Homebrew There's a way to use the Pro Controller for incompatible Wii U games?

Lovesier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone
Anyone knows if there's something like HID to VPAD that allows to use the Pro Controller for those incompatible games(LEGO, Sniper Elite, Rayman, etc)?

Last edited by Lovesier,

Deleted member 568587

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope you have to use the wiimote for games that only support the wiimote. There was an app made for original Wii that you can use a Gamecube controller on any Wii game but it's only for Wii not Wii U.

There is nothing like Hid to vpad for the Wii portion of Wii U, and there is absolutely no way to use a Pro controller for wiimote only Wii games even on original Wii.

If you have a gaming PC you can use Dolphin and there's a way to sort of map a wiimote to a controller but it's not very good. That's the problem is that no matter what a controllers joystick will not make a good pointer like the wiimote is meant to do for games that are meant for a wiimote.

Last edited by Deleted member 568587,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope you have to use the wiimote for games that only support the wiimote. There was an app made for original Wii that you can use a Gamecube controller on any Wii game but it's only for Wii not Wii U.

There is nothing like Hid to vpad for the Wii portion of Wii U, and there is absolutely no way to use a Pro controller for wiimote only Wii games even on original Wii.

If you have a gaming PC you can use Dolphin and there's a way to sort of map a wiimote to a controller but it's not very good. That's the problem is that no matter what a controllers joystick will not make a good pointer like the wiimote is meant to do for games that are meant for a wiimote.
Actually the games they're asking about require a GamePad, not a wiimote. And it's frustrating for a game like Rayman Legends because players 2-5 can play with Pro Controllers, but a GamePad has to be connected for player 1.

Deleted member 568587

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're right my bad I was thinking they meant Wii games on Wii U that used the Wiimote, not Wii U games.

You could get a Mayflash NS adapter on Amazon for $20 which works with the Pro controller then you can make it work with Hid to vpad. Probably not a free way to do it.

Last edited by Deleted member 568587,

AMIdDST

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You can use HID to VPAD to emulate both Gamepad and Pro Controller with any USB controller of your choice. For example, I use Gamecube controllers as either, when necessary (no gyro, obviously).

You can even control the gamepad user (Player 1 in Rayman's case) with a Gamecube controller, if you so wish. Both of the controllers would be active and work in tandem (so touch screen could be used an external tool in this case.)

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You have two hardware options, but AFAIK there is no software solution.
The easiest solution is to get the mediocre third-party controller the cat in my avatar is using (https://www.destructoid.com/review-pro-controller-u/). It has a switch on the back to swap between acting as Wii Classic Controller and sideways Wiimote. I use it for games like Metroid Other M, Super Paper Mario and Wario Land Shake. The analog sticks aren’t great, though, so I’d recommend it only as a sideways-Wiimote-with-grips.
My Mate Vince demonstrates using many different controllers with Wii using some adapters . You would have to check that the Mayflash Magic-NS actually emulates the controller you need, though (sideways Wiimote?).

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Actually the games they're asking about require a GamePad, not a wiimote. And it's frustrating for a game like Rayman Legends because players 2-5 can play with Pro Controllers, but a GamePad has to be connected for player 1.
That's because someone has to control Murphy - in single player, the AI takes control of the second character. Playing without the GamePad will break all Murphy sections.

If you want a Murphyless Rayman Legends, you need to get another console's version, no buts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: 💡 This will work [un 🔌 🖥️ ] :tpi::rofl2::tpi: