"Resident Evil 2 Remake" gets a fully playable fixed camera mod

The Resident Evil 2 Remake released back in 2019 to high acclaim, with the incredible features that the RE Engine brings to the table, which was previously used in Resident Evil 7, it's high quality visuals, audio and retelling of the original and beloved Resident Evil 2 story that many still hold as one of the best in the series.

However, while many enjoyed the title, there were still some that wished Capcom still gave Resident Evil 2 a proper fixed-camera treatment for a Remake, something akin to that of the Resident Evil (1) Remake. The RE2 Remake didn't offer any option for fixed cameras, sadly, but when the developers don't offer such options, the fans are always there to pick up the work.

A brand-new mod has been released over at NexusMods for Resident Evil 2 Remake, titled "RE2 Classic" by alphaZomega, and this new mod brings back the fixed cameras that the original Resident Evil series was known for in its first iterations, alongside a fully working auto-aim, a camera editor for the view angles, and many other features to make the experience as enjoyable and customizable for the player as possible.

Those interested in trying out the mod can download it from the release page of the RE2 Classic mod at NexusMods, be sure to read through the instructions in detail to properly setup the mod and customize it to one's liking.

:arrow: RE2 Classic mod at NexusMods
:arrow: Residence of Evil YouTube Channel - RE2 Classic Mod Showcase

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The red laser from the video is way too bright for my taste, but thankfully that seems to be customizable as well for a more OG experience.

I'm curious to know how the Ivy zombies are gonna be handled, as well as other hit-point specific dependant enemies.

Reactions: Blythe93

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I found a full playthrough with the fixed camera mod on YouTube from a Russian Youtuber called CRAZY IVAN:

It's impressive to see how the auto-aim works with certain enemies and bosses, seems like you can slightly adjust the aim by moving the gun up, down, left or right, and doing that changes the auto-aim to specific parts of the enemy, like seen with the zombies and Birkin's eye, to be able to properly aim to more critical parts of the enemy's with the fixed camera perspective.

This is surely an impressive feat! Makes the fixed mod certainly enjoyable without the hassles of the 3rd person aiming, reminds me a bit of how Eternal Darkness handled its aiming mechanics in fixed camera, where you could aim for specific parts of an enemy's body depending on slight direction changes when aiming. This is without a doubt one of the best examples of fixed camera aiming mechanics I've seen so far.

Bravo to the developer behind it, it's certainly a technological wonder!

Reactions: x65943 and Ligeia
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, that's pretty damn cool, heh
Capcom themselves could've offered this as like an unlockable mode, but cool it now exists as a mod
Guess would be cool if this here was made a mod as well:

CaliousKai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is sick as fuck. Something that should be officially added by Capcom as an optional mode
You mean cool? Why is that term being used so much out of context why not just say "this makes the game even more enjoyable and a more of a good time than it allready isinstead of using slang to voice your opinion?

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
You mean cool? Why is that term being used so much out of context why not just say "this makes the game even more enjoyable and a more of a good time than it allready isinstead of using slang to voice your opinion?
Sorry, I'll time travel back to the 80's and tell them not to start doing that.

• Haha
Reactions: Ligeia

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Slangs these days, man.
Bet. This mod is bussin. Fr fr no cap. gyat it just hits different, the mod creator is lit af we should let him cook. Capcom give me the ick for not doing this. I stan him. Capcom is mid. mid af. They have been a sus dev for a while now.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Bet. This mod is bussin. Fr fr no cap. gyat it just hits different, the mod creator is lit af we should let him cook. Capcom give me the ick for not doing this. I stan him. Capcom is mid. mid af. They have been a sus dev for a while now.

Can't tell if people talking like that were dropped as infants.
Most likely, but still, let's not get sidetracked from the topic :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto