1. 4,768

Front-page
    YBtl4a2.png

Another game is headed to the Epic Games Store as an exclusive. Total War series spinoff game Total War Saga: Troy will be available only through Epic for a full year, and if you manage to open the Epic Games Launcher on the day of the game's release, you'll be able to claim the game, for free. Total War Saga: Troy will be given away for its first 24 hours of release. Publisher SEGA stated in the announcement blog that this doesn't mean further Total War games will release as Epic exclusives, but that this latest spinoff is their way of testing how successful limited-time exclusives would be SEGA, and to help broadcast the Total War series to more players across the world. According to the announcement, the funding gained from Epic will help the development of the series in the future, and will allow the studio to expand.

:arrow: Source

grcd, nxwing, r5xscn and 3 others like this.
  2. Discussion (43 replies)

3. SkittleDash

SkittleDash GBANep

Japan
    Pretty sure no one would mind at this point thanks to all the free AAA games they've been throwing at us already.

4. tech3475

tech3475 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

You must be new around here.

5. SkittleDash

SkittleDash GBANep

Japan
    Not at all. Just saying you'd have to be insane to not pass up on free AAA games. I mean I know people who despised Epic Games. But fell due to the free AAA games.

6. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

United States
    Man i always wanted to be good at RTS games ... but i suck ..whereas i'd watch my older brother build empires ... i guess i will try this again since it free ... then unistall it because im poop at it .......... all the Epic been giving aways some great stuff lately ... maybe its the shame of robbing kids for over priced skins on Fortshite ...

7. Esdeath

Esdeath Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    nah, AAA games are overrated anyway imo. Gotta snatch stuff like celeste

8. _v3

_v3 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Croatia
    August 13th release date for anyone wondering.

9. Bedel

Bedel The key of the blade

United States
    They also gave that game for free so that's nice

Pipistrele likes this.
  10. GoldenBullet

GoldenBullet That One Guy

United States
    People are spoiled by AAA games if anything. AAA games set the standard so high that a completely competent but average game will get bad reviews.

11. tech3475

tech3475 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

That was sarcasm, my point is that just because Epic give out free games doesn’t mean that people won't complain.

64bitmodels likes this.
  12. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Lost Wanderer Who Sees No Evil

United States
    Except a lot of what they've been handing out is stuff that will be cheap as shit if it releases on Steam or other platforms, and a lot of it is stuff I don't see myself playing, kind of like this game here. I just don't care for the RTS genre.

13. LeviDL

LeviDL Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I was going to ask, because they say free for the first 24 hours but no date, and I'm like "when tho?" lol, danke

14. carizard

carizard Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Antarctica
    its not robbery if you don't get any advantages from it and there is no luck involved in it. lootboxes on the other hand are robbery

SuperDan likes this.
  15. 64bitmodels

64bitmodels GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Plus even if it's free it still takes up space on your HDD

16. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

why even say that when the game's coming in 2021

17. carizard

carizard Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Antarctica
    no, you can delete it and redownload it later

18. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

United States
    It's a con as far as I'm concerned... It was designed to make kids want skins & waste million on them worldwide... From begging there parents.. Or stealing in many case just for the same kids to hate the game.. Later.. Micro transactions in games is the new way of making money & it works.. Which is a real. Damn shame. Because we will never see the end of it now... Lootboxes is just under age gambling.. & should be illegal...

HRudyPlayZ likes this.
  19. HRudyPlayZ

HRudyPlayZ The panda god that does everything

France
    Epic Games won't succeed, trust me, they don't make a huge amount of sales (proven by Metro Exodus, which was a flop as an epic exclusive, even becoming one of the most pirated games, but then, sales got a lot better when it released on Steam, and that's not an isolated case...).
    80-90% of Epic users are just here for either Unreal Engine, Fortnite or the free games, not to buy stuff.
    Guys, make sure that if you take this game on EGS, take it for free and more importantly, do not buy it on there, if the game sells poorly on EGS, it would discourage SEGA from doing exclusives, which is a good thing.

I agree, microtransactions should be illegal, especially in paid games, trust me, if there's a paid game with mtx, i wouldn't have any regret or remorse for pirating it and i would even distribute the cracks if people want them, a game that does things like that deserves to be cracked, no matter who is it's publisher. Microtransactions are toxic for the industry, they do make money, but a lot of it isn't legit: Stolen cards, kids, falsified accounts.... The pay-to-win or pay-to-scam (ahem Free2Play) model shouldn't be a go-to for serious businesses, or if it does, they should atleast offer a 25-50$ one-time payment to remove and bypass them completely.

I think cracking groups should work on cracking microtransactions, if we suceed doing that, i wouldn't mind breaking them to pieces, like most people, and they might stop doing this kind of shit if they aren't effective.

YBI, Kyaria and SuperDan like this.
  20. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Dick, With Balls
    Reviewer

United States
    Free for a day is a nice gesture, but I'm disappointed they're using Denuvo for DRM, so I probably won't bother playing it until it gets removed, whether by crackers or Creative Assembly/Sega

21. Edgarska

Edgarska Conjurer of cheap tricks

United States
    Cool, people who don't download tencent games store get a more stable game, after mod support is added, and possibly even without denuvo if SEGA keeps removing it from older games. Completely worth waiting a year, in my opinion.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - exclusively, launches, release