Hacking The SuperCard DSTWO Beginner's Guide: How to Setup the DSTWO

boots_n_cats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a way to still buy a supercard? I dont find anything in the internet :/
Not really. They show up second-hand sometimes but even then they are overpriced. $100 minimum and that is way too much for a flashcart that can run some mediocre emulators and has better RTS & in-game menu.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not really. They show up second-hand sometimes but even then they are overpriced. $100 minimum and that is way too much for a flashcart that can run some mediocre emulators and has better RTS & in-game menu.
$100 for a cart that used to range from 40$ to 70$ is highway robbery.

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a shame that - at least as far as I know - they just don't make much good flash carts anymore. Was shocked to learn that they stopped producing the r4ids.cn cards. Do they still make any that aren't the weird ones with a year and a time bomb?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm sad :/ Do you think a flashcard or a hacked 3DS is easier for playing hacks for NDS Games on my 3DS 11.14?

A hacked 3DS will be cheaper as you don't need to buy additional hardware. But flashcards will have better compatibility - see https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LRTkXOUXraTMjg1eedz_f7b5jiuyMv2x6e_jY_nyHSc/edit#gid=0. So if you want to play Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, that's really your only option.

If you have a N3DS, getting out your SD card to add games might be annoying (unless you use the wifi microSD manager from System Settings) compared to a flashcard.
And if you can find a reasonably-priced DSTwo, it has the additional advantage of having save states.

You should definitely check out Sono's improvements to the scaling of DS games on 3DS - https://gbatemp.net/threads/twpatcher-ds-i-mode-screen-filters-and-patches.542694/. Nintendo decided to get around 1.25x scaling looking uneven by blurring everything. I prefer Sono's crisp filter that keeps the original pixels and only interpolates the extra fifth one.

Cookykeks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you currently, the only games I am Interested in are hacks for NSMB and SM64. Are there still good flashcards compatible with 11.14.?

boots_n_cats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's a shame that - at least as far as I know - they just don't make much good flash carts anymore. Was shocked to learn that they stopped producing the r4ids.cn cards. Do they still make any that aren't the weird ones with a year and a time bomb?
They make the 208 in 1 (really every XXX in 1). They are Ace3DS+ clones that run wood firmware. I wouldn't call them great but they are better than any of the R4i 20XX and don't have a timebomb.

boots_n_cats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you currently, the only games I am Interested in are hacks for NSMB and SM64. Are there still good flashcards compatible with 11.14.?

I've found ndsbootstrap struggles with romhacks. I'd recommend the 208-in-1 I mentioned in my previous post. You can just ditch the SD card and ROMs it comes with and you are left with a pretty decent flashcart. Kernel files are available here (http://ace3ds.com/ace-3ds-download.html)

Apologies if this thread is getting off topic since this isn't really Supercard related (except to the extent that you really can't buy one so suggesting an alternative seems appropriate :unsure:)

BeRNLeiGHToN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello, I recently purchased a dstwo and I am a total newbie. I stumbled upon this forum guide for setting the dstwo up and was wondering if all in it is still valid, and links to stuff to download goes to latest versions. Thank you!

BeRNLeiGHToN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
After I copied the EOS files and folders to the root of the sdcard, insert it to the DS Lite and turning it on, I get a rectangle that says "dstwo www.supercard.sc" and when I click on it, the top screen turns blue with a big text that reads: "NO FIND SYSTEM FILES". Any idea what could be the issue?

Last edited by BeRNLeiGHToN,

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
After I copied the EOS files and folders to the root of the sdcard, insert it to the DS Lite and turning it on, I get a rectangle that says "dstwo www.supercard.sc" and when I click on it, the top screen turns blue with a big text that reads: "NO FIND SYSTEM FILES". Any idea what could be the issue?
can you take a screenshot of the root of your sd card, please?

Reactions: BeRNLeiGHToN

BeRNLeiGHToN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
can you take a screenshot of the root of your sd card, please?
1685782213637.png

Post automatically merged:

Is there anything outstanding there? What could be the issue?

Reactions: Indy13

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok, normally all those files must be in a folder named : _dstwo

I'm attaching mine just in case.

it's been a long time since I touched my DSTwo so sorry in advance if I make some mistakes but don't worry, we'll find out

Well then with the archive that I am attaching to you it should work but try anyway before putting all the files you have on the root of the sd card in a directory named: _dstwo

Attachments

• dstwo.rar
    7.3 MB · Views: 31
Reactions: BeRNLeiGHToN

BeRNLeiGHToN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks so much! I just created a folder named '_dstwo' at the root of the card and moved everything to it and it instantly worked when I started the console with it :)

I guess the guide on this post could make that clear(or more newbie friendly), so where it says:

"3. Download the latest EOS from the top of this page and extract the files in the archive to the root of your MicroSD Card"

it could better say:

"3. Create a folder named '_dstwo' on the root of your MicroSD Card, download the latest EOS from the top of this page and extract the files in the archive to the _dstwo folder"

I tried to tag the OP that created the guide, Terminator02 but it doesn't show up when I tried

Reactions: Indy13

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay