The Xbox Series X will have a 12 teraflops GPU, quick resume feature, and "smart delivery"

Xbox_ShortBullets_JPG.jpg

The one and only head of Xbox himself, Phil Spencer, has revealed a wealth of new information for Microsoft's next-generation console: the Xbox Series X. The console has been confirmed to have a 12 teraflops of graphical performance, which is stated to be twice the power of an Xbox One X, or alternatively, eight times more powerful than the Xbox One. Additionally, players will be able to quickly pick their games up from a "suspended state", without having to wait through load screens, thanks to a new Quick Resume feature.

Next Generation Custom Processor: Xbox Series X is our most powerful console ever powered by our custom designed processor leveraging AMD’s latest Zen 2 and RDNA 2 architectures. Delivering four times the processing power of an Xbox One and enabling developers to leverage 12 TFLOPS of GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) performance – twice that of an Xbox One X and more than eight times the original Xbox One. Xbox Series X delivers a true generational leap in processing and graphics power with cutting edge techniques resulting in higher framerates, larger, more sophisticated game worlds, and an immersive experience unlike anything seen in console gaming.

The new Xbox also promises more stable performance in games, and higher framerates. The console will support up to 120fps, and by using HDMI 2.1 the Xbox will automatically switch your TV or monitor to the best settings for gaming, including auto low latency mode, and a variable refresh rate, which will change the screen's refresh rate to match your current game.

• Variable Rate Shading (VRS): Our patented form of VRS empowers developers to more efficiently utilize the full power of the Xbox Series X. Rather than spending GPU cycles uniformly to every single pixel on the screen, they can prioritize individual effects on specific game characters or important environmental objects. This technique results in more stable frame rates and higher resolution, with no impact on the final image quality.
  • Hardware-accelerated DirectX Raytracing: You can expect more dynamic and realistic environments powered by hardware-accelerated DirectX Raytracing – a first for console gaming. This means true-to-life lighting, accurate reflections and realistic acoustics in real time as you explore the game world.
Immersion in an instant

The next console generation will be defined by more playing and less waiting. And when play begins, we know many gamers demand ultra-low latency to be as immersed and precise as possible. To this end, the team analyzed every step between player and game, from controller to console to display, and asked how we could make it faster.

• SSD Storage: With our next-generation SSD, nearly every aspect of playing games is improved. Game worlds are larger, more dynamic and load in a flash and fast travel is just that – fast.
  • Quick Resume: The new Quick Resume feature lets you continue multiple games from a suspended state almost instantly, returning you to where you were and what you were doing, without waiting through long loading screens.
  • Dynamic Latency Input (DLI): We’re optimizing latency in the player-to-console pipeline starting with our Xbox Wireless Controller, which leverages our high bandwidth, proprietary wireless communication protocol when connected to the console. With Dynamic Latency Input (DLI), a new feature which synchronizes input immediately with what is displayed, controls are even more precise and responsive.
  • HDMI 2.1 Innovation: We’ve partnered with the HDMI forum and TV manufacturers to enable the best gaming experience through features such as Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) and Variable Refresh Rate (VRR). ALLM allows Xbox One and Xbox Series X to automatically set the connected display to its lowest latency mode. VRR synchronizes the display’s refresh rate to the game’s frame rate, maintaining smooth visuals without tearing. Ensuring minimal lag and the most responsive gaming experience.
  • 120 fps Support: With support for up to 120 fps, Xbox Series X allows developers to exceed standard 60 fps output in favor of heightened realism or fast-paced action.

As previously confirmed, the Xbox Series X will have backwards compatibility for all currently supported original Xbox and Xbox 360 titles, along with the Xbox One library. Unique to the new Xbox will be "smart delivery", which means users can buy a game for the Xbox One, and if they have an Xbox Series X, they'll get the new version for no extra charge. This feature is on a per-game basis however, with only Cyberpunk 2077 and Halo Infinite announced as part of the smart delivery program.

The next generation of game compatibility

The benefits of the next console generation extend in every direction, bringing greater visual fidelity and improved loading speeds to your existing gaming legacy, in addition to new games. We’re continuing our commitment to compatibility with Xbox Series X and investing in technology that makes game ownership easier across generations.

• Four generations of gaming: Our commitment to compatibility means existing Xbox One games, including backward-compatible Xbox 360 and original Xbox games, look and play better than ever before. Your favorite games, including titles in Xbox Game Pass, benefit from steadier framerates, faster load times and improved resolution and visual fidelity – all with no developer work required. Your Xbox One gaming accessories also come forward with you.
  • Smart Delivery: This technology empowers you to buy a game once and know that – whether you are playing it on Xbox One or Xbox Series X – you are getting the right version of that game on whatever Xbox you’re playing on. We’re making the commitment to use Smart Delivery on all our exclusive Xbox Game Studios titles, including Halo Infinite, ensuring you only have to purchase a title once in order to play the best available version for whichever Xbox console they choose to play on. This technology is available for all developers and publishers, and they can choose to use it for titles that will be release on Xbox One first and come to the Xbox Series X later.
  • Xbox Game Pass: In addition to games from across four generations of consoles, our leading game subscription service, Xbox Game Pass, will continue to have our first party games, like Halo Infinite, included at their launch. We look forward to millions of you experiencing the Xbox Game Pass portfolio and immersing yourselves in a deep library of high-quality games, playing those you love now and also discovering your next great adventure.
A generation with players at the center

Xbox Series X is our fastest, most powerful console ever, designed for a console generation that has you at its center. This means a high-fidelity gaming experience enclosed in a quiet and bold design, with the ability to discover thousands of games across four generations, all with more playing and less waiting.

Whether it’s empowering amazing creators at our 15 Xbox Game Studios, fueling game discovery with Xbox Game Pass, or expanding what and where you can play with Project xCloud, Team Xbox stands for frictionless pathways between players and the best experiences our remarkable art form has to offer. Xbox Series X represents that same commitment for players who want immediate immersion in games that also look and feel better than ever.

We can’t wait to share more details about the new Xbox with you in the coming months.

:arrow: Source

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
12 teraflops .. What is a teraflop .. I have 2 pairs of flip flops .....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
A teraflop was a dinosaur tht was flopping his legs allover the place causing massive destruction killing over billion humans

Reactions: SuperDan

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A teraflop was a dinosaur tht was flopping his legs allover the place causing massive destruction killing over billion humans
That filthy shitbag... If I was his mother I would definitely not make him and gumbo and Rice ... Furthermore I might be persuaded to buy him a Xbox 360 just so it can die on him so he understands the pain

Reactions: DANTENDO

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
In the first instance you are completely injecting. Your second is pure opinion, just as my own comments are. There is absolutely zero hassle in this department for me personally. The "everyone" comment is far fetched.

If the following quote does not scoff at the price-point power ratio, then what is it?:

Complete nonsense. The "more expensive" thing BARELY applies. What people are saying the Series X will be equivalent to a top end pc? LMAO!

Also, the following comment shows that you would rather spend time setting up your computer instead of playing a game. Tweaking, overclocking, and configuring your computer is not gaming. Being required to do so is a hassle for the person who wants to play the game instead of doing that, which was the point that was raised that you originally responded to.

There is absolutely zero hassle in this department for me personally.

Last edited by tabzer,

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the following quote does not scoff at the price-point power ratio, then what is it?:

Also, the following comment shows that you would rather spend time setting up your computer instead of playing a game. Tweaking, overclocking, and configuring your computer is not gaming. Being required to do so is a hassle for the person who wants to play the game instead of doing that, which was the point that was raised that you originally responded to.

First part, again. Pure injection and I'm not going to tell you again so you may as well cross that off your list & I owe you zero explanation. If reading comprehension is an issue, someone else can help you with that. Not me. Secondly, I do not do overclocking except on my CPU which was done a single time through a simple BIOS multiplier option when I first got it and have never touched it since, so scratch one off too. Tweaking and configuring is a one time deal when you first install windows. You're acting like you have to fuck with shit every single time you boot the thing or want to play a game. At this point I question if you have EVER done any gaming on a PC whatsoever.

Keep trying bud. You're not changing my stance & everything you are saying is bullshit so you can just call it quits. No point discussing this with you any further. C'ya.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Some games support xinput, but not dinput (with older ones being vice-versa), and some don't support controllers for some reason. Having a wrapper is an added step of translation that requires yet-another always running system task, therefore another potential point-of-fault. If you are looking for DS4 controller support, DS4Windows is useful, but google will send you an older, crappier, version instead. Game to game, the ideal setup is different. If you play competitively, then you are probably going to use KB and mouse; not a controller.

The argument is that the OOB experience of a xbox is more user friendly than PC. This is absolutely true. Of course you could customize your own personal operating system to emulate the same type of interface, and have a collection of controller profiles, which auto-load, for your library of games that don't have native-steam controller support. I find personal joy in setting up my system. But configuration is also an irritant to actual gaming. That's a fact. (hassle)

Your "1 click" claim is king of the trash heap.

Last edited by tabzer,
Reactions: themosteve

coffinbirth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some games support xinput, but not dinput (with older ones being vice-versa), and some don't support controllers for some reason. Having a wrapper is an added step of translation that requires yet-another always running system task, therefore another potential point-of-fault. If you are looking for DS4 controller support, DS4Windows is useful, but google will send you an older, crappier, version instead. Game to game, the ideal setup is different. If you play competitively, then you are probably going to use KB and mouse; not a controller.

The argument is that the OOB experience of a xbox is more user friendly than PC. This is absolutely true. Of course you could customize your own personal operating system to emulate the same type of interface, and have a collection of controller profiles, which auto-load, for your library of games that don't have native-steam controller support. I find personal joy in setting up my system. But configuration is also an irritant to actual gaming. That's a fact. (hassle)

Your "1 click" claim is king of the trash heap.
You really shouldn't keep feeding that thing, lol. He's obviously either trolling or a complete moron. Sure, there are elements of truth to some of the things he's saying, superficially...but pretty much everything he is saying is wrong in the context he's putting forth. He sounds like all the worst parts of the IGN comments section wrapped up in a single chud.

Reactions: tabzer

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so far, I like what I've heard about the new xbox, but is the bc with all previous generations confirmed? that could really slow down xbox one sales. I don't plan to buy one regardless, but I might buy this if microsoft doesn't screw themselves like they originally did with the xbox one.

coffinbirth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so far, I like what I've heard about the new xbox, but is the bc with all previous generations confirmed? that could really slow down xbox one sales. I don't plan to buy one regardless, but I might buy this if microsoft doesn't screw themselves like they originally did with the xbox one.
Well, it's going to be BC with all(possibly not Kinect) Xbox One games, and all the games that were BC on Xbox One. It remains to been seen if they go back and add additional Xbox and 360 titles to the BC program after the launch of Series X.

I'm pretty sure it's just common sense that when a new console generation moves in the previous consoles sales start to decline. It's been this way since the beginning. It's not a bad thing.

That being said, Microsoft are being quite generous to Xbox One owners this go-around by stating that all 1st party Series X games will be playable on Xbox One for the first year.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy