The original Resident Evil from 1996 has received a rating for PC in Europe

GQVY35NXgAA63Ie.jpeg

Gaming news website Gematsu has recently spotted a brand new rating listing for the original Resident Evil (1996).

While the original Resident Evil did end up being released for PC/Windows back in the day (1996 in Japan, 1997 in North America/Europe), the original hasn't seen any kind of new re-release for PC since then. The original Resident Evil 2 and 3 are also in a similar instance with all of the classic trilogy not having modern releases for PC (or availability in general outside of PS Store).

Although, in the case of 2 & 3, they did end up getting a re-release for PC on 2006, however, this re-release was exclusive to Japan, and was made by SourceNext, the company which also worked on the initial PC port of Resident Evil 4.

Capcom still hasn't given any statement regarding this possibly leaked rating, but fans have jumped into the rumours claiming that this could be hinting at a modern/remastered release of the original Resident Evil for modern consoles and PC, with some also hoping to see the original Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis getting a similar treatment and have the classic trilogy available through a wide variety of consoles and PC.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I do hope that Capcom brings all the classic trilogy into modern systems to be honest.
And if they give them the Remastered treatment like the Tomb Raider trilogy got, it'd be my definitive way to play them.
It's all I want, please Capcom give us the original Resident Evil trilogy already (and Code Veronica X HD for modern systems and PC while you're at it too please)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hopefully it'll have the new features from the DS version!
Or better yet, all the features from all the ports put into one.
Imagine having the Dual Shock features, alongside the option to switch OSTs on the fly. and all the other perks from the older PC port.
That'd be the definitive version of RE1, and I hope Capcom puts on the effort to do this for RE2, since that's the one with the most features sprinkled throughout all its ports.
I'd be happy if the RE2 port has at least the EX Files ported over from the N64 version into it.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully we'll get to relive the magical Director's Cut Basement theme! It's the theme that plays as Chris comes home hammered at 2am, and trips all over the furniture in a basement. Also, here's a guy who "fixes" the infamous basement theme, and it sounds pretty good.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hopefully we'll get to relive the magical Director's Cut Basement theme! It's the theme that plays as Chris comes home hammered at 2am, and trips all over the furniture in a basement. Also, here's a guy who "fixes" the infamous basement theme, and it sounds pretty good.

I did hear that one, and it sounds awesome with the new soundfont.
Hopefully, they give us the option to switch OSTs, and also implement all of the costumes and features scattered around ports into it as well.

diggeloid

Alex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ah, good 'ol Clowns Farting In The Basement written by a guy pretending to be deaf so he could claim to be Japan's Beethoven.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: OMG it's soooo ugly