Hacking The SuperCard DSTWO Beginner's Guide: How to Setup the DSTWO

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks so much! I just created a folder named '_dstwo' at the root of the card and moved everything to it and it instantly worked when I started the console with it :)
Cool, I'm glad it worked :)
I guess the guide on this post could make that clear, so where it says:

"3. Download the latest EOS from the top of this page and extract the files in the archive to the root of your MicroSD Card"

it could better say:

"3. Create a folder named '_dstwo' on the root of your MicroSD Card, download the latest EOS from the top of this page and extract the files in the archive to the _dstwo folder"

I tried to tag the OP that created the guide, Terminator02 but it doesn't show up when I tried
It must be taken into consideration that this is a very old thread, some participants are no longer too active or have moved on, many links are dead even links leading to other forum threads, since the creation of this thread the forum has changed a lot and some things have not been kept and then we must also keep in mind that at the time it was new so under development and therefore dedicated to change.

Configuring a DSTwo or a DSTwo + in 2023 is a real archivist's job and not everything will be findable.

It is also for this reason that making a ready-to-use pack will be long, luckily, I kept a lot of things on an old PC, but I have to sort it out, create documentation for a easy and clear use, because the DSTwo (+) is really interesting with a 32GB sd card but it is even more so with a 64GB or 128GB card but that involves a fairly tedious two-step installation and then you also have to think to a pack compatible with an EZ Flash 3in1, undoubtedly the best combo (DS Lite + DSTwo (+) + EZ Flash 3in1) for the DS Lite bringing this small console to an almost equivalent level or even better (depending on the applications) to the DSi in terms of performance.

BeRNLeiGHToN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Cool, I'm glad it worked :)

It must be taken into consideration that this is a very old thread, some participants are no longer too active or have moved on, many links are dead even links leading to other forum threads, since the creation of this thread the forum has changed a lot and some things have not been kept and then we must also keep in mind that at the time it was new so under development and therefore dedicated to change.

Configuring a DSTwo or a DSTwo + in 2023 is a real archivist's job and not everything will be findable.

It is also for this reason that making a ready-to-use pack will be long, luckily, I kept a lot of things on an old PC, but I have to sort it out, create documentation for a easy and clear use, because the DSTwo (+) is really interesting with a 32GB sd card but it is even more so with a 64GB or 128GB card but that involves a fairly tedious two-step installation and then you also have to think to a pack compatible with an EZ Flash 3in1, undoubtedly the best combo (DS Lite + DSTwo (+) + EZ Flash 3in1) for the DS Lite bringing this small console to an almost equivalent level or even better (depending on the applications) to the DSi in terms of performance.
Ah ok, I had asked precisely that in my previous comments and another used had replied that everything was up to date. I will then put on an archivist hat on :)

And you mentioned 32Gb as ideal, do you mean that the 16Gb microsd card that came with the dstwo might end up filling up? I have a couple of 32Gbs sitting around somewhere

Reactions: Indy13

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ah ok, I had asked precisely that in my previous comments and another used had replied that everything was up to date.
I think what @Blauhasenpopo meant is that since the supercard team stopped development of the DSTwo the files at the beginning of the thread have been updated, by the way you can see it on the first post that dates from 2011 and was last edited in 2015 (year of release of the DSTwo+) :)

I will then put on an archivist hat on :)
yes-indiana.gif

And you mentioned 32Gb as ideal, do you mean that the 16Gb microsd card that came with the dstwo might end up filling up? I have a couple of 32Gbs sitting around somewhere
No, in fact it depends on what you want to do with it, personally, I always try to put as much as possible on my micro sd hence the need for a large storage capacity for me, 16GB is good but if you install DS2Linux with FBA games, Mega CD games, Neo Geo CD, OpenBOR and PS1, 16GB may not do much especially if you install before NitroGrafx with PC Engine CD games, afterwards if you have micro sd of 32GB in stock, you can use your 16GB micro sd to do tests and familiarize yourself with the DSTwo and its applications and later do a final installation on a 32GB micro sd :)

Reactions: BeRNLeiGHToN

Toptierboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Any way you might be able to help me? I have a dstwo plus and when I’m playing my games it will randomly freeze, so I reset my ds lite and then when it turns back on it won’t read my dstwo plus. So I have to repeatedly insert and remove my dstwo+ until it finally reads it. I made a thread about it where I go into more detail on the Nintendo ds forums if perhaps you could please help

Last edited by Toptierboy,

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Any way you might be able to help me? I have a dstwo plus and when I’m playing my games it will randomly freeze, so I reset my ds lite and then when it turns back on it won’t read my dstwo plus. So I have to repeatedly insert and remove my dstwo+ until it finally reads it. I made a thread about it where I go into more detail on the Nintendo ds forums if perhaps you could please help
You should check this thread ;)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/dstwo-not-making-proper-contact-with-my-ds-lite.634036/#post-10176534

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto