jwmghf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys:

I took my xbox360 slim apart today. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to take apart. My dvdrom is a Lite-on DG 16D4S F/W Ver. 0225. The H/W Ver. A0A0.

I purchased the X360USB Pro Jungle Edition & CK3i Mega bundle to update the firmware on the drive. Is there any other hardware I should be purchasing??(like the Nand & JTag)?

I'd prefer to play the xbox games through an external hdd and be able to access xbox-live without getting banned if that's possible. If that's not possible than dvd backups will have to do.

I have also noticed that I should know what dashboard my box is at. I took it apart already and I won't know what it is until I put it back together again. Is that a problem??

Thanks

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you want to fork out 100 dollars for a ODDE like the Wasabi 360/Xk3y etc then yes you can load games off of an external HDD.

Other then that it's not possible unless you reset glitch your box.
RGH'd consoles can NEVER EVER connect to XBLive!

To flash your Drive you need to gain write access to it.
Refer to the Jungleflasher manual on how to achieve write access.

Possible hardware that you might need are the Probe 3 and a Sputnik360 (requires soldering)
And a Liteon iHAS B drive for burning XGD3 backups (newer 360 games)

Your dashboard is VERY important.
It tells you what updates you have and what firmware is safe to use on XBLive.
The dashboard version can only be seen when you power on your 360 and go to the console settings tab.

jwmghf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I finished hacking my console and it works gr8. I have never accepted an Update from MS. I have owned the box for 2 years. A backup I have says it needs an update to be able to work. I have never done this. Is there a tutorial I can follow?

Thanks

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What dash are you on?

Usually it's recommended to reflash back to stock and then apply the update.
After the update it's safe to flash back to LT 3.0 again.

jwmghf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Dinohscene:

I reverted back to OFW and updated to 14699. I then reloaded LT 3.0 again. It went well. Now I got the one game that wasn't working fixed, but, a game that was working isn't amymore?? I think I'm in need of a Title update. I am going to have a look around and see what I can find. I haven't done a title update before so any support would be gr8!!! Do you know what they are??

Thanks

jwmghf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, that's good to know. I did flash the drive with LT Max. So I guess I just need to get some practice now using ABGX. Let the good times roll :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...