CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
EvilSakray said:
(Sorry If i'm not really clear, especially about the update thingy, I blame it on the fact of being french and having a poor english =D ) .......

........I see now :P
So in the end being on 3DS doesn't change one bit the upgrade process from being on a normal DS or DSi.
It only requires to make sure latest DSTwo firmware will support any Firmware you wish to upgrade to on your 3DS and to install it before updating your 3DS......
No probs - we're here to help where ever possible...
... BTW Your English is a lot better than my French :lol: ;)

fairytale.trash

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm new to the DS scene and am having some troubles with getting this to work. I have a 3DS and a DSi and I can't get it working on either one. The 3DS is running Version 2.1.0-4E and the DSi is running version 1.4.3A which so far as I can tell should mean that it would work on both of them. My DSTWOs arrived a couple of days ago, but I've been unable to get either one working while following this guide.

The DSi shows me the black screens top and bottom with the text "An error has ovvurred. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for details."

The 3DS shows me a while bottom screen and a light blue top screen with the text "NO FIND SYSTEM FILES".

I have rerun this process several times and after each failure and rereading of the guide and other guides that I have found I start again. I've found that the microSD card appears to be continuously being corrupted somehow. Each time I start again and put the microSD card into the computer it comes up as unformatted.

Any pointers to what I could be doing wrong would be appreciated.

To answer the inevitable questions:
the microSD card is a Kingston 8GB card
I'm running windows 7 x64
3DS firmware 2.1.0-4E
DSi firmware 1.4.3A
EOS version 1.11 (full folder name on extraction 28835-EOS 1.11 (5-21-12)
EOS DSTWO patch from 6-26-12
DSTWO purchased from ozmodchips.com

thanks

fairytale.trash

Trophies
XP
Country
Tried another MicroSD? Kingston cards (especially ones gotten from import shops) can be shady, since Kingston doesn't actually make cards, they resell cards from other factories.

thankyou. Just tried a card from my phone. Backed it up and performed the steps the same as I have been and it works :)

Melhisedek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks a lot!
2 more questions :)

1. I'm really used to CycloDS text reader ingame which had to be formated a special way and than it would show up a lot cleaner than DSTwo one. Sadly it didn't work with DSTwo, I also tried unedited text file but it also got out really garbled so I wonder if I'm doing something wrong? Should I be formating the txt files some special way or something in order for text to be shown correctly
(I presume problem is with linebreak... so all ascii maps for example or Table of contents will be all wrong in text reader)

2. I was under the impression that you could display text ingame, not within the Real Time Menu but right on top of the game. Is that true or have I gravely missunderstood something
(I thought it would be great idea to be able to show text right ingame but perhaps it is to much to ask ;)

Thank you for your time!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
It needs a certain number of characters per-line to look correct, so yeah it's the linebreaks.

And no, the text doesn't go overtop of the actual game. That's really messy (from a coding perspective as DS-mode is relatively simple, no MMU, no hypervisor, not even an actual OS that the game runs on), so it's something that would likely need to be modified for every game that came out, which is why it's not done. Instead the card pauses the game and returns to it's own menu/programming in order to display things.

Melhisedek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Any info on what number of characters per line it should have to look ok? So I can try and see if it works?
Oh and I would kill to be able to scroll left and right as well :)

Melhisedek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sadly no luck :( It gets even more garbled if I try to use any kind of line break :( This page shows it very well (although it uses supercard one I believe):

http://dsdatabase.org/cdevsscds5.html

Does DSTwo team have an ear for feature requests :) ?

Doesn't it bother you guys? The garbled text reader ingame?

phtt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've had my DSTwo for two years now and I've been having problems for around a month: The DSTwo is recognized by the DSi and is displayed in the menu but it's very hard to get it to boot.

I'll basically need to reinsert the DSTwo and the microsd around ten times before getting it to boot then when I succeed it usually freezes in the first 5 minutes. I'm thinking it might be an sdcard reader issue as the DSTwo is detected by the DSi. I don't think the sdcard in itself is at fault since I tried with another one (that's usually in my phone and never had a problem) and it didn't work either and I don't have any trouble reading the sdcard with my computer.

It's really very annoying as I don't want to cash out 50 bucks again for a product that went out of warranty like a week ago...

Any ideas?

del1357

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, need some help please!

Using a 3DS XL, latest firmware for 3DS and DSTWO. Everything working fine until today. Alex Rider shows up as usual on the home screen, I go into that and get the normal choice between DS, GBA, SNES.

I choose DS, then try to load a game. Top screen goes white, bottom screen has options screen (game guide, save, slow motion, cheat code, etc).

I try to leave that screen but it just loops back to it every time.

I've removed all games and saves, and put one or two back to try, but same things happens.

GBA and SNES roms play fine, this only happens to DS roms.

Appreciate any advice if anyone know what's going on!

Replaced all the system files and now it works fine, d'oh...

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does DSTwo team have an ear for feature requests :) ?
Not so much.
Doesn't it bother you guys? The garbled text reader ingame?
The only thing that is messed up with it is maps and charts, but I can usually figure out the charts anyway.
So I've had my DSTwo for two years now and I've been having problems for around a month: The DSTwo is recognized by the DSi and is displayed in the menu but it's very hard to get it to boot.

I'll basically need to reinsert the DSTwo and the microsd around ten times before getting it to boot then when I succeed it usually freezes in the first 5 minutes. I'm thinking it might be an sdcard reader issue as the DSTwo is detected by the DSi. I don't think the sdcard in itself is at fault since I tried with another one (that's usually in my phone and never had a problem) and it didn't work either and I don't have any trouble reading the sdcard with my computer.

It's really very annoying as I don't want to cash out 50 bucks again for a product that went out of warranty like a week ago...

Any ideas?
It's not $50, it's $40 max that you should be paying. As for the problem, all you can really do is clean the contacts and try the "paper trick".

Yokat

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone tell me how to change the button layout properly? I know I can find it under 'tools' but it wont let me change the B button.. almost every other combination works - but never having the B button as standard jump!!

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone tell me how to change the button layout properly? I know I can find it under 'tools' but it wont let me change the B button.. almost every other combination works - but never having the B button as standard jump!!
I assume you're talking about NDSGBA, which I believe doesn't allow the reassignment of the B button. There's nothing you can do about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: