1. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...
    Global Moderator

Poland
    I've been thoroughly impressed with the build quality and overall design of the One X, Microsoft definitely has some big heads working in the hardware department. It's more powerful than the PS4 Pro while staying whisper quiet, which is really impressive. Sadly, the software doesn't go hand in hand with the hardware, so the PS5 will likely be my primary gaming platform. I'll still pick this beast up for the sake of Halo Infinite alone, but unless Microsoft really hits the spot with their in-house games this generation it's really a no-contest.

Pipistrele likes this.
  2. Elysium420

Elysium420 Astral projector

Greece
    Will performance be better? Sure. But I think we've hit a wall in graphical fidelity since the past era.

3. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Belgium
    probably nevermind :P

4. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

United States
    For consoles at least, that isn't even remotely true. PS5/XBX is going to be the first generation where they can finally manage [email protected]+ FPS and high settings. We're going to see a very noticeable bump in graphical fidelity once consoles are no longer holding back high-end PC hardware.

Last edited by Xzi, Feb 25, 2020
    Rahkeesh and scroeffie1984 like this.
  5. Boesy

Boesy GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Can it just be called Xbox X or Xbox SX? Xbox Series X is too long.

But anyway, people will just call it "Xbox" when they're gonna buy it.

6. JuanMena

JuanMena GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    are we going in full circle again?
    12TF?

16TF?
    32TF?
    64TF?
    128TF?

7. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    As I've said I'm not a fan of the name and when you say long yeh it has 3 separate wordings if thts what you mean but how about super nintendo entertainment system though I don't think anyone called it tht :lol:

8. Pipistrele

Pipistrele GBAtemp Fan

Russia
    More horsepower = more room for developers to make fun games, simple as that. Some genres benefit a lot from good performance, and certain ones are impossible without semi-decent hardware in the first place.

DANTENDO likes this.
  9. Kadji

Kadji GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    So...here is the deal:
    I skipped the Xbox One because all of my xbox 360 games (99% shmups) were incompatible with their backwards compatibility.

From this news article I get the impression that, with the Xbox One Series X, *every* game will be compatible.
    Am I right in my thinking that I can just download my previous purchases (everything was bought Digital on the 360 by me) on the Xbox One Series X, and that they will just work?

The OG Xbox as well as the 360 had some of my most beloved games and I would love to play them all on one console.

If that is the case this *might* be the tipping point that convinces me to invest in an Xbox One Series X.
    The Ball is on your side now Sony - impress me.

10. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"

Greece
    I'll summarize this "news" post in one sentence:

"The XBox Series X will finally catch up to PCs of ~4 years ago in performance while only doing a fraction of what PCs do and still offering only features that are considered basic in this day and age but calling them something new to trick idiots into getting excited for them":P

11. SkittleDash

SkittleDash GBANep

Japan
    Not sure if I'll be getting this. I look at both Xbox Series x and the PS5. Then I look at my PC that has PlayStation Now and soon xCloud. I'm not sure what I'm doing yet.

ThoD likes this.
  12. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    Playstn now don't get big games til wel after original release which I'm sure you kno so you say I'm not sure what yr doing next just save up for the ps5 :D

13. Minox

Minox Thanks for the fish
    Former Staff

Japan
    How is that any different to buying a new console every few years?

ThoD likes this.
  14. ThoD

Greece
    I built my PC almost EIGHT years ago, wasn't even top-end at it's time and cost around 800€, still haven't needed upgrades and can play everything that comes out at at least medium settings if not high/max and at a juicy 60-75FPS instead of 24-30FPS like consoles.:P If I was playing on console, I'd have needed to buy at least two by now and with massively more expensive games and would have gotten inferior experience as well.

15. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Microsoft studios stuff will all be cross platform with PC, so building that up will make a perfectly viable xBox. xCloud also looks pretty good for that too.

PSNow is a joke that Sony is winding down if anything, with it still being more of a PS3 service and removed from most devices recently, plus a stated goal of not devaluing their new IPs by putting recent games there. You are likely still going to need a PS5 if you want to play their exclusives.

I don't think this is right.

All *Xbox One* games will be compatible.

So far they are just promising the OG/360 games that are already "backward-compatible" on XB1. It could expand but there's no mention of that, in fact they seem to be treating it as a part of XB1 support so they might never revisit, since the XB1 back-compat program has officially ended. (I.E. no more games will be added to it.)

Last edited by Rahkeesh, Feb 25, 2020
  16. lachlan_sol

lachlan_sol Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    i just bought my first gaming computer with $800 i won from a bet, the specs are:
    -Asus H110M Motherboard
    -Intel i5-6300HQ CPU with stock cooler
    -8gb Corsair Vengeance LPX Red DDR4 RAM
    -MSI Radeon rx580 8gb Armor oc edition
    -250gb SSD
    -1TB HDD
    -700w Thermaltake Smart 80+ PSU (brand new)
    -NZXT H100 Case (brand new)
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    will this last me long?

17. ThoD

Greece
    I don't see why this wouldn't last you long, I mean it's well above the specs in mine and mine still does it's job fine:P Mine is FX6350, 4GBs of RAM and R7 265x SE OC 2GBs GPU, runs everything at at least medium settings. As long as you don't fill the computer with junk stuff and your HDD is fast enough, you won't have issues. Many people don't realize electronics have hit the limit of what's possible without involving quantum theory, so technology won't improve THAT considerably for quite some time, probably around half a decade, meaning required specs for gaming won't suddenly jump up if you don't care about absolute max settings.

lachlan_sol likes this.
  18. lachlan_sol

lachlan_sol Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    thanks for the feedback! i was saving up for a build really similar to yours when i was in year 7 but i bought a ps4 instead :/ - btw if you are wondering why it was 800, i had to pay an extra 200 for shipping (literally boston to south west australia...) but i saved more than that with the deal the seller gave me haha

Last edited by lachlan_sol, Feb 25, 2020
  19. tabzer

tabzer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    The real question is: How does his $800 box compare to xxx's hardware?

20. MarkDarkness

MarkDarkness Deliverator

Poland
    And software development costs will keep soaring...

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - teraflops, delivery, feature