Hacking time for firmware change?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So apparently Team Rebug (which has been curiously quiet for a good while) have released a new update package to go along with their 3.55.2 CFW, which among other things, would finally allow PSN access again.

Given that I had sadly lost my trophy/digital rights to the stuff I had owned a while ago, the ability to connect again and re-earn my rights so I can play the stuff I did buy legit has me very interested... as well as for the time being to sync my earned trophies. However, the reason I lost said data was because of a firmware spoofer they previously made nearly bricking my main PS3. (it would also be nice to 'fix' the trophy data on my MVC3 data since I can't figure out what I need to delete to fix that, and the game won't run as a result)

Main PS3 I use is a CECHA model, that's been humming along great on kmeaw 3.55, and the latest (that I know of) version of multiman.

I also have a 'rescued' CECHB that's still on OFW 3.50 for the time being.

Should I go ahead and give the new rebug firmware a try? Suggested prep I should do? Should I consider using the CECHB as a guinea pig for the tryout before going 'live' with my main then?

Is it safe to trust a Team Rebug CFW, given the prior bad experience with their spoofer app?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I could just use the spoofer to get on and get up to date?

If so, does anyone remember that form email that you were supposed to send in in order to opt-out of the "you can't sue sony" clause that they added in recent firmwares? I want to be sure I am prepared before I take the plunge. :)

*EDIT*

Installed the spoofer, followed the instructions upon loading the app... had to use the "forgot password" way to reset my password, and get the new EULA. Also, thankfully found gamersoptout.com to handle getting my rights in order for both EA and PSN.

So far, so good.

p.s. any way of patching recent updates so I could still use them proper on multiman/etc. ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or when your player dies, you can say in code, if enemy exists, do nothing, but if enemy does not exist, then create enemy at certain spot. (This would be a pain tho for lots of emeies)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Easiest, simple way would be just restart scene, but player would restart from beginning.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, thx in advance
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, thx in advance +1