Touchscreen not working 3ds, Ds titles

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Confused3dsUser, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Anyone figure this out? It works perfectly, then after I Launch the Game, NOTHING.

2. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh.

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
  3. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Sorry, should have mentioned it is for TWiLightMode++. The Touch Screen works perfectly. But when starting up a Game using TWiLightMode++, it stops. Get out it, it goes back to Normal. I use my SCDS2, the same Game works perfectly fine.

4. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh.

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    This thread is about the touchscreen not working specifically in DS(i) mode [TWL_FIRM], yet working perfectly fine in 3DS mode [NATIVE_FIRM].

You may want to check if the touchscreen reacts differently when playing in these modes like in the examples below:
    • DSiWare - ([fre]eShop digital download of) The Legend of Zelda - Four Swords Anniversary Edition | This is DSi mode or TWL mode.
    • NDS gamecart - (Physical real copy of) Mario Kart DS | This is DS mode or SRL mode, which is a little different than the above TWL mode.
    • DS flashcart - R4i Gold 3DS Plus -or- R4iSDHC series | This is also DS mode or SRL mode.

A few have reported touchscreen working in SRL mode but not TWL mode.
    • :!: TWiLightMenu is DSiWare at boot, but I would not consider its result as part of TWL mode due to it being a hypervisor.
    • :!: Due to its dual 3DS and NDS flashcart design, I would be wary of gauging the SuperCard DSTWO behavior as part of the DS flashcart category or SRL mode.
    Basically, test the touchscreen in these two scenarios. Don't use the TWiLightMenu and DSTWO flashcart.
    1. TWL mode with a DSiWare game.
    2. SRL mode with a NDS game -or- DS only flashcart.

Things you can also do or check for:

Quantumcat likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted