1. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    Complete nonsense. The "more expensive" thing BARELY applies. What people are saying the Series X will be equivalent to a top end pc? LMAO! That is a complete load of crap. You do realize that everyone who built a PC had to do it for the first time all on their own, right? And that they DO make pre-built PC's? Or that someone else could assist with the build? C'mon. Entirely moot points.

1) XB is far, far, FAR from having the PC's entire library available. The other way around is completely opposite. Moot point.

2) You do know, that you can connect your PC to a television and use an XB controller, right? So that it won't feel like you're at work? Btw, where do you work? I'd like to apply so I can get paid to game all day.

3) "Better performing" XB system.

334254f742bcb07ab5d293c39f4be910.gif

2. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    Hav a good read and Bin yr pc and build another one with least a £1000:lol: https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/the-xbox-series-x-is-faster-than-your-gaming-pc-now-what/

3. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

Germany
    1. The only point that matters (to me).

2. Yes, exactly the type of thing I would like to avoid, I can do it, actually the type of gaming PC I have is designed to do that (it's no bigger than an Xbox One), yet I can't get in the mood. And I don't work playing games, I work as an old school Software Developer, Embedded Software usually.

3. Yes, better performing than the computer I would build and use, better performing at the same level price when buying all new parts. Better performing at same level price when buying all used parts (of course that means also a used XB).

Codemastershock likes this.
  4. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

United States
    A little bit excessive for my tastes, but as long as it works for you...

I prefer a more elegant solution if at all possible.

5. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    Lmao. Okay. Flops aren’t an accurate measure of performance when comparing GPUs across multiple architectures. It's like comparing two GPUs where the one with less flops outperforms the one with more. Anyone who thinks the Series X is actually going to be comparable to a top end PC is extremely arrogant. If you want to claim that link as fact, then you also have to claim this as fact. Except both can't be accurate at the same time. There's no chance the Series X is going to be comparable to a $1100 PC, and the PS5 only comparable to a build half as much.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/sony-ps5-release-date-pc-equivalent-build

1) Doesn't make any sense. You're kinda backpedaling on this one imo.

2) Not sure how playing on a PC & TV vs XB & TV could make one not get in the mood simply because it's running on a PC and not the XB. But if that's how you personally feel.. I can't argue that.

3) PC with equivalent rumored specs for the PS5 is only $580, and the PC will do an awful lot more. Plus all of the extra graphics options that are available for PC games vs consoles. I don't buy the better performance with the same price point for new parts, and especially not for used. The entire PC is more expensive thing is WAY overblown to death. It's barely more expensive to go the PC route. Games on PC are also cheaper and go on sale much sooner and much more often. There's also no XBL to pay for for online titles.

6. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

Germany
    1) No, and you are making a mess of something that is simple. I am talking about what I consider important, not backpedaling. I don't know why you feel hurt regarding my taste or needs, it's me not you.

2) I already said it many posts ago. I can't understand how can you be so obtuse to consider everybody must be the same as you. For me, if I use computers I feel like it is work, it's not hard to understand.

3) That is a lie really, I won't tell you to post a detail of cost of parts + labor cost + shipping and so on and so forth because it will lead to more discussion about something that I am confident about... now the question is why would you lie?

PS: there is no debate to win here, it is a matter of preference, if you keep making it kind of a test of endurance I will ignore following posts, this is already feeling like work too.

Last edited by sarkwalvein, Feb 26, 2020
  7. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    1) I don't know why you think my feelings are hurt in even the slightest of ways, and from your replies to my OPINIONS, you seem to be the one that's a bit hurt here.

2) I feel everyone must be the same? Do you know how opinions work? Or do I need to specifically state "IM MY OPINION" on every, single post - so that no one gets their feelings hurt? Naturally the things I say are opinions, as is everything you are saying, and everyone else. Doesn't take a.... you know the saying.

3) Not a lie whatsoever. Now the question is, why would you insist that I am lying? I've already PROVEN this idiotic point to be wrong, and I'm not going to go through it again.

4) Good day. I've nothing left to add. Reply if you wish, but I've already said all I want to say.

8. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Belgium
    well i was kinda dissapointed when i saw the fan blows it out at the bottom and not the top like the ps3 because if done properly it makes the console look a lot nicer. An example would like the one on that website. I did mine back then in a similar fashion with the ps3 and also with the ps4. it does make a world of difference, it easily makes the console you did it on run 15 degrees cooler on serious stress.
    https://pingtool.org/ps3-case-mod/

9. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

A lot of PC games have poor controller support. Some don't even have controller support at all despite there being an Xbox version (eg Star Wars Republic Commando and Call of Duty 4). You can't rely on a PC to give you the same experience as Xbox. And you can't just boot up Windows and navigate to your games with a controller, so you still need mouse/kb to acess your games (like the Wii where you needed a Wii Remote to start up any game)
    Also, would be nice if we got a UWP Blu Ray player on Windows 10 like for Xbox One. Don't know why Microsoft can't just recompile the XB1 player for Windows and sell it on their store.

And if you want all of the hardware features of an Xbox One in the same form factor, short of designing your own case, the only option is the Silverstone ML09 which can't use full sized GPUs so you're limited to GTX 1650, which I decided is fine for the games I like and I'm going to get an Xbox Series X later anyway.

10. tabzer

tabzer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan

Hey deadliner,

Can you show us a build that outperforms the new triple x system, at a better pricepoint? I don't think you can or will. People argue that PC is cheaper, somehow, but I don't think they are. They are upgradeable and highly customizable. When it comes to the pricing of chips, the mass produced units tend to be cheaper.

11. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Console can also play secondhand games.

Rahkeesh likes this.
  12. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    As someone who does sometimes use a PC for a wireless TV setup in lieu of any stock console, it can be a pain in the ass. Especially when you have to troubleshoot typical PC incompatible bullshit without being at your desk, or god forbid when in-home streaming goes wrong. I in no way begrudge people accepting something a little less pretty so its more convenient to use in the living room, in fact I take it to a further extreme with the Switch. But Steam Big Picture mode is still an OK Xbox if you are willing to tinker and have a wireless KB/M solution when needed.

Deleted User and Codemastershock like this.
  13. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    Several apps out there that can cover any controller issues that are extremely easy to set up and most come with one click configurations for most games.

Yes, you CAN absolutely 100% boot directly into things such as Steam Big Picture Mode and navigate immediately with a controller.

There are far, far, FAR superior and FREE options for PC Blu-ray software than what porting the XB1 player to Windows would offer.

Please point out where I stated a PC equivalent to the Series X can be built at a better pricepoint? I never said that. You injected that on your own.

And a PC cannot? Funny, I've bought many secondhand PC games & Steam allows for gifting and trading of games in your account.

I do not do any in-home game streaming or away from home game streaming. I only play from the PC directly connect to my tele so I guess I've never had a single one of those issues, including any PC incompatible bullshit even playing directly, thus zero pains in my ass. :)

14. tabzer

tabzer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    People in this thread are saying it, and though you don't say it, verbatim,you made the following quote that seems to suggest that you fall in the camp that the power of the new xbox isn't all that much in power for its price

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

In regards to controller support you said:

That's disingenuous. It's a hassle and everyone who games on PC knows it.

15. snobbysteven

snobbysteven Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Glad to see this gen of consoles, xbox at least, will have compariable performance to a high end pc right out of the gate. The ps4 and xbox one came out so far behind pc it was laughable. I prefer to play on pc, but it will be nice to play on the couch and have my games look close if not just as good as they do on pc.

16. DANTENDO

United Kingdom
    So yr saying god of war last of us horizon zero dawn spiderman uncharted 4 Bloodborne gran turismo tearaway until dawn infamous 2 ratchet and clank shadow of the colossus all were so far behind and laughable games - some of the crap I hear on here beggars belief lol

17. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    In the first instance you are completely injecting. Your second is pure opinion, just as my own comments are. There is absolutely zero hassle in this department for me personally. The "everyone" comment is far fetched.

18. snobbysteven

snobbysteven Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Ah yes, another person who can't read. I don't recall ever saying they had bad games. Just because a game is great doesn't mean the performance is great, almost all of the games you listed play at 30fps.

19. DANTENDO

United Kingdom
    And having yr pc playing with 60fps 100 plus fps and everything on highest settings what we talking as I said before least £1200 pc lol plus all the games I quoted got 9s and 10s out of ten so performance couldn't of really mattered

20. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

United States
    12 teraflops .. What is a teraflop .. I have 2 pairs of flip flops .....

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - teraflops, delivery, feature