1. Cookykeks

Cookykeks Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Is there a way to still buy a supercard? I dont find anything in the internet :/

2. boots_n_cats

boots_n_cats Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Not really. They show up second-hand sometimes but even then they are overpriced. $100 minimum and that is way too much for a flashcart that can run some mediocre emulators and has better RTS & in-game menu.

3. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Official Cubi™ Genderfluid Gang!

Antarctica
    $100 for a cart that used to range from 40$ to 70$ is highway robbery.

The Real Jdbye likes this.
  4. CeeDee

CeeDee art by @x65943

United States
    It's a shame that - at least as far as I know - they just don't make much good flash carts anymore. Was shocked to learn that they stopped producing the r4ids.cn cards. Do they still make any that aren't the weird ones with a year and a time bomb?

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Mar 6, 2021
    Lilith Valentine and CeeDee like this.
  6. Cookykeks

Cookykeks Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Hmm sad :/ Do you think a flashcard or a hacked 3DS is easier for playing hacks for NDS Games on my 3DS 11.14?

7. emcintosh

emcintosh On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat

United Kingdom
    A hacked 3DS will be cheaper as you don't need to buy additional hardware. But flashcards will have better compatibility - see https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LRTkXOUXraTMjg1eedz_f7b5jiuyMv2x6e_jY_nyHSc/edit#gid=0. So if you want to play Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, that's really your only option.

If you have a N3DS, getting out your SD card to add games might be annoying (unless you use the wifi microSD manager from System Settings) compared to a flashcard.
    And if you can find a reasonably-priced DSTwo, it has the additional advantage of having save states.

You should definitely check out Sono's improvements to the scaling of DS games on 3DS - https://gbatemp.net/threads/twpatcher-ds-i-mode-screen-filters-and-patches.542694/. Nintendo decided to get around 1.25x scaling looking uneven by blurring everything. I prefer Sono's crisp filter that keeps the original pixels and only interpolates the extra fifth one.

8. Cookykeks

Cookykeks Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Thank you currently, the only games I am Interested in are hacks for NSMB and SM64. Are there still good flashcards compatible with 11.14.?

9. boots_n_cats

boots_n_cats Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    They make the 208 in 1 (really every XXX in 1). They are Ace3DS+ clones that run wood firmware. I wouldn't call them great but they are better than any of the R4i 20XX and don't have a timebomb.

10. boots_n_cats

boots_n_cats Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I've found ndsbootstrap struggles with romhacks. I'd recommend the 208-in-1 I mentioned in my previous post. You can just ditch the SD card and ROMs it comes with and you are left with a pretty decent flashcart. Kernel files are available here (http://ace3ds.com/ace-3ds-download.html)

Apologies if this thread is getting off topic since this isn't really Supercard related (except to the extent that you really can't buy one so suggesting an alternative seems appropriate :unsure:)

11. R4Liam

R4Liam Artsy Dude

Hi, is there any way to auto-boot into a homebrew app of my choice on startup? Thanks

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - SuperCard, Beginners, DSTWO