Homebrew Total n00b just bought DS Lite, please show me the way

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djrobinn said:
Sorry guys... but even contrary to the first post that said ... NO R4, I caved and got an R4 SDHC for DSL... I couldn't help it. I wasn't getting the m3i zero anywhere locally and EVERY store had the R4 so I gave in, just to make my little girl happy already and not having to wait...

I guess I'll follow the link posted in the first few posts and see what I need to do next...

was it a big blunder?? please say no. I did make a pact with the dealer and he said he'll take it back if it doesn't work for me...

You only need to be disappointed if you paid more than 5 dollars for the R4. You don't need to worry much. The reason the R4 isn't a good card to get is because they stopped support for it a long time ago and people have been making clones ever since. You can still play games, but the newer ones being released won't run so good(or at all).

djrobinn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dark^'^Knight said:
You are as mad as a cut snake
excl.gif

Look, the cart will work & is easy to use for a little girl and you can download themes to put on it that she would like http://www.ndsthemes.com/themes/title/Both (may take some time working out which site to download firmware from - if you head on over to the R4 section you will see an absolute plethora of threads about "firmware doesn't work on my R4 / tried one from the website on box and it won't work / which one do I need"All R4 carts are clones, ie. firmware updates not properly supported and are built using other cart manufacturers firmwares. This why R4 clones will be around forever, n00bs just keep buying them.
All carts with R4 in title have problems with certain recent games playing and, either need patching or an alternative firmware installed (such as YSMenu), they tend to have problems with cheat files, etc.

Yup, spent pretty much all afternoon/ evening but still haven't gotten the damn POS R4 SDHC Upgrade Revolution to work... this thing really blows... I will try and return to the dude if he's nice about it... even if he gets it working, I don't want any part of this POS... I hear you guys now!

TheDarkSeed said:
QUOTE(djrobinn @ Feb 11 2010, 08:14 PM) Sorry guys... but even contrary to the first post that said ... NO R4, I caved and got an R4 SDHC for DSL... I couldn't help it. I wasn't getting the m3i zero anywhere locally and EVERY store had the R4 so I gave in, just to make my little girl happy already and not having to wait...

I guess I'll follow the link posted in the first few posts and see what I need to do next...

was it a big blunder?? please say no. I did make a pact with the dealer and he said he'll take it back if it doesn't work for me...

You only need to be disappointed if you paid more than 5 dollars for the R4. You don't need to worry much. The reason the R4 isn't a good card to get is because they stopped support for it a long time ago and people have been making clones ever since. You can still play games, but the newer ones being released won't run so good(or at all).

I paid $35... boohoo.. hopefully the dude will take it back... it does suck!! your right!

Sorry about not listening to you guys from the get-go...

djrobinn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Happy to report that I was able to successfully return the POS R4 SDHC Upgrade Revolution without a problem...

Going to pick up an M3i Zero Sakura over the weekend.

Any caveats?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.