Hacking The status of Gateway and A9LH

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After you test it would you mind telling me how it works. I am not able to test it yet.
Download the ‘arm9loaderhax.bin' file that Gateway posted on their site. You'll still need to use Launcher.dat, so download 3.7.1 / 4.0a /4.0b.

Then depending on the setup you want, will depend on how you use it. I still recommend you put it in the payloads folder of luma3ds, then just hold that button press at boot time. The reason I say this is because I still don't think Gateway has implemented Firm0/Firm1 protection on their Launcher.dat, and as such updating with it is risky.

neat, i read the guide of liomajor.
we need to install the provided stage bins , like the payload stage 1/2 that i got when i installed noscreeninit a9lh ?

i used safea9lhinstaller to install those stage bin files, can i use safea9lhinstaller to install the ones liomajor provided?
There is no reason to use liomajor's workaround anymore. The arm9loaderhax that Gateway3DS just released works just fine. It stills need the Launcher.dat though, from the small test I've done. Doesn't boot if I don't have it.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
@Kazuma77 sorry if this has been asked before mate, but what are those firm0 firm1 files? you mean firm 90 firm10.x the one we used to have in the luma(aurei) folder?

i know those files, and i have them my otp too. (but i do not know the secret sector bin.. where do i get that from again?)

Download the ‘arm9loaderhax.bin' file that Gateway posted on their site. You'll still need to use Launcher.dat, so download 3.7.1 / 4.0a /4.0b.

Then depending on the setup you want, will depend on how you use it. I still recommend you put it in the payloads folder of luma3ds, then just hold that button press at boot time. The reason I say this is because I still don't think Gateway has implemented Firm0/Firm1 protection on their Launcher.dat, and as such updating with it is risky.

There is no reason to use liomajor's workaround anymore. The arm9loaderhax that Gateway3DS just released works just fine. It stills need the Launcher.dat though, from the small test I've done. Doesn't boot if I don't have it.

wait what? how? o O

can we load it just like, renaming it to lets say 'Gate_X' and then put it into the payload folder and load it with X pressed on boot , while having launcher dat inside root and it will work like that?

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

TheGreek Boy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Greece

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what about gateway"s a9lh.bin its that secuere?

Damn, I just checked their site a few minutes ago and that wasn't there. That was fast. OK, just use that I guess, then.

@Kazuma77 sorry if this has been asked before mate, but what are those firm0 firm1 files? you mean firm 90 firm10.x the one we used to have in the luma(aurei) folder?

i know those files, and i have them my otp too. (but i do not know the secret sector bin.. where do i get that from again?)

wait what? how? o O

can we load it just like, renaming it to lets say 'Gate_X' and then put it into the payload folder and load it with X pressed on boot , while having launcher dat inside root and it will work like that?

The firm0.bin (decrypted 9.0 NF) firm1.bin (decrypted 10.2 NF) and secret_sector.bin files are included in a part of Plaillect's guide as "data_input.zip", but, it looks like GW actually has an "arm9loaderhax.bin" out now. So, just rename that to whatever you want it on (actually it would be "x_Gate.bin" -- button then the name).

Last edited by Kazuma77,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait what? how? o O
It's on Gateway's site. Link: http://www.gateway-3ds.com/

Just download it, along with the Launcher.dat of your choice. 3.7.1 / 4.0a / 4.0b - and if you have Luma3DS, just put it in your payloads folder, and name it to whatever button press you want it to activate.
Link: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Other-features-and-notes#payload-chainloading
I have mine as down_GW9.bin inside the payloads folder. As well as the Launcher.dat on the root of my SD.

I am personally using 4.0a, as 4.0b has a nag when booting into sysNAND.

can we unistall -@liomajor payload stages?
You'd have to run SafeA9LHInstaller again, with the files you had before, as well as your console specific OTP.bin.

D

Deleted User

I put the gw arm9loaderhax.bin in my payloads folder, named it b_Gateway.bin and put the launcher.dat in the root of my sd. It did not work.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq

Just download it, along with the Launcher.dat of your choice. 3.7.1 / 4.0a / 4.0b - and if you have Luma3DS, just put it in your payloads folder, and name it to whatever button press you want it to activate.
Link: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Other-features-and-notes#payload-chainloading
I have mine as down_GW9.bin inside the payloads folder. As well as the Launcher.dat on the root of my SD.

You'd have to run SafeA9LHInstaller again, with the files you had before, as well as your console specific OTP.bin.

holy sheep, and it works just like loading any payload? thats sweet !

TheGreek Boy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Greece

i need to download the original payload_stage1.bin and payload_stage2.bin?

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put the gw arm9loaderhax.bin in my payloads folder, named it b_Gateway.bin and put the launcher.dat in the root of my sd. It did not work.

I don't think B is a valid hotkey for Luma. By default it is reserved for booting your second emunand, so, just like A (which is normally used for persistence override), or select (which is normally used for the config menu), you would have to hold L with it if it is a valid hotkey.

Last edited by Kazuma77,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users