ROM Hack Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 2nd Season Translation

Yosh1709

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow!! you guys are the best i cant beleive the 1st patch is out!! * fan girl squeal*
i just finished seaki's ending. so cute!! i love you guys
also if your low on testers id be happy to help since i have HEAPS of free time

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yosh1709 said:
Wow!! you guys are the best i cant beleive the 1st patch is out!! * fan girl squeal*
i just finished seaki's ending. so cute!! i love you guys
also if your low on testers id be happy to help since i have HEAPS of free time

Thank you for your support!
happy.gif

Ah, you went for Saeki XD
I feel so bad for you, he's so mean T_T
I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Looking for five or seven new beta testers to test the second patch.
WE NEED SOMEONE WITH ENOUGH TIME TO DEDICATE.
This patch will be more time consuming because it has the endings in it.

Again, we need people with dedicated time. Not "right now" time, weeks of free time. No, that doesn't mean you have to be a bum, it means you have enough time to dedicate to the project as a tester. We really don't have the time or patience for people who won't even bother or just wants the patch. Remember, we're doing this so ALL of you can play and we test so you can have as less errors as possible.

Thank you!

Pai-Chan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wah! Thank you so much!!
This is a late Thank you but that was only because I didn't want to Register right away (wanted to play with some bishies first XD)

Lol I chose Saeki too and he is mean but he reminds me of a typical annoying high school boy and I think he is adorable.
The moments when my character "tries" to get revenge on him is so funny.

My next victim will surely be Shiba "drools" but I'm having trouble deciding between him and Waka-sensei now XD
Waka Sensei in casual clothes >w<

lol beware of the poke fest! Saeki's love went down a little I think because I couldn't stop poking him while we were walking >D

Thanks again. I really appreciate that you guys took the time to do this. I can't read Japanese so I really am Thankful and wish I can show my thanks in a much better way >_<

Thank you thank you Thank you

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tested a little bit more. So far so good.

Just a few small errors.

- When Chris calls you 'Nickname-chan'. The "-chan" part has an extra space at the end. If I remember correctly, this part is in arm9.bin. Look at your "-chan" and if it ends with 20, change 20 to 00 and it should be okay.

- When you talk to Yuu. "Door's open" part. I think it's actually his window. (I'm not sure about this but I always think that he comes to your room through your window.) And then "Let's go over there." when you ask for skinship practice can be "I'll go over there." as he's the one coming to your room.

- Sports festival part. It's something like "Which game shall I participate?" and then you have 2 choices of participate/not participate. The translation should be "Shall I participate in any game?" first. And if you choose to participate, then use the "Which game shall I participate?" later.

- Many scripts refer to a guy or a girl as "them" instead of him or her. If it's because you can't specify the gender, you can change the scripts a little bit.
Ex. Instead of "I'll have to buy a present for them.", you can go with "I'll have to buy a present." etc.

Inori

Trophies
Website
gokusaishiki.wordpress.com
XP
Country
jjjewel said:
- Many scripts refer to a guy or a girl as "them" instead of him or her. If it's because you can't specify the gender, you can change the scripts a little bit.
Ex. Instead of "I'll have to buy a present for them.", you can go with "I'll have to buy a present." etc.

This one is on my end, and something I didn`t want to change at the time (when I had a tonne of other translating to do outside of the project), because it wasn`t detrimental to gameplay.

But now that I`m finished with everything, I guess I`ll change the birthday scripts and walking home scripts.

Thanks for testing.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jjjewel said:
I've tested a little bit more. So far so good.

Just a few small errors.

- When Chris calls you 'Nickname-chan'. The "-chan" part has an extra space at the end. If I remember correctly, this part is in arm9.bin. Look at your "-chan" and if it ends with 20, change 20 to 00 and it should be okay.

- When you talk to Yuu. "Door's open" part. I think it's actually his window. (I'm not sure about this but I always think that he comes to your room through your window.) And then "Let's go over there." when you ask for skinship practice can be "I'll go over there." as he's the one coming to your room.

- Sports festival part. It's something like "Which game shall I participate?" and then you have 2 choices of participate/not participate. The translation should be "Shall I participate in any game?" first. And if you choose to participate, then use the "Which game shall I participate?" later.

Fixed the chan part.

I'll change the Sports Festival one to "Should I participate?". However, I can't exactly use "Which game shall I participate" later because it won't let you choose it that way.
[@Z]
????????????????????????
Should I participate?
????????????????????????02

[(Choice)]
????????????????????????
Participate in a
competition.
????????????????????????03

[(Choice)]
????????????????????????
Don't take part in
a competition.
????????????????????????04

[(Choice)]
????????????????????????
Borrowing race
????????????????????????05

[(Choice)]
????????????????????????
Three-legged race
????????????????????????06

[(Choice)]
????????????????????????
Bread eating race
????????????????????????07

I changed it to, "Should I participate?", though.

The one about Yuu I'll change to, "It's open." since the Japanese doesn't specify door or window.

Wenny_Iza

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.Filgaia-kun.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
Thank you .. phoenix .. suggestions from you succeed ...
when I tried on my DS .. game managed to read ..
yaynds.gif

but when I tried on my friend's DS .. game can not be read ... whether there is something wrong with her R4?.. but if the game not patched .... games can be read .. on her DS...

mellow.gif

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wenny_Iza said:
Thank you .. phoenix .. suggestions from you succeed ...
when I tried on my DS .. game managed to read ..
yaynds.gif

but when I tried on my friend's DS .. game can not be read ... whether there is something wrong with her R4?.. but if the game not patched .... games can be read .. on her DS...

mellow.gif

What computer does your friend have? Windows or mac?
Tell her to go to the patch tutorial and go step by step.

I'll need to know more about what she did.

BETA TESTING FOR THE SECOND PATCH STARTS NEXT WEEK.
All that's left for me to translate are the remaining images. Done with all scripts and skinships!

Serendipity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck, and by the way for some reason I can't activate the BF event (thats what I get for cheating
closedeyes.gif
) I don't think this has anything to do with the patch...maybe there's something I'm doing wrong?
unsure.gif

Meh...I'll probably figure it out. Thanks for the otomegoodness!!!
yaynds.gif

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Serendipity said:
Good luck, and by the way for some reason I can't activate the BF event (thats what I get for cheating
closedeyes.gif
) I don't think this has anything to do with the patch...maybe there's something I'm doing wrong?
unsure.gif

Meh...I'll probably figure it out. Thanks for the otomegoodness!!!
yaynds.gif

Yeah, even the testers had problems triggering best friend events. Some even rage quit! XD
It's nothing to do with the patch, but we have a guide in the beta testing section of the Gokusaishiki forum, I'll post it for you here.
It was taken from multiple sources, so I hope it helps!

QUOTE said:
I found the formula for activating the event similar to the one in 1st Love,
so here we go:

To first activate this event, you must first have 2 fellows at tokimeki/
grinning/smiling state with you. Within the span of 8 days, you will need to
have 2 dates with the guy you plan to reject at the chapel. To achieve this,
simply arrange the dates on consecutive weekends, or line them up when you
have several holidays in a row. Try to do this as early as you can manage,
since getting a best friend confession is fairly tricky.

The BF event can be activated even if you go on dates with certain CG
events, but be careful not to activate Love Mode on the second date.

Once you've dated the guy you don't want as your BF twice in 8 days, your
other guy will develop ESP of some sort and intercept you two at the end
of the second date. Afterwards, you'll get a call from the guy and you can
either:

~ Explain the misunderstanding
~ I just want to be friends...

Pick the first to avoid activating the BF event (if you'r aiming for Ending
3), and the second if you want to go through with it and make him your BF.

From this point, Your BF's affection will drop back to
smile.gif
. You should focus
now on filling his tokimeki panel completely and unlocking all possible BF
convo topics with him. If you're aiming for Ending 4, make sure you don't
neglect your other guy while doing so.

Once the BF event's activated, you'll find a whole new list of BF-only
conversation topics unlocked (some of them are really quite amusing) and
that the way he greets you will be quite different as well. Unrequited love's
always entertaining, I guess :3

On the Tokimeki panel, your BF will be giving you a thumbs up with a tiny
speech balloon next to his face reading, "Best Friend".

Your BF will not ask you out on dates, so you'll have to do all the asking.

After dates, you simply have to pick the first option to extend the date
and have a conversation at the beach (No more Love Mode for you!)

Here's a quick list of recommended duos for the BF event (parameters are
fairly close, so getting both to like you should be a fair bit easier):

Saeki/Amachi
Hikami/Saeki
Saeki/Wakaouji
Hikami/Wakaouji
Wakaouji/Amachi
Shiba/Masaki
Hariya/Chris
Best Friend Mode Activation

* Date 2 guys frequently for a while. Make the guy you plan to dump (GUY2) love you more than the guy you want to be best friend with (GUY1). Try to get both guys to
biggrin.gif
or higher. (GUY1 could be at
smile.gif
but you need very high love level.) After 2nd year, try dating GUY2 twice within 8 days. (Just call him to schedule 2 dates in advance, etc. Make sure none of the dates involve special CG, or it won't work.) If everything works out, you should see GUY1 at your house after you come back from the second date. You'll automatically call GUY1. Choose to " Tell him about the other guy you like." and GUY1 will become your "Buddy" and will give you advices about love.
* If you date GUY2 twice in 8 days and still can't activate best friend, keep dating both guy and try to activate the 8-day date again.
* Choose your guys wisely. Better try the guys with similar clothing preferences and stat requirements, so you don't have too much trouble buying clothes/raising your stats to make them like you.
* GUY1's affection level will not go beyond
smile.gif
even when his heart level on Tokimeki panel is full. (Other than that, you won't see any indication that he's your Buddy.)
* Note: If you want Best Friend (Buddy) endings, don't be rival with the girl who loves your best friend. (She will take him near the end of the game.)
By the way everyone, all we have left to translate are the graphics! And well, there's only three of those left XD
We can't translate the names on the eval/endings/album screens because they're too tiny. I'll try descrambling them before I completely give up on the tiny names.
Even so, I would have to put initials or their first name/nickname or something, cause they don't leave much room.

Serendipity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks I was just about to rage quit myself...Saeki why can't you see I'm two-timing with Hikami?! XD I reeaalllllyy want to see that heartbroken look on the self-centered jerk's face
evil.gif

Serendipity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hate2.gif
I swear there is something wrong with me...T_T I followed that wonderful guide and still no BF event. -_-u *goes to try again for the thousandth time*

Saeki is a jerkface...but like everyone else except for PG I'm starting to become blinded by his uber hotness that his personality doesn't even matter anymore not to mention the way he speaks is rather adorable XD

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Serendipity said:
hate2.gif
I swear there is something wrong with me...T_T I followed that wonderful guide and still no BF event. -_-u *goes to try again for the thousandth time*

Saeki is a jerkface...but like everyone else except for PG I'm starting to become blinded by his uber hotness that his personality doesn't even matter anymore not to mention the way he speaks is rather adorable XD

Ahaha, he's only hot when his hair is slick back XD

But I enjoy drooling over Wakaouji, Hariya, Shiba, Masaki and Hikami. (And Chris when his hair in a ponytail)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop opening pms from @Psionic Roshambo +1