Ninjhax QR codes suddenly not working on my 3DS systems?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by thebatdadd, Jul 14, 2015.

1. thebatdadd
    OP

thebatdadd GBAtemp Regular

Jun 26, 2013
    United States
    I own 4 3DS systems (2DS, japanese N3DS, American N3DS XL, and a 'old' regular 3DS). Sometimes when I want to run cubic ninja on a particular system, I have to delete the save data in cubic ninja and rescan the QR code. I've been doing this for months and there's been no problem.

However, tonight the QR codes won't work. I've tried on both my 9.0 FW American N3DS XL and 9.2 FW 'old' regular 3DS. I have wifi enabled and when I test the connection in the 3DS settings, there's no issue. I enter the correct FW as I've done countless times in the past on Smealum's ninjhax site, scan the QR code for the corresponding FW, and then the system just freezes up before it loads up the install exploit screen. This happens on both systems.

Anyone else encountering this? I'm stumped and have no idea what's going on. Since it's happening on both of my systems I doubt it's an issue with my 3DS systems. Maybe my internet is acting slow or something despite working?

2. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    I just tried it and it took like 60 seconds from when the qr was scanned to when it let me install

3. thebatdadd
    OP

Jun 26, 2013
    United States
    Ahh thanks for the help, I only waited maybe 30 seconds because I figured it got stuck. I'll try again and wait longer. Wonder why it's hanging now...

4. Kracken

Kracken GBAtemp Regular

Jan 12, 2015
    United States
    It has been slow as well for me on multiple occasions. Sometimes it takes 10 seconds, sometimes 45. Likely server side and not on the user's.

5. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    these ninjhax exploits rely on downloading a small payload.bin file from his server, which has been acting up lately. (in fact he's hosting ninjhax 2.0 elsewhere because of this)

You can serve the exploits to yourself or inject the savedatafiler data with these.

WhoAmI? likes this.
  6. Ronhero

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Yes the server downloads a payload hence why it there is no ninjahax on n3ds 8.1 jpn

Yes I have used SDF to import the saves with no problems

7. thebatdadd
    OP

Jun 26, 2013
    United States
    Yep, waiting for a little longer worked. Well now I just feel foolish haha. Thanks for the help guys

8. Ronhero

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    It's just very ironic that I am launching it too and as soon as I saw your thread posted mine booted haha

9. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    How do you serve the exploit it yourself? I would like to do this just in case the server goes permanently offline and I can no longer install the exploit.

10. Ronhero

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    I don't think you can, you can rip the save with SDF or NTR

11. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Oh ok, so I'd install NH into the save file on my CN cart, rip the save file and backup on my computer, then if I need to reinstall and the server is down I can restore the save file. Is that right?

12. Ronhero

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Yes that's correct but in theory until 9.x mset on the n3ds you will need a o3ds to load the save

13. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    What if I use a PowerSaves? Would that work?

14. Ronhero

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    In theory yes but I have never tried it so I can not say for sure

15. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Ok, thanks. I'll get a PowerSaves and try it once NH2 is out.

16. Ronhero

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Sounds good, I have been meaning to make a full collection of all the different saves for the different regions but have been lazy

17. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    I'll report back to let you know if it worked :)

18. vatrak

vatrak Member

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2015
    Canada
    RegionFour doesn't work anymore for me on 9.9 with a sky3ds. It just crashes after a few seconds. Tried reinstalling the exploit and it does the same :s

19. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Just reporting back - yes, Powersaves will backup the saved games from the Cubic Ninja cart. This includes the installed Ninjhax exploit. I tested this as follows:
    1. Installed Ninjhax 2.0 to my CN cart and verified that the Homebrew Launcher worked
    2. Backed up the save file using Powersaves
    3. Went back into CN, erased the saves, and verified that access to the exploit was no longer available (to check it was definitely deleted)
    4. Restored the save file using Powersaves
    5. Went back into CN and homebrew access was immediately available again without needing to reinstall the exploit
    I'll keep this Powersaves backup on my Mac just in case I need to reinstall Ninjhax and it's either not available any more or I don't have Internet access for some reason.

20. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    I have stumbled across this issue now with ninjhax attempting to load the homebrew menu on a 9.2E console, yet it crashes and then tells me to power of the system. I have tried installing it to the cart, erasing the cart, tried booting it without it saving to the cart and every time it crashes, forcing a hard shutdown. I have never had this before and have used it on a few machines the past year.

Is the server down that installs the payload? I wanted to try the menuhax browser method but heard that is down too and I have no other entry points to use atm.