Hacking Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE restoration

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't mean to release the full patched game, only the patched files.
users still need a copy of the game.

a xdelta patch is good only if you have one big ISO file to patch.
I don't think you'd patch the 24GB WUD file.
if you use xdelta on an extracted game, then I guess it's multiple xdelta patches ? not the easiest way to release a project too.

Sn0wCrack

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I didn't mean to release the full patched game, only the patched files.
users still need a copy of the game.

a xdelta patch is good only if you have one big ISO file to patch.
I don't think you'd patch the 24GB WUD file.
if you use xdelta on an extracted game, then I guess it's multiple xdelta patches ? not the easiest way to release a project too.
Oh sorry, I misread your post.

And yes, we were going to release a patcher utility along with the files.

@Misledz
So, the problem your facing is actually what I believe to be the game loading Tsubasa's censored outfit (instead of her swimsuit). As you said, you moved your save past Chapter 2, bypassing the first time this would happen.

This happens as the outfits are actually two different files, or so I believe. So in reality, for our patch we may not even need to mess around with the character cpk file in the end.

This will be fixed in our patch, so don't worry about it.

Last edited by Sn0wCrack,
Reactions: Baphomet and Cyan

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Oh sorry, I misread your post.

And yes, we were going to release a patcher utility along with the files.

@Misledz
So, the problem your facing is actually what I believe to be the game loading Tsubasa's censored outfit (instead of her swimsuit). As you said, you moved your save past Chapter 2, bypassing the first time this would happen.

This happens as the outfits are actually two different files, or so I believe. So in reality, for our patch we may not even need to mess around with the character cpk file in the end.

This will be fixed in our patch, so don't worry about it.
You da real MVP. And yeah for some odd reason if I proceed with the story line quest, nothing happens, it works as it should. But when I start that side quest. That's where it goes downhill. I can use her swimsuit on the uncensored one, But since my save file registers the "item" as a completely different one, the thumbnail shows this blue cap outfit but the outfit it shows is actually the swim suit. crazy stuff. Im going to try pure vanilla if it crashes or some way around it. Cause that is 29 hrs I am not willing to redo :P

Sn0wCrack

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You da real MVP. And yeah for some odd reason if I proceed with the story line quest, nothing happens, it works as it should. But when I start that side quest. That's where it goes downhill. I can use her swimsuit on the uncensored one, But since my save file registers the "item" as a completely different one, the thumbnail shows this blue cap outfit but the outfit it shows is actually the swim suit. crazy stuff. Im going to try pure vanilla if it crashes or some way around it. Cause that is 29 hrs I am not willing to redo :P
Yeah, the reason for the costume not changing is because they replaced the costume with it.
We're still looking into things anyways, but we'll be sure to make that sidestory work.

Reactions: Misledz

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Yeah, the reason for the costume not changing is because they replaced the costume with it.
We're still looking into things anyways, but we'll be sure to make that sidestory work.
That's music to my ears. I was hoping I didn't have to resort to hex editing haha.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

tence

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope you guys can do a prepatched full iso and release it on that site, since if not someone else will do it using your files 100%, and i'd rather just get it from you guys the creators than let someone else take the credit tbh.

Last edited by tence,

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
The game only has Japanese audio in both the Japanese and English releases.

i did not know about this, this is so sweet!

could you please clarify what this restoration patch is about !?

i remember FE:Fates restoration was about the pat mini game/swimsuit costumes.

what is this one actually about, what did the U.S version remove?

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
will you be putting full Japanese audio in this ?

so full jap audio + english text? (or is this not including undub)
If they did localization for audio, we wouldn't be getting the game this early into the year. Atlus has this habit of not changing their VA cause it can cost them their sales. In japan people only care about who's the VA behind the character. Which is why every japanese mobile game and video game atm always mentions it. In US there's not many people who would do it without making it super cringeworthy.

Just remember Destiny and Peter Dinklage

Last edited by Misledz,
Reactions: leonmagnus99

Sn0wCrack

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If they did localization for audio, we wouldn't be getting the game this early into the year. Atlus has this habit of not changing their VA cause it can cost them their sales. In japan people only care about who's the VA behind the character. Which is why every japanese mobile game and video game atm always mentions it. In US there's not many people who would do it without making it super cringeworthy.

Just remember Destiny and Peter Dinklage

Hey, for testing purposes, would you be able to PM me your savefile?

Flirkyn

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've tested the Fortissimo Edition DLC with my dumped version and it works fine, the DLC is agnostic to what dump you use (as long as it's in the same region as your DLC (just guessing here)), as they're all the same game.

What version of loadiine do you use ? It won't work with me =/ The region is the same that my retail game, I tried to dump the code and meta folder of my disk (but not content due to the time it take) and I redump the aoc folder but it will not work. I tried with the latest nightly of loadiine and activate the dlc in game parameters, but again it's not working. Do you need some special setting ? I also have a Wii U on 5.5.1. Can it comes from the file in the content folder that I change ? (Pack_000_map and pack_010_character)?
I tried the dlc with my disk and it work (I have not tested really in game, but I have a message when starting a new game who tell me that DLC are activated).

Here's my folder
1466862596-capture.png

Last edited by Flirkyn,

Sn0wCrack

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What version of loadiine do you use ? It won't work with me =/ The region is the same that my retail game, I tried to dump the code and meta folder of my disk (but not content due to the time it take) and I redump the aoc folder but it will not work. I tried with the latest nightly of loadiine and activate the dlc in game parameters, but again it's not working. Do you need some special setting ? I also have a Wii U on 5.5.1.
I tried the dlc with my disk and it work (I have not tested really in game, but I have a message when starting a new game who tell me that DLC are activated).

Here's my folder
1466862596-capture.png
Oh man, I'm sorry, I was remembering from using my disc copy, I just tried loadiine a second ago and nothing happened.

I think loadiine currnetly is a bit off with DLC support.

Flirkyn

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh man, I'm sorry, I was remembering from using my disc copy, I just tried loadiine a second ago and nothing happened.

I think loadiine currnetly is a bit off with DLC support.
Arf well that's too bad. maybe they correct that in an update. I think I'll post something in the topic on gbatemp, see if they have a solution.
Anyway, thanks for the answer :)

Last edited by Flirkyn,

Jugiatsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sweet, japanese audio only! Does this have physical release? Cuz I'm seeing that our shops here doesn't have it yet.

I'm on 5.3.x, how do I load this on a lower fw? Many thanks!

kabayan!

I am pretty sure loadliine works with 5.5.1 and lower.

Taburisu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Great job!

One question, is this crap going to be uncensored too?

p6m5qXG.jpg

They have placed shadows under the skirts...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...