i got a modded Wii and have a problem ... see sys check

koli84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello,
I have a problem with the wii I got to deal with. Someone was reworking it and something is wrong.
The menu system is version 4.1.
The console cannot be updated to 4.3 (from disc and online).
I thought that there is a lock in the priiloader, but even though the priiloader is installed, it is impossible to enter it ... just when you try to enter the priiloader, there is only a black screen. I tried to install priiloader 6 and 7 and there is always a black screen when trying to enter priiloader, but version 9 won't install, when I try to install it says "exiting" and goes to HBC.
I did syscheck on the console, but the results do not write to the SD card. Something is wrong with ios, but what? where? how?
I attach photos that I took in syschec, can someone help?
I will add that I got the consoles for "repair" without an SD card, without NAND backup or anything. The owner claims that this is how he got it from the family and asked me to bring it to order and composition, but I already give it up.
Colleagues, help me out of this situation, upgrade the console to 4.3 and then execute softmod from scratch.

Link to photos from syscheck
IMG_20221110_190030931.jpg

IMG_20221110_190043306.jpg

IMG_20221110_190055236.jpg

IMG_20221110_190106558.jpg

IMG_20221110_190126987.jpg

IMG_20221110_190136574.jpg

Last edited by koli84,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
The system menu version has been increased to 54450. U should grab a stock 4.1E (or 4.2E or 4.3E) system menu wad and install it (u already have ios60, 70, and 80 installed so u are all set with system menu ios's).

U won't be able to use some yawmm mod to install a new system menu on your wii as it's extra brick protection will prevent u from installing a different region system menu, and because the version has been changed to 54450 it will not be able to determine the current region. U can use mmm or wii mod lite if u only have a wiimote +. After doing this, note that u should immediately reinstall priiloader, as it will have been removed. It's worth noting that until u do this you may have issues using priiloader's system menu hacks (or running the new installers like u have already observed), not unless u manually tweak the hacks_hash file to support v54450, but better to install a stock system menu in my opinion.

After that, run the hackmii installer again to update your hbc to the latest version. While in the hackmii installer u can have it prepare an SD card for bootmii, so u can launch it from the hbc home menu or priiloader in order to make a nand backup. Actually maybe lead with this, so u make a nand backup first, u can always make a new one later anyway.

Other than that your syscheck looks fine. Not sure why syscheck won't write to your sd card, that one is a bit strange. (edit: do u have a write lock switch accidentally enabled?)

Absolute worst case scenario if this doesn't work out, u can go full kamikaze on this wii and restore it to near virgin status. Just make a nand backup, then feed it to ohneschwanzenegger to create a virgin nand.bin and restore it using bootmii. Then resoftmod from scratch using modmii as per usual.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0 +1