ROM Hack Tinke 0.7.2

loco365

Trophies
XP
I am going through the Pokemon Black files and I came across the font files with assistance from someone else. But, I can't view them. It's located at a/0/2/3 (US/EU Pokemon White) but they just come up blank, although Tinke identifies them as a font file. Can you fix this in the next release?
This is a bug of the font plugin, I have fixed it but these font files are so so weird... maybe there are more bugs in the plugin...
Awesome. One more request. In the SDAT plugin, can you make an option to choose which SBNK and SWAR an SSEQ uses, as well as the ability to add new SBNK files, SWAR files and SSEQ files without replacing old ones? That would be more than helpful and would have it completely replace Kiwi DS's SDAT algorithm.

pleonex

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
From the picture, the dots on the first row could be some encoding indicators. I don't have the game rom but you could check the font in HEX view. I used to see something like this and before each character in the font, there's a code for encoding. It should be in increasing order if I have to guess. (In this case, it might be something like 0020 0021 0022 if it's unicode, etc.) If it's the case, you can see how many bytes it takes for that code and skip these bytes when you output the font graphic.

By the way, I'm also looking forward to the adx/ahx support. :wub:
I don't think so, but it could be. As I know the encoding type is stored in other section in the font file, but I must investigate it more.

hi, can you add support for Summon Night X ~Tears Crown~ ??
Tinke will help a lot ^^...
Good work...
Yeah, I think it's easy, I will look at this game.

Awesome. One more request. In the SDAT plugin, can you make an option to choose which SBNK and SWAR an SSEQ uses, as well as the ability to add new SBNK files, SWAR files and SSEQ files without replacing old ones? That would be more than helpful and would have it completely replace Kiwi DS's SDAT algorithm.
Ok, the first think you said it's stored in the INFO section of the SDAT file, you'll be able to modify it in the next version.

how to compile a new revision? :)
Another option is using the batch file: "Compile.bat", just execute it. You don't need to install the Visual Studio if you uses that file (as I know)

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
o.o since i fail using compile.bat so i using ms visual studio. maybe something problem on net 4 component. today i was re-installed net4, i hope is working.

edit1:
nevermind, i using ms visual studio is just for learn something from you tools :3 XD

hm for now, is working o,o, first appear is "cannot found specific ..." after there is compiling all data ...

is just me? if i pick release, all plug-in is failed, if i pick debug, is can compile. o.o

edit2:
latest release is cannot open nds file o.o.

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the picture, the dots on the first row could be some encoding indicators. I don't have the game rom but you could check the font in HEX view. I used to see something like this and before each character in the font, there's a code for encoding. It should be in increasing order if I have to guess. (In this case, it might be something like 0020 0021 0022 if it's unicode, etc.) If it's the case, you can see how many bytes it takes for that code and skip these bytes when you output the font graphic.

By the way, I'm also looking forward to the adx/ahx support. :wub:
I don't think so, but it could be. As I know the encoding type is stored in other section in the font file, but I must investigate it more.

I just check the game. It's NFTR so it's not the same as what I mentioned. (The format I saw is usually in the fonts in .bin or .dat format.)

However, CrystalTile2 shows this font file without a problem. One thing to notice is that it has byte jump value of 3. I don't think I've seen any font file with byte jump value other than 0 before. That might be what you can check. (I don't really know what byte jump is and how you can get the value from the file but I think that might be why the font shows up with some weird dots in your picture when you tested it. ^_^)

pleonex

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
o.o since i fail using compile.bat so i using ms visual studio. maybe something problem on net 4 component. today i was re-installed net4, i hope is working.

edit1:
nevermind, i using ms visual studio is just for learn something from you tools :3 XD

hm for now, is working o,o, first appear is "cannot found specific ..." after there is compiling all data ...

is just me? if i pick release, all plug-in is failed, if i pick debug, is can compile. o.o

edit2:
latest release is cannot open nds file o.o.
This is not a problem, it tries to delete the "build" folder but as it doesn't exist yet, it shows this messages. And yes, you're right the last release doesn't open roms because I did a change to open them faster but it has errors, they are fixed now and in some minutes I will commit the changes.

I just check the game. It's NFTR so it's not the same as what I mentioned. (The format I saw is usually in the fonts in .bin or .dat format.)

However, CrystalTile2 shows this font file without a problem. One thing to notice is that it has byte jump value of 3. I don't think I've seen any font file with byte jump value other than 0 before. That might be what you can check. (I don't really know what byte jump is and how you can get the value from the file but I think that might be why the font shows up with some weird dots in your picture when you tested it. ^_^)
Yes!!!, this should be the problem!, the meaning of byte jump it's the number of byte to "jump" (don't read) in the begging of the "char image". It should be in some of the unknwon values, I will invesgate it. Thanks :)

EDIT:
I have finally found where is the problem. The font has one section called HDWC with some info of each char (start, length and width). In this weird fonts this section is inside of the char image and due to this the first three bytes are not image (3 bytes jump). It's strange because the section HDWC here has unknown data...

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the sdat file, is it possible to add more STRM sections to the existing sdat?
I've never done voice/sound hacking before but for a game that I'm hacking, it's not voiced. But I have some voice clips from the PC version of this game and I wonder if I could do something to put those voices to the NDS version.

Thank you very much. :wub:

pleonex

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
Well, thanks...^^...
This is a great program...
Good Work... ^^...
Try with the last revision: Tinke rev124

For the sdat file, is it possible to add more STRM sections to the existing sdat?
I've never done voice/sound hacking before but for a game that I'm hacking, it's not voiced. But I have some voice clips from the PC version of this game and I wonder if I could do something to put those voices to the NDS version.

Ok, but you'll have to do ASM hacking as I know too.

The next version will have a so much better SDAT plugin. I'm doing a method to modify the INFO section where is some information about the associated SWAR files in banks and the associated SBNK in SSEQ. It shows now the record GROUP (it's a group of SSEQ, SSAR, SBNK and SWAR files). I'm going to add the possibility to add and remove files and if I have time I will start with the support of SBNK and SSEQ. Probably I will start with SBNK.

Another thing: I have added to the first post the "todo" list that should grow up with your opinions :P

Regards!

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
omg, i will waiting for to do list for font to TTF / TTF to font, is amazing XD

release 124? o.o i was compiled 123 yesterday v_v is too fast XP in my time (is my sleep time).

you can added on to do list ? :
- export animated sprite into agif (if can apng) ?
- read NMAR, and NMCR?

thank you very very much :3

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ok, but you'll have to do ASM hacking as I know too.

The next version will have a so much better SDAT plugin. I'm doing a method to modify the INFO section where is some information about the associated SWAR files in banks and the associated SBNK in SSEQ. It shows now the record GROUP (it's a group of SSEQ, SSAR, SBNK and SWAR files). I'm going to add the possibility to add and remove files and if I have time I will start with the support of SBNK and SSEQ. Probably I will start with SBNK.

Another thing: I have added to the first post the "todo" list that should grow up with your opinions :P

Regards!
Thank you. And again, it's not anything urgent so please take your time. I still don't know if I can get the voice to work, but if Tinke can let me add extra STRM, I might be able to do something with the new voices.

(The game is Girlish Love Revolution DS. I'm not sure how it handles the sound files but there are se.bin, bgm.bin, and stream.bin that seem to hold pointers that tell the game which sounds from sdat to play. So I think I might be able to edit these files in order to play additional voice clips without messing with ASM hacking. Anyway, it's just my assumption. I'll try to study more about the sound formats later too. ^_^)

pleonex

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
you can added on to do list ? :
- export animated sprite into agif (if can apng) ?
- read NMAR, and NMCR?
I have added the support for NMAR and NMCR.
Tinke can export the animated sprites to apng, but not to gif. I have tried a lot of methods, but I had a lot of problems with it, it always lost colors and there is not background transparency... So the gif has a very low quality... Anyway in a future I can try again.

well....
how can i change the number of the palete...
when i'm seeing a img...??
why do you want to change it?

Marusero28

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
well...
i have a img to use...after i selected the palete... i go to img...
and there is the palete 01... i want the palete 06...
what i have to do to change... in the img screen..??

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't worry much about GIF support, it's a nice feature but ultimately it's a pain in the ass file-format to deal with (at least IMO)

pleonex

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
well...
i have a img to use...after i selected the palete... i go to img...
and there is the palete 01... i want the palete 06...
what i have to do to change... in the img screen..??
By the moment you can not select other palette because this info is in the NCER file, and viewing it you will view the image correctly. Maybe I will add it to the next version.

please, add support .zip and .bmp files (used in many EA games)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8