Transfer emuNAND to another SD card. Working on New3DS!

EDIT: The emuNAND Tool has been updated and now works again!

Since right now the emuNAND Tool doesn't work, I've come up with a workaround:

Programs you will need:
Both these programs are free.

PLEASE NOTE: Doing the following method will make a 1:1 copy of the source SD card and put it on the target SD card. It will transfer everything, not just emuNAND.

How to:
  1. Plug the source SD card into your PC, this is the card that you want to transfer emuNAND from.
  2. Run USB Image Tool
  3. Click on the SD card and then "Backup"
  4. Remove the source SD Card and replace it with the target SD Card.
  5. Click on the new SD card, locate the backup image and then "Restore"
  6. Run EaseUS Partition Master and click on "EaseUS Partition Master Free"
  7. Right click on the SD card's partition with data on it, it should be in between two Unallocated partitions and choose "Resize/Move Partition"
  8. Click on the MIDDLE PARTITION, the one that has the data on it and expand it TO THE RIGHT (VERY IMPORTANT)
  9. Click OK
  10. Click Apply on the top left, then OK
  11. Done!
Important Information:
Currently with Gateway 3.1.0 there's a (visual?)bug with higher capacity microSD cards. When running emuNAND it doesn't show the "GW3D" in settings, before the version number telling you if you're in emuNAND or not, because of this its very risky to update emuNAND.
With my guide you can use a 4gb microSD card (where the visual bug doesn't happen) to format emuNAND, update to the latest firmware and transfer it onto a higher capacity microSD card.

Don't panic! - When the transfer is complete and you run the updated emuNAND on your new 3ds it still wont show the "GW3D" prefix before the version number. It'll just say 9.5.0-22E or something along those lines.

Any questions, feel free to ask :)

Alex Huynh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so i kinda solved the issues above, but on the first time i boot the gateway, it work, use FBI to install a legit CIA game of pokemon AS, after finished it got freeze, i reboot my 3ds and now i cant boot up gateway anymore, it just gone black screen.

booriser

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, so I just spent the last day scavenging my way through this thread, hoping to god I'd find something to help solve my problem. EaseUS didn't work because it always assigned the letter drive thingie to the emuNAND partition, and messed everything up. And people mentioned Paragon working, but whenever I tried to go to the resize option in the menu, it wouldn't detect my SD card! What the heck! But, that's where I messed up. So, the resize button was in the top right, (I'm sorry I can't provide screenshots, I can't figure out how to get back to that menu and it's 4:30 am and my brain is fried.) but what you really have to do is select the option that's in the middle on the left! Opening it in full, or whatever. And it's smooth sailing from there! I hope this helps someone!

Reactions: zepthire

Tenma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello everyone.

I'm trying to transfer data from a 32GB sd card to a 128GB one (I know, it's overkill. =P ). I followed this tutorial but when I get to the part about expanding the partition, EaseUS tells me it has found some error and can't continue, please fix the error and try again (of course, it doesn't tell me what the damn error IS). So... help: =P

0x40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you explain me a bit? Thank you
emuNAND doesn't need a letter, so get rid of that with
Code:
remove letter=whatever letter it was given
on the emuNAND volume, then
Code:
assign letter=letter you just removed
on the other volume.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesnt work, doesnt show me move or resize, its like not clickeable

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    107.1 KB · Views: 333

zepthire

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, so I just spent the last day scavenging my way through this thread, hoping to god I'd find something to help solve my problem. EaseUS didn't work because it always assigned the letter drive thingie to the emuNAND partition, and messed everything up. And people mentioned Paragon working, but whenever I tried to go to the resize option in the menu, it wouldn't detect my SD card! What the heck! But, that's where I messed up. So, the resize button was in the top right, (I'm sorry I can't provide screenshots, I can't figure out how to get back to that menu and it's 4:30 am and my brain is fried.) but what you really have to do is select the option that's in the middle on the left! Opening it in full, or whatever. And it's smooth sailing from there! I hope this helps someone!

Perfect, thanks! I was having the same issue and this saved me potentially a lot of time and frustration.

Lis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
someone please help me, i followed op's guide and now my sd card cant be detected by any device or computer. that is a brand news sd card. please someone help me. i already removed the assigned letter. please help me

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 204

Lis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could you clarify this for me? Is it possible to transfer an o3ds emunand to another o3ds?
The SD card id fixed. Oh my goodness, im about to cry. I tried it in every device I could, about 7 of them. The last was a sony xperia phone, it said the SD card is broken, it still cannot be read but there's an option to erase all the contents of the memory card, and it fixed it, thank goodness. Now I wanna upgrade my ds card from 4gb to 32gb, any other way than the op's method? It's quite traumatic for me to even try again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto