Hacking Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE restoration

Sn0wCrack

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I understand that it will not uncensored the text and the fmv, but what will be uncensored with that ?
Plus, are there many censorship in Prologue and Chapter 1 (except for character age) ? I know that the most are in chapter 2

And for what I saw in this thread it seems the patch is moving fast. Do you think it will be done by the end of the month (if you have no idea or it will take much more time, that's not a problem, it's already great that people are making a true uncensored patch ^^)

I have another question. I have the Fortissimo Edition and the dlc. If I dump these with ddd and using it with a loadiine version with the patch, will they work ? (I'm talking about the eur dlc, not the jap and cut one).
Also, I received my edition today, so to play the game yesterday meanwhile, I download a version on that iso site. The version are eur, like my fortissimo editon. Does the DLC that I dump from my retail disc will work with it or should I dump my version (wich is eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeextremly slow, I start dumping it for almost two hours and I'm only at less than 2GB dumped). I played the game to see if the dlc work, but I don't know if I can see it yet where I am (beginning of chapter one), so I can't verify it.

Okay so, what I posted before will uncensor costumes, such as Tsubasa's Bikini and Wedding Dress, and anything graphically related to chapter 2, so the pictures on the dungeon walls, pretty much for anyone who wants to just have the costumes and not care about the story updates for now.
Replacing the pack_030_etc.cpk file with the Japanese version will however turn your menu icons and buttons Japanese (the menu item names will be in English), but will give you uncensored menu icons.

This patch could be ready in a few days, wheter or not it'll be fully stable and tested is another story, but it'll be playable in a few days, including subtitled FMVs.

I've tested the Fortissimo Edition DLC with my dumped version and it works fine, the DLC is agnostic to what dump you use (as long as it's in the same region as your DLC (just guessing here)), as they're all the same game.

Flirkyn

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay so, what I posted before will uncensor costumes, such as Tsubasa's Bikini and Wedding Dress, and anything graphically related to chapter 2, so the pictures on the dungeon walls, pretty much for anyone who wants to just have the costumes and not care about the story updates for now.
Replacing the pack_030_etc.cpk file with the Japanese version will however turn your menu icons and buttons Japanese (the menu item names will be in English), but will give you uncensored menu icons.

This patch could be ready in a few days, wheter or not it'll be fully stable and tested is another story, but it'll be playable in a few days, including subtitled FMVs.

I've tested the Fortissimo Edition DLC with my dumped version and it works fine, the DLC is agnostic to what dump you use (as long as it's in the same region as your DLC (just guessing here)), as they're all the same game.

Thanks for the quick reply :D
I'll not use the pack_030_etc.cpk for now then, and I'll stop at chapter two until the patch is out (damn it, you're so fast guys :D that's just great :D) even if it will not be stable yet.

Well I think I'll will not dump my own game for now. To use the DLC, I only need to dump the aoc folder and place it on the folder with the code/content/folder ?

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
A few questions:
  • Is this is vanilla English (EU or US) version, nothing changed
  • Is this the Japanese version with the English messages files overtop
  • Is this the Enlgish vesion with the Japanese map and character packs overtop
You can check the base game version by opening up your meta folder and checking the meta.xml for the <product_code> tag and searching it up.

If it's the first one, I can look into it, if it's the second or third one, there's nothing much you can do as of right now, so please sit tight for us to release the patch, shouldn't be more than a few days now.
Thanks for the feedback, it's the third option, it's title id is ASEP01

Jesuiscontent

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So I've read the whole thread but I'm unsure what version I need to get for this patch. JP, US, EUR? I need to get started with downloading earliest possible because my internet is potato-tier.

e : nevermind, I didn't see the OP got updated with the right info sometime yesterday.

Last edited by Jesuiscontent,

Aegehn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello all,

I have kind of a side question, sorry if this is already answered elsewhere. Will I be able to use my legit version save with the restoration patch? Is there a combo of tools to achieve that, like saviine + ??? + loadiine ?
Thanks for your replies, and to the OP, thanks for doing this.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay, so I redact all previous statements of "You need the Japanese version".
You won't, we can make a patch, you'll need a dump of the English only.
Please, remember that you can't share a patch which contains copyrighted game's files on GBAtemp.
If your patch contains character models or any modified and repacked files from the game, then you will have to share that patch on another website (which is a shame not to share it on most possible places). But if it's the only way you share it, then it can be released only on "that website" (like users call it, I don't even know which one).

If your patch (not package) contains only your own data (your text, your values or your lua code etc.) then it's fine to share here.

I'm saying "you" but I mean any users involved in the patch release.

Sn0wCrack

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hmm interesting, I'll have to look into this some more.

Hello all,

I have kind of a side question, sorry if this is already answered elsewhere. Will I be able to use my legit version save with the restoration patch? Is there a combo of tools to achieve that, like saviine + ??? + loadiine ?
Thanks for your replies, and to the OP, thanks for doing this.

You will be able to, but of course the restoration patch requires a loadiine ready English version.
You can move your saves over to the loadiine version from a disc file using saviine.

Please, remember that you can't share a patch which contains copyrighted game's files on GBAtemp.
If your patch contains character models or any modified and repacked files from the game, then you will have to share that patch on another website (which is a shame not to share it on most possible places). But if it's the only way you share it, then it can be released only on "that website" (like users call it, I don't even know which one).

If your patch (not package) contains only your own data (your text, your values or your lua code etc.) then it's fine to share here.

I'm saying "you" but I mean any users involved in the patch release.

What would xdelta files classify as exactly?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
a xdelta file classify as a patch.
This is what's inside that patch which determine if it's legal or not to share it.
a xdelta is a difference between two versions of anything (file, game, etc.), it can even be a difference of a completely different file or game.
Sharing a full game ISO using xdelta is therefore completely possible and of course as much illegal as sharing the game itself as the xdelta file contains the game's files needed to replace the host to the target's data.

If your xdelta contains your own data (your translated text, or your values to patch a menu or behaviour in a game) then it's fine to share.
If your patch contains a character's model to swap from one to another, then it's not your work and is not allowed to be shared.

usually, legal translation patches are only few kb big.
Legal undub patches are often provided alongside batch tools or programs used to swap files from different folders and the end user needs both version of the games.

Edit:
I'm not here to prevent your release or make things worst just for fun. game patches, game translation and undub community have always been working like that. either it's legal or illegal is up to the project's owner, but we can't allow illegal patches on gbatemp. Other websites don't care about it, but legal hacking and translation websites do.
If there are projects not conforming this rule on gbatemp, it's projects we missed and didn't properly reviewed. we will help the project owner fix his patch or find another distribution method.

Sn0wCrack

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

I've looked into this more, the character cpk file added a few new model files, we'll look into this.

a xdelta file classify as a patch.
This is what's inside that patch which determine if it's legal or not to share it.
a xdelta is a difference between two versions of anything (file, game, etc.), it can even be a difference of a completely different file or game.
Sharing a full game ISO using xdelta is therefore completely possible and of course as much illegal as sharing the game itself as the xdelta file contains the game's files needed to replace the host to the target's data.

If your xdelta contains your own data (your translated text, or your values to patch a menu or behaviour in a game) then it's fine to share.
If your patch contains a character's model to swap from one to another, then it's not your work and is not allowed to be shared.

usually, legal translation patches are only few kb big.
Legal undub patches are often provided alongside batch tools or programs used to swap files from different folders and the end user needs both version of the games.

Well that presents an issue, guess it's time to get creative about it.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you can always release it on an ISO website as a "replaced file package", but I suppose less people will find it.
We can talk about it if you want, based on what needs to be patched we can find the best solution.

I edited my post above before you replied but you maybe missed it.

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
you can always release it on an ISO website as a "replaced file package", but I suppose less people will find it.
We can talk about it if you want, based on what needs to be patched we can find the best solution.

I edited my post above before you replied but you maybe missed it.
How about if they upload it to MEGA, then link it onto their github. This way everyone wins and it doesn't get lost into the abyss on that iso site.

Sn0wCrack

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

I edit my post above before you replied but you maybe missed it.

No, I'm completely understand, if it's not okay, it's not okay, I guess I jumped the gun in assuming it would be.
We'll just have to think of releasing it elsewhere as the xdelta route will be the easiest, as there's currently no way to open the CPK files without making our own tools (we can't release the criware sdk tools either), which will push this back a while, or perhaps even indefinatly.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How about if they upload it to MEGA, then link it onto their github. This way everyone wins and it doesn't get lost into the abyss on that iso site.
Nesting it is probably fine with us.
You are not releasing the file or download link on the forum. We are not responsible for what you link on your github. Though, you are putting yourself in danger to get your github closed if the owner (game's publisher or any people) report your repository for hosting or linking to illegal file.
If there's an alternate solution, it's always better to choose it. though, it might be harder to make the patch.

Itoku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can be wrong but will be easier if the patch only swap the textures, etc, from the JPN to the EU/US and the adicional text you guys did.
It is not a concern to gbatemp where the people get the files needed.

Sn0wCrack

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I can be wrong but will be easier if the patch only swap the textures, etc, from the JPN to the EU/US and the adicional text you guys did.
It is not a concern to gbatemp where the people get the files needed.

The problem is more so releasing these tools into the wild can have backlash on the person who leaked them.
We've also already started with the xdelta approach.

Once Sakitoshi, who was coordinating the final release of this patch gets online, we'll discuss what to do.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think a release on that site would be the best option.

Otherwise it would get to complicated for both the releasing party and end user.
The releasing party would have to create new tools that fetch files from the jp version modify them perhaps and reinsert them in the us version.
Xdelta already provides multiplatform, but the tools created by the releasing party would probably not.
And the end user would need complete rips of both the us and jp versions on their hard drive.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if it's released on "that website" (ISO provider), I suppose xdelta is not needed, as all you'll want is providing the modified files to replace for loadiine or cafiine.
releasing a xdelta patch will have additional issues for users (using the proper xdelta program or GUI, etc.)

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it's released on "that website" (ISO provider), I suppose xdelta is not needed, as all you'll want is providing the modified files to replace for loadiine or cafiine.
releasing a xdelta patch will have additional issues for users (using the proper xdelta program or GUI, etc.)
Yeah, may as well release it pre-patched if it's going to be released on that iso site.

Sn0wCrack

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You're not wrong there, not a bad idea in the end.
But I guess a patch is still good for the people who already have a copy of the game.

Either way, still have to wait for the others.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, when your wife kicks you out BOVONO Prefabricated Tiny Home, Mobile Prefab House with...