1. Meercko

OP Meercko Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Hello, I have an o3ds and a n3ds both running B9S, I was wondering if it was possible to copy the content of my initial sd card to another one and have the same apps on the n3ds without having to reinstall everything
    Is this possible given that I copy my movable.sed to the n3ds (and maybe copy the tickets as well? Not sure if that's necessary) or do I need to go with the intended way and restore a nand backup to keep the content on the o3ds?

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Australia
    The easiest way, if you don't intend to play online with both at the same time, is to backup the tickets on the old 3DS and do a NAND backup, do a normal system transfer, copy and paste the SD card content (not the NAND backup though) to a new card and put it in the new 3DS when it tells you to move the SD card, and restore the tickets on the new 3DS. Then restore the NAND backup on the old console.

MythicalData likes this.
  3. Meercko

OP Meercko Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Got it, thanks
    Thankfully I don't plan to, but what would be the matter with online? does system transfer import the friend code seed? I would like to keep my current one on the n3ds

4. Quantumcat

Australia
    Oh ok, this will copy the identity of the old console to the new one. You won't keep the friend code. I don't think it will be possible to copy the content over and keep the friend code.

Since they will look like the same console, playing them online at the same time could result in both being banned. If you do want to play both at the same time, then don't restore the NAND backup on the old 3DS and instead set it up as a new console.

5. Meercko

OP Meercko Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    I was thinking of doing a bakup of my current n3ds friend code seed and restoring it after the trasnfer
    Would it be possible to do a system trasnfer manually instead? So that I only move the necessary files+what I wish to move on the new console

6. Quantumcat

Australia
    If you restore the NAND backup on the N3DS then the SD card data will no longer work.

It is possible to do a manual system transfer but it is very difficult and complicated, and I am pretty sure it will have the same outcome. I can try to find the link for you though if you want.
    Edit: https://gbatemp.net/threads/manual-system-transfer-for-saves-content.388033/
    It's quite old so you will need to change any steps that only apply to old stuff. I also think it probably won't do what you want but here is the info for you so you can work it out for yourself.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    Meercko likes this.
  7. Meercko

OP Meercko Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    If you could lend me a link I'd really appreciate it, I tried looking for it but couldn't find it
    When I mentioned restoring I was referring to the current localfriendcode seed of my n3ds, not the entire nand, so I don't lose the second friend code seed

8. TurdPooCharger

United States
    (Very Messy Tutorial) SDTransfer: Moving or cloning a (source) system's Nintendo 3DS folder to another (target) system.

-or-

CFW 3DS Reset without losing CFW [post #2]
    • This is slower than the above approach, but it avoids using the ninfs (fuse-3ds) program and dumping the movable.sed.
    • GodMode9 v1.9.1 or newer for total CMAC corrections. Older versions will not work.
    • The SD card requires just as much available free space as the total size of the Nintendo 3DS folder.
    • Edit: :!: Avoid the steps involving Format System Memory.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  9. Quantumcat

Australia
    Does this allow OP to keep the same friend code?

alexander1970 likes this.
  10. TurdPooCharger

United States
    Yes. Unlike System Transfer, the SDTransfer method keeps the user profiles intact for both systems.

For DSiWare games, he'll need CTRTransfer (Type D9) - DSiWare CIAs & Saves.

@Meercko, if you go with the second approach in CFW 3DS Reset without losing CFW [post #2], before you launch any games, be sure to follow SDTransfer's step 27 in regards to resetting the Secure Value.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  11. Quantumcat

Australia
    alexander1970 and TurdPooCharger like this.
  12. Meercko

OP Meercko Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Thank you for your help :)
    By taking a quick look to the second method, what I got is that by decrypting my Nintendo 3DS folder following the guide and copying in SYSNAND SD of the target system, this will re encrypt it thus allowing the target system to use the data in the folder? If so that's precisely what I'm looking for ^^

alexander1970 likes this.
  13. TurdPooCharger

United States
    Correct.

You copy those three folders out of the [A:] SYSNAND SD from the (source) 3DS system, move them on the (target) 3DS system's SD card, copy those folders in that 3DS [A:] drive {It has to be empty at start. Make a dummy Nintendo 3DS folder}, fix the CMACs with GodMode9 v1.9.1, reset the anti-save restore "Secure Value" by manually deleting that specific nand file {be careful}, restore illegitimate titles with faketik app, and unwrap all the HOME Menu icons with Cthulhu.

You were already warned about avoiding Format System Memory as that doesn't apply to your scenario.
    Also from the second method, don't delete the data folder in the [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND. That folder contains the user profile setup.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    Meercko and alexander1970 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Copying, content, systems