Ds Lite cartridge slot C-clip

Epic_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone! I’m new here but I bought my first ds lite that didn’t read games and desoldered the metal housing for the cartridge slot so I could bend the pins back into shape which all went smoothly, but there’s a c-clip like thing that honestly almost looks like a staple that is what holds the ds game in when you insert it. I couldn’t figure out how it went in and also I lost it when doing so. Is there any documentation of how to reassemble that or does anyone know? Also if anyone is able to give me rough dimensions of that piece so I can remake my own out of like a thin paper clip or something that would be a great help. If not I can just jerry rig it and just try out different sizes until I find one that works. Worst case scenario I think I will just remove the spring from the cartridge slot so the games don’t get ejected because I will just be using an r4 card but ideally I would like it to be fully functioning properly which is why I am asking. Thank you for any help!

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone! I’m new here but I bought my first ds lite that didn’t read games and desoldered the metal housing for the cartridge slot so I could bend the pins back into shape which all went smoothly, but there’s a c-clip like thing that honestly almost looks like a staple that is what holds the ds game in when you insert it. I couldn’t figure out how it went in and also I lost it when doing so. Is there any documentation of how to reassemble that or does anyone know? Also if anyone is able to give me rough dimensions of that piece so I can remake my own out of like a thin paper clip or something that would be a great help. If not I can just jerry rig it and just try out different sizes until I find one that works. Worst case scenario I think I will just remove the spring from the cartridge slot so the games don’t get ejected because I will just be using an r4 card but ideally I would like it to be fully functioning properly which is why I am asking. Thank you for any help!
I wouldn't advise removing the spring. Use a pair of tweezers and carefully bend the c-clip back into place, or replace the cartridge slot.

Epic_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where does the c-clip go though? That’s the part I couldn’t figure out.
Wasn't able to figure it out but it works great without the spring. Only issue is a slight increase in difficulty of removing a cartridge but it's really not that bad you just have to use your nail.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto