Homebrew The Wii U Homebrew Request Thread

skittlez1250

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty self explanatory. Comment down below what homebrew you want to see on the Wii U. Try not to say things that are too unrealistic, like emulators for next gen consoles, or stupid things like that. Other than that, go nuts! Oh, and just a note to devs, if you see a request you want to do, please quote it saying you're going to do it so we don't have any confusion.

REQUESTS
Undertale
Doom (Ultimate and II)
Wolfenstein 3D
Mugen
Asteroids - @brienj - https://gbatemp.net/threads/ast-u-roids-v2-0-elf-for-homebrew-launcher.425045/
Simon
Arkanoid/Brick Breaker
Solitare
Cookie Clicker
Command and Conquer: Tiberium Dawn
Castlevania online
Nemesis online
Rockman 7/8 Famicom version
RPG Maker
Zelda Dungeon Maker
Alto's Adventure
Retroarch (all cores)
Computers:
Linux
x86
x68000
DOS
Consoles:
Gameboy/Gameboy Color/Gameboy Advance
NES
SNES
N64
PS1
PSP
Genesis
CD-i
DS with bottom screen on the Gamepad
Arcade:
MAME
Other:
Android
Kodi
Movie player
WiiMC
Cheat menu
Gamepad screen dimmer
Downgrader
Auto-update blocker
NAND backup/restore
Unity tester
Riivolution/HANS type app
Priiloader type app
GC-VPAD
Nintendont directly from the Homebrew Launcher
A CFW for blocking updates, accessing eshop, and removing region lock on discs
Recovery mode/Anti-brick
Screen streaming app
Manga reader
Savegame transfer to Loadiine
File viewer
Better screenshot tool
Camera
GC to Wii Remote
Comic book reader
Freeshop clone
Autoboot
VNC to Android
GBAtemp app
Easy mode for games
A rickroll. because why not.

Reactions: V800

PascalLeroi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It would be awesome to have syncthing available on Wii U! That way you could sync savefiles between Wii U and your other devices where you might have emulators with your backups.

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I think this post has been forgotten since loong time ago. Not even sure if developers are even taking a glance over here

Jilou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I hope they are looking here... They can make beautiful things like Nintendo DS emulator, Neo Geo emulator, Ppsspp (psp emulator), the new WiiSXRX (ps1 emulator) ... Thank you so much at those developpers !

Last edited by Jilou,
Reactions: ArgoRV

m_lance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty self explanatory. Comment down below what homebrew you want to see on the Wii U. Try not to say things that are too unrealistic, like emulators for next gen consoles, or stupid things like that. Other than that, go nuts! Oh, and just a note to devs, if you see a request you want to do, please quote it saying you're going to do it so we don't have any confusion.

REQUESTS
Undertale
Doom (Ultimate and II)
Wolfenstein 3D
Mugen
Asteroids - @brienj - https://gbatemp.net/threads/ast-u-roids-v2-0-elf-for-homebrew-launcher.425045/
Simon
Arkanoid/Brick Breaker
Solitare
Cookie Clicker
Castlevania online
Nemesis online
RPG Maker
Zelda Dungeon Maker
Alto's Adventure
Retroarch (all cores)
Computers:
Linux
x86
x68000
DOS
Consoles:
NES
SNES
N64
PS1
PSP
Genesis
CD-i
Arcade:
MAME
Other:
Android
Kodi
Movie player
WiiMC
Cheat menu
Gamepad screen dimmer
Downgrader
Auto-update blocker
NAND backup/restore
Unity tester
Priiloader type app
GC-VPAD
Recovery mode/Anti-brick
Screen streaming app
Manga reader
File viewer
Better screenshot tool
Camera
GC to Wii Remote
Comic book reader
Freeshop clone
Autoboot
VNC to Android
GBAtemp app
Easy mode for games

REQUESTS
Undertale
Doom (Ultimate and II)
Wolfenstein 3D
Mugen
Simon
Arkanoid/Brick Breaker
Solitare
Cookie Clicker
Castlevania online
Nemesis online
RPG Maker
Zelda Dungeon Maker
Alto's Adventure
Retroarch (all cores)
Computers:
Linux
x86
x68000
DOS
Consoles:
NES
SNES
N64
PS1
PSP
Genesis
CD-i
Arcade:
MAME
Other:
Android
Kodi
Movie player
WiiMC
Cheat menu
Gamepad screen dimmer
Downgrader
Auto-update blocker
NAND backup/restore
Unity tester
Priiloader type app
GC-VPAD
Recovery mode/Anti-brick
Screen streaming app
Manga reader
File viewer
Better screenshot tool
Camera
GC to Wii Remote
Comic book reader
Freeshop clone
Autoboot
VNC to Android
GBAtemp app
Easy mode for games

REQUESTS
Undertale
Doom (Ultimate and II)
Wolfenstein 3D
Mugen
Simon
Arkanoid/Brick Breaker
Solitare
Cookie Clicker
Castlevania online
Nemesis online
RPG Maker
Zelda Dungeon Maker
Alto's Adventure
Retroarch (all cores)
Computers:
Linux
x86
x68000
DOS
Consoles:
NES
SNES
N64
PS1
PSP
Genesis
CD-i
Arcade:
MAME
Other:
Android
Kodi
Movie player
WiiMC
Cheat menu
Gamepad screen dimmer
Downgrader
Auto-update blocker
NAND backup/restore
Unity tester
Priiloader type app
GC-VPAD
Recovery mode/Anti-brick
Screen streaming app
Manga reader
File viewer
Better screenshot tool
Camera
GC to Wii Remote
Comic book reader
Freeshop clone
Autoboot
VNC to Android
GBAtemp app
Easy mode for games
I’d like a app icon on the main screen to flip to 480p res, and an option to flip back to 1080

Reactions: meeeow

RangoMcRoony

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not entirely sure how this would work but hear me out.

There should be a homebrew mod that when launched allows a remote such as the pro controller to act as the gamepad.

This is because there are loads of games that only work with the gamepad but do not use any of the actual functions of the gamepad such as pullbox (or pushmo if you're playing the American version).

If this mod is done in collab with bloopair it might be possible to use a switch pro controller as the gamepad, thus utilizing motion control. I'm not sure if this is possible as I'm no developer so I don't know if this is possible.

Jilou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nulldc a Dreamcast emulator. The Wii U can emulate the Sega Dreamcast, we must give this chance to the Wii U !

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Nulldc a Dreamcast emulator. The Wii U can emulate the Sega Dreamcast, we must give this chance to the Wii U !
lol when you dont even have a wiiu native ps1/n64 emulator running going for dreamcast is way too much, when simpler consoles dont even have one,

• Haha
Reactions: BaamAlex

Jilou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not long ago, there are update for Wii64 and WiiSRX, on Wii U there is ppsspp (a PSP emulator) ... So nulldc why not ?!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Not long ago, there are update for Wii64 and WiiSRX, on Wii U there is ppsspp (a PSP emulator) ... So nulldc why not ?!
wii64 and wiisrx are wii emulators they work on wiiu through the wii hardware they dont run in wiiu mode.

So they dont even use the wiiu gpu GX2 which would need to be used to do any more demanding emulators.

Psp emulator is a proof of concept barely any game runs full speed, only the simplest 2d games run full speed, any 3d games just runs like total crap, and the dreamcast is way more recourse hungry then psp...

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

Jilou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Pretty much everywhere, for examples in gbatemp.net or there :

I play many hours on simple games on these emulators (like all Bomberman games, on ppsspp ridge racer 2 works well !)

I play WiiSRX with the GamePad Controller and I like it !

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220903-101957_Reddit.png
    Screenshot_20220903-101957_Reddit.png
    297.8 KB · Views: 60

Jilou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've got others console but the Wii U is my favorite console... I saw this video many years ago, it's not beautiful but for a rapid work it gives hope :
But yes you're right it'll be not easy to make a Dreamcast emulator on Wii U... However we've got again good programmers on Wii U scene, they make extraordinary works like GTA, Sonic Mania,...

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I've got others console but the Wii U is my favorite console... I saw this video many years ago, it's not beautiful but for a rapid work it gives hope :
But yes you're right it'll be not easy to make a Dreamcast emulator on Wii U... However we've got again good programmers on Wii U scene, they make extraordinary works like GTA, Sonic Mania,...

those are just source code ports... an emulator is totally different you cant just source code port an emulator, the dynarec alone its what makes an emulator run on weak cpu devices like wii/wiiu and such is extremely complex, porting a game and porting an emulator is entire different story.

You do know we wiiu fans made a bounty for ps1 dynarec on wiiu mode and it has been 5 years, and even with money being offered for the work (455$) no one wanted to make a ps1 dynarec for wiiu which is 10 times simpler than a dreamcast dynarec you can see the bounty here someone tryed it but gave up half way through saying it was too hard and too much work.The bounty is still open to this day to anyone who wants the job and yet no takers.
https://app.bountysource.com/issues...-port-of-either-beetle-psx-or-pcsx-r-emulator

so yeah a new emulator with dynarec for wiiu? i doubt it, porting future open source game projects and such? of course its much simpler work really.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer
Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
those are just source code ports... an emulator is totally different you cant just source code port an emulator, the dynarec alone its what makes an emulator run on weak cpu devices like wii/wiiu and such is extremely complex, porting a game and porting an emulator is entire different story.

You do know we wiiu fans made a bounty for ps1 dynarec on wiiu mode and it has been 5 years, and even with money being offered for the work (455$) no one wanted to make a ps1 dynarec for wiiu which is 10 times simpler than a dreamcast dynarec you can see the bounty here someone tryed it but gave up half way through saying it was too hard and too much work.The bounty is still open to this day to anyone who wants the job and yet no takers.
https://app.bountysource.com/issues...-port-of-either-beetle-psx-or-pcsx-r-emulator

so yeah a new emulator with dynarec for wiiu? i doubt it, porting future open source game projects and such? of course its much simpler work really.
it is actually coming along okay, but it seems that a dynarec alone doesn't get quiiite enough performance for fullspeed. while I advocate for just releasing it anyway other people on the project would prefer to iron out all the kinks first and do additional things like multithreading

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice