unlocked via DS Download Play on Nintendo Zone, and the same feature is used in the game to connect with Bakutan! Cyber Pegasis to unlock the beyblades from previous game. Maybe i should try create a new save and test it by unlocking new parts and using that information to unlock all of once.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hey guyz