Gaming Thoughts about a workaround for dsi region lock

NeverBelieve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone Pokemon Black and White are just around the corner, but Play Asia delivered news of a posssibility that these games might be region locked on DSi consoles. While I do own a DS Lite, I would love to play this game on a larger screen and use the DSi features. Here are some of my ideas that could possibly work..

1) Action Replay DSI- I do not own one, but would the DSi Action Replay be able to boot the game? It would bypass the DS menu. has anyone tried this with other dsi games?
2) Flash cart- I have an m3 for homebrew use but is there a homebrew app the could boot a game in slot 1 (like an app that would let me swap out the m3 cart for black or white)? I wouldnt care if it wasnt in dsi cause mostly i want the big screen.
3) Change firmware for Dsi- has anyone figured out a way to do this via flash cart? or are we still trying to hack the DSi?

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
Not sure about Action replay..

I think in a DSi as soon as you take out the cart the console resets.. so I don't think that can work... (Tho how does the AR DSi work??)

I don't believe they've managed to hack the DSi menu yet..

Edit: I may be wrong on number 2 as I just tried removing my acekard with the DSi on the acekard menu and it didn't reset..

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NeverBelieve said:
Hey everyone Pokemon Black and White are just around the corner, but Play Asia delivered news of a posssibility that these games might be region locked on DSi consoles. While I do own a DS Lite, I would love to play this game on a larger screen and use the DSi features. Here are some of my ideas that could possibly work..

We already know DSi Enhanced or DSI Exclusive carts are region locked, it's been this way for some time.

QUOTE2) Flash cart- I have an m3 for homebrew use but is there a homebrew app the could boot a game in slot 1 (like an app that would let me swap out the m3 cart for black or white)? I wouldnt care if it wasnt in dsi cause mostly i want the big screen.

The DSi will not allow you to change carts past the DSi menu.

You have 3 options:
[*]Wait for it to be released in your region[*]By a Japanese DSi[*]Use a flashcart and use the game in DS mode

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la