Capcom confirms work on more Resident Evil remakes

img-3348-1701429292437.jpg

Yoshiaki Hirabayashi & Yasuhiro Anbo. Image credit to IGN.
Capcom has been on a streak of successful remakes when it comes to Resident Evil, and since the inception of their RE Engine starting with Resident Evil 7, their subsequent entries using the engine have been well received, mainly focusing on their remakes of Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3 (which has been the most criticized due to content), and their most recent one, Resident Evil 4.

In a recent interview with IGN Japan made during a PlayStation Paterns Awards event in Japan, the director for the Resident Evil 4 Remake, Yasuhiro Anpo was asked if Capcom was still interested in making remakes, to which he gave a solid "Yes" for an answer, adding the following:

Yasuhiro Anbo said:
We’ve released three remakes so far and they have all been received very well. Since it allows a modern audience to play these games, it is something I am happy to do as someone that loves these older games, and we want to continue doing more.

What game we will remake in the future is something that we would like to announce in the future, so please look forward to it.

When developing a new game, there is no way to know what will be received well by the players, which makes it difficult. In the case of a remake, there are already players that have played the original, which I think can be seen as an advantage.

We are very grateful to users that are vocal about their opinion. It allows us to develop with the player’s opinion in mind. For example, if this is how the players feel, then maybe we can make it like this. I think this is one of the reasons why our remakes are so well received.

After the huge success of the Resident Evil 4 Remake, and with the comments and confirmation by Yasuhiro Anbo himself, it's almost a given that we'll end up seeing yet another Resident Evil remake down the line, but as to which one that is, it's still unknown.

Fans have been claimouring for a Code: Veronica remake before the RE4 one got announced, and some recent rumours seem to fuel the instance that indeed Code: Veronica is the next one down the line, which could further cement the development of Albert Wesker after his extended appearance in the Resident Evil 4 Remake, and his involvement in the Rockfort/Antartica incidents during Code: Veronica's plotline to set him up as the main antagonist for an eventual Resident Evil 5 Remake, if Capcom does end up remaking titles that far up the Resident Evil franchise.

However, nothing is confirmed yet, and we can only wait until Capcom gives a proper announcement as to what their next main Resident Evil game will be.

:arrow: Source

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
How about resident evil 2 remake dlc instead? I am so not satisfied with the game. I wish there are more to explore on rpd. Best level ever.
If at all I'd say RE3 Remake needs it the most. The amount of stuff cut from the original is just baffling.
RE2 Remake is still a good enough product on its own, if only it had the swapping system then it'd be a solid 9 or 9.5 for me.

RE4 Remake however is hands down the best remake out of all the RE remakes so far.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assume is going to be code veronica, maybe they can even make survivor a non poo game.
But I would really want to see a dino crises remake instead of more RE games.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
you're lucky that the switch can even play them.
Capcom was the ones that urged Nintendo to give the Switch 4GB of ram so they could port their games to the system, and Nintendo held up their end, Capcom did not. We still don't have 2, 3, 7, or 8 on switch playing natively.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Capcom was the ones that urged Nintendo to give the Switch 4GB of ram so they could port their games to the system, and Nintendo held up their end, Capcom did not. We still don't have 2, 3, 7, or 8 on switch playing natively.
capcom ported their games to the Switch. but 4 gigs are not enough to play Resident Evil 2, 3, 4, 7 or 8.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Enough remake of Bio Hazard,after Bio Hazard 3 Last Escape they ruined the saga with the Plagas.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Enough remake of Bio Hazard,after Bio Hazard 3 Last Escape they ruined the saga with the Plagas.
I want them to bring back fixed cameras, that's what made the series what it was... The fixed angle was part of the horror aspect. The Code Veronica X game made it even better by putting the camera on a fixed point, but also on rails to scroll a little with the player. Bring that back please. Oh, and remake Code Veronica X. It's the only mainliner game without a remake so far, since 5 on up doesn't need remakes.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I want them to bring back fixed cameras, that's what made the series what it was... The fixed angle was part of the horror aspect. The Code Veronica X game made it even better by putting the camera on a fixed point, but also on rails to scroll a little with the player. Bring that back please. Oh, and remake Code Veronica X. It's the only mainliner game without a remake so far, since 5 on up doesn't need remakes.
@Jayro ,well Bio Hazard Code Veronica X is the only one i would like on Switch and also the last one with the plot linked to the main series.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Adding to that, all of the classics need some sort of remaster, similar with what Nightdive Studios has been doing with Turok and other franchises.
Imagine the original RE1, 2, 3 and CV available on Steam, with remade visuals and a whole bunch of QoL features, like proper Widescreen support (with something like what REmake and Zero did on their remasters), 180 degree turns on all of them, and basically just polish all round.
That'd be a day one purchase for me, hands down. More so for the original RE2 if it ever got a remaster.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Adding to that, all of the classics need some sort of remaster, similar with what Nightdive Studios has been doing with Turok and other franchises.
Imagine the original RE1, 2, 3 and CV available on Steam, with remade visuals and a whole bunch of QoL features, like proper Widescreen support (with something like what REmake and Zero did on their remasters), 180 degree turns on all of them, and basically just polish all round.
That'd be a day one purchase for me, hands down. More so for the original RE2 if it ever got a remaster.
Yeah, RE2 on the N64 is my favorite because it got Control Type D, where it could use the analogue stick to walk around normally, not with tank controls. And that alone made it the best port ever made of the game in my opinion. Not having to fight clunky controls is great. I wish the O.G. Silent Hill got remastered with modern controls in mind as well. That game was a real banger.

Last edited by Jayro,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto