Hacking THERE IS NO REASON TO STAY ON 3.2! UPGRADE TO 4.0 PEOPLE!

Are you on 4.0? If not, why?

• Yes, I'm on 4.0 and loving all the new features!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, because I'm an idiot!

• No, because IDK how!

• No, because I hate zeros!

• No, because I think 4.0 has negatives when really all it has is positives.

• I like corn dogs!?!?

• Total voters

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 4.0 and my friend is telling me to downgrade to 3.2, I'm like why? What's the point? The same features are on 4.0 as on 3.2 and I'm not doing anything else to my wii.

codone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was one of the 3.2U people that held out until BootMii.. After about a week or more after the release of BootMii, I finally got the guts to install it. Then I found this guide and upgraded to 4.0.

From the link below --
Using this guide you will be able to update to firmware 4.0 and keep features like loading backups, playing virtual console/wiiware games from SD card and installing wads/channels.

http://www.yafaze.com/wii/4.0updateguide.html

This is a great guide and web page... Check out some of the other information there too. Note, I used "method 1" to update, where I installed the patched ISO60 and CIOS Rev 10. Then I just updated to 4.0 over the Internet from Nintendo. All worked great! I had never tested the USB loader until now, and it works fine under 4.0. The Homebrew channel and all homebrew work fine. I've had no problems at all.

maximusprimate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
4.0 Rules. Haters can SMB.

As if anyone can be afraid of an update that Waninkoko made. I mean, it's Waninkoko for crying out loud. Would he make anything that could brick a Wii?

The reason everyone should jump on the 4.0 bandwagon is because with BootMii out, there is probably going to have to be two releases for every app (one for the 3.2 losers, and another for the 4.0 super-cool-dudes). What kind of programmer want to write the same thing twice? There is no reason to be on 3.2 (unless that's your favorite number or something).

It won't brick your Wii, you won't miss anything, and you'll probably end up using the SD card channel anyways.

PS

Let's see you suckers hold out after Motion Plus comes out.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maximusprimate said:

As if anyone can be afraid of an update that Waninkoko made. I mean, it's Waninkoko for crying out loud. Would he make anything that could brick a Wii?

The reason everyone should jump on the 4.0 bandwagon is because with BootMii out, there is probably going to have to be two releases for every app (one for the 3.2 losers, and another for the 4.0 super-cool-dudes). What kind of programmer want to write the same thing twice? There is no reason to be on 3.2 (unless that's your favorite number or something).

It won't brick your Wii, you won't miss anything, and you'll probably end up using the SD card channel anyways.

PS

One Question, Why do you or anyone else care, What firmware someone's else's Wii is on
wacko.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
dimmujed said:
blah blah blah....
Then you will be able to use all the new WiiWare, all the new disc based games w/o patches, and have the ability to store VC/WiiWare games on SD cards (even pirated ones.) and boot them off of the SD card, saving tons of space and time.

...blah blah blah...

non-sense!

You forgot to say that you'll be LOOSING the ability of loading fake-signed game discs...!!
wink.gif

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
dimmujed said:
blah blah blah....
Then you will be able to use all the new WiiWare, all the new disc based games w/o patches, and have the ability to store VC/WiiWare games on SD cards (even pirated ones.) and boot them off of the SD card, saving tons of space and time.

...blah blah blah...

non-sense!

You forgot to say that you'll be LOOSING the ability of loading fake-signed game discs...!!
wink.gif

Not me
tongue.gif
All my autoboot wad managers still work, I did have to patch the system menu though. Plus i got bootmii installed thats the only reason i updated otherwise i would still be on 3.2

edit: Really its up to the User has to what firmware he wants to Use,

A 4.0 User has to patch alot of things to get what a 3.2 User already has
A 3.2 User only has to update certain things to keep Compatibly with newer games, But he doesn't have VC Sd Loading which is over rated
all and all its up to the User

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
maximusprimate said:

PS

Isn't Wad Manager one of Waninkoko's app..?? the one that has been used by several people around here to uninstall the Wii's IOSes and/or SysMenu, I mean it is absolutelly not Wanky's fault, but his apps are dangerous if they are not used wisely, and I haven't seen a single app that has two .dols (one for 3.2 and one for 4.0), are you proud of having a 4.0 Wii with all the hacks that a 3.2 user has PLUS the super-drupper SD launching menu (WOW I must get it soon cause it has the "super-drupper" word)..?? congratulations...!!
mthrnitesmiley.gif

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
maximusprimate said:

PS

Isn't Wad Manager one of Waninkoko's app..?? the one that has been used by several people around here to uninstall the Wii's IOSes and/or SysMenu, I mean it is absolutelly not Wanky's fault, but his apps are dangerous if they are not used wisely, and I haven't seen a single app that has two .dols (one for 3.2 and one for 4.0), are you proud of having a 4.0 Wii with all the hacks that a 3.2 user has PLUS the super-drupper SD launching menu (WOW I must get it soon cause it has the "super-drupper" word)..?? congratulations...!!
mthrnitesmiley.gif

looooooool

I'm so jealous of people of 4.0
tongue.gif

quantocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im on a softmodded 3.2E , who cares about 4.0 or any other firmware when it works perfect on every game with disc blocking updates!

Kratozero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just to make things clear.....will i still have 100% compatibility on my disc channel(even with out of region discs) using cioscorp?, how do i do that on 4.0?

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Det1re said:
m-tek said:
if you upgrade to 4.0 from 3.2 does bootmii still remain??

It does. No system update ever touched boot2. Might change in future... :/

Edit: 2late.

Some updates on discs did have boot2 wads inside...
So i don't think that it would be a problem for Nintendo to
update boot2...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2: +1