Country
United States

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked because he said there were parts I can skip, but going all the way to part 4, seems like I'd be skipping way too much
Basically, this is how the guide is set up.

Part 1, covers how to setup menuhax, via way of browserhax, you replace this with your choice of homebrew entry, if you don't have a working browser or are on 10.6 / 10.7.

Part 2, covers the downgrade procedure to 9.2, if on 9.3-11.0 (with 11.0, you also need a hardmod) - If you are below 9.0-9.2, you follow the 9.2.0 update section instead. You are on 9.0, so you can skip this. 9.0-9.2 all work the same.

Part 3, covers setting up your first RedNAND with Luma3DS as your CFW. You can just do the CFW side, if you want to do via way of Luma3DS, and skip the creation steps for the RedNAND. Luma3DS should work fine on a GW EmuNAND.

Part 4, covers the 2.1 downgrade procedure, and at the end of it, you'll be on 2.1

Part 5, continues right where part 4 ended things off, and quickly gets you set up with A9LH by installing A9LH from 2.1, then goes on to returning you back to an updated sysNAND only environment with Luma3DS as the CFW of choice.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
just finished transferring my luggage to sysNAND,it was sweet ride.
tried to boot to GW sysnand A9LH and greeted with a confirmation message if i really want to boot to A9LH sysnand.
okey? what other options do i have? why even put that message? it's stupid.

i am using GW4.0b, if i used GW 3.7.1 it well go?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried the browserhax site in the guide, it seems to be down. Anyone know another site I could go to?
It's down. You'll have to wait until it's back up. I am not of aware of any alternatives. Sorry. Maybe someone else can chime in on an alternative.

just finished transferring my luggage to sysNAND,it was sweet ride.
tried to boot to GW sysnand A9LH and greeted with a confirmation message if i really want to boot to A9LH sysnand.
okey? what other options do i have? why even put that message? it's stupid.

i am using GW4.0b, if i used GW 3.7.1 it well go?
You can use the 3.7.1 Launcher.dat just fine with GW's a9lh.bin payload.

Reactions: aos10

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
also,why DS games are not supported in GW sysnand? that stupid.
GBA games don't crash the system with message,just black screen.
i went to system settings and found just the update number without "GW",but i think this can be fixed easily in the final version.

Last edited by aos10,

skydancer93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also,why DS games are not supported in GW sysnand? that stupid.
GBA games don't crash the system with message,just black screen.
i went to system settings and found just the update number without "GW" or "ver." , but i think this can be fixed easily in the final version.

This and the unbricking are why I'm seriously considering giving Luma a shot.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I did create it with GW's menu. So, I'm pretty much screwed then? I'm trying to go from Gateway to Luma 3DS

I would try it first. I did not get any errors with my old EmuNANDs.

Just tried the browserhax site in the guide, it seems to be down. Anyone know another site I could go to?

That's what I use often myself (if I'm at home), because I have a .png of the QR code. Though I have a Sky Blue and Sky+ I can use when it's down. Someone should make it available to run locally from your own web server. Fortunately, it does not go down often.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
I always suggest having hard copies of Cubic Ninja or a Sky3ds for situations like this, since servers go down often and cannot be reliable, plus who knows how long in the future it will stay up completely.

Best thing nowadays is Sky3ds and have all exploitable games on the card, since it's cheaper and easily obtainable than scalped CN, and now the newly release Freakyforms.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

can i use GW on updated sysnand mode?

If you're talking A9lh/luma then yes you can but only on V1 a9lh. You can use Debs fork of A9lh for GW on V2, yet Aurora's fork of V2 Safea9lh currently does not support GW

Last edited by retrofan_k,

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yes but memchunkhex was patched it wont downgrade

I always suggest having hard copies of Cubic Ninja or a Sky3ds for situations like this, since servers go down often and cannot be reliable, plus who knows how long in the future it will stay up completely.

Best thing nowadays is Sky3ds and have all exploitable games on the card, since it's cheaper and easily obtainable than scalped CN, and now the newly release Freakyforms.

If you're talking A9lh/luma then yes you can but only on V1 a9lh. You can use Debs fork of A9lh for GW on V2, yet Aurora's fork of V2 Safea9lh currently does not support GW

can you give me a link to debs v2 fork?

abdellbobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Screenshot_2016-06-13-11-25-36.png

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus

skydancer93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those of you that had the guide and already had GW's EmuNAND to move to Luna 3DS, which step did you start at? Don't want to skip over anything that I don't need to

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Those of you that had the guide and already had GW's EmuNAND to move to Luna 3DS, which step did you start at? Don't want to skip over anything that I don't need to
i already had GW emunand,but before i start with part 4, i put luma3DS in my 3DS to know how it works with menuhax.
then did the downgrade to 2.1 to get the OTP files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.